Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-12-2018, 12:42 PM   #1
rozarioorlan

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Anyone work in the parts department or know about parts? Specifically for the bumper.

Recently received all the needed parts for my ZL1 bumper conversion, but noticed something was missing when attempting install.

While attempting to install the bumper last night I noticed none of the bolts would hold in place until I checked out my old bumper and noticed my new one was missing something. It looks like the old bumper has a little contraption which has the 4 prongs that go into the bumper as well as holes for the bolts to go into (all outlined - looks like it has a rubber piece that holds that too bumper in the hood area as well). The second picture is my ZL1 bumper that is obviously missing that piece. Anyone know if it is available for purchase or if you can even find it anywhere? I was going to my local chevy dealer later to ask but wanted to find out the name or number for that part.
Attached Images

2013 2LS - K&N CAI, Overkill Ported 80mm Throttle Body, Overkill E85 Kit and Overkill Tune, Jacfab Ported Intake Manifold and Spacer, Stealth 3.0 TC, ARH Catted Downpipes, Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, Resonator Delete, Jones Full Boar Racing Mufflers, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Seperator
rozarioorlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 03:39 PM   #2
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Try your local Chevrolet dealer's parts dept.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:07 PM   #3
VChula
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1996 Z28 SS & 2014 ZL1
Here you go.

From what I can see, you can transfer the existing upper bumper reinforcements from your old bumper over to the new one by drilling out the rivets as the part numbers are the same.

If you still have your old bumper, all you need to do is buy the 10 rivets.

For the lower air extensions, you will have to get the 4 items and quantities shown in the second image.
Attached Images

1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe #1956
VChula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:13 PM   #4
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
That's odd that it wasn't on the bumper. My ZL1 bumper came with those brackets.