Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-31-2015, 11:16 PM   #71
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
I was thinking about getting a gxp 6 speed g8 but good God almighty are they freakin pricey. I want fun and somewhat practical bc I'm selling (eventually) the ss, z06, ctsv, and the evo. Keeping the srt8 Jeep and getting a fun dd.
Just get the chevy SS , Basically the same car.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:39 PM   #72
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Exaactly but too much dinero lol. Plus I want a manual, both are hard to find in manual. More than likely just gunna keep the ss. The oilfield done pretty much hit rock bottom. I'm lucky I have not had my job cut "yet", and have yet to have a week north of 55 hours (we make the big bucks in ot).

I'm trying to hold out so I can keep my toys but the brutal reality is in my face and all around me (I'm in Midland). Definitely would not mind stepping back into a manual 05/06 gto until work picks back up.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:45 PM   #73
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I owned an 05 GTO and an 06 GTO.
They are extremely comfortable cars. Probably the best seats in any car I've owned over the years. The ride is very smooth. It's a great highway cruiser.

Bad news.
Doesn't fit wide tires.
Very soft suspension makes for lots of wheel hop issues.
Much harder to launch off the line smoothly due to the wheel hop and soft suspension.
Doesn't handle as well - most likely due to very soft suspension and skinnier tires.
Almost everyone ignores it because they think its an old Grand Prix or something. The car is basically invisible to the public on the street.

Only people into performance know what it is (could be a positive because its a major sleeper - most people don't think its a fast car).

But as mentioned, the GTO is extremely comfortable to drive with a much smoother ride than the Camaro. Great cruising car, but not the best choice for the track.

Mod for Mod, my 5th gen Camaro has always run faster times than my LS2 GTOs.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:28 PM   #74
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Exaactly but too much dinero lol. Plus I want a manual, both are hard to find in manual. More than likely just gunna keep the ss. The oilfield done pretty much hit rock bottom. I'm lucky I have not had my job cut "yet", and have yet to have a week north of 55 hours (we make the big bucks in ot).

I'm trying to hold out so I can keep my toys but the brutal reality is in my face and all around me (I'm in Midland). Definitely would not mind stepping back into a manual 05/06 gto until work picks back up.
Oh , ok! You have so many toys that you can give up one without missing it. Except the Camaro. But hope it picks back up for you. I hate when my job slows down .
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:03 PM   #75
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
The GTO has no WOW factor at all. It's a lot older too. Get a low mile used SS. Stay away from dealers, sell your privately and buy privately. it take extra leg work and time but once you have the SS you will be much happier. Get your credit online and never miss a payment, make your payments before you do anything else and you will have great credit and low interest rate loans.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote