Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #155
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Congratulations TagUrIt!...

I wish the IOM would start getting built.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #156
Blackwolf

Drives: 02 Grand Prix, 99 Z71 10 SS/RS
This is AWESOME Tag!!! Congratulations to you, Cyber Grey Brother! I can't imagine how you must be feeling about this. And to have your baby begin life at the hands of THR is just the icing on the cake. It's going to feel like 6 months before June gets here for you.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."
Aaron Gold, About.com

Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #157
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
If you've seen a CGM ZR1 in real life, you would understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyRightFooT View Post
I have to agree with that ... I saw a Cyber Grey ZR1 in real life in the sun light , and since then I want Cyber grey for my camaro :headbang.
Well, I have seen Cyber Gray up close, so I'm not missing anything on that front.

Don't get me wrong, I owned a Dark Shadow Gray Mach 1 at one time, so I can understand why someone would choose gray as a color. I questioned the fuss over the color on this site because it seems more than any other color, CGM is the topic of threads regarding paint/production/constraints, etc. Just seemed like much ado about nothing.

For the record, I would also never, ever put an all-black wheel on any of my cars either, even though that seems like the current craptastic, fad-thing to do.

Again, congrats Tag, I know you'll enjoy it.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:08 PM   #158
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Well, I have seen Cyber Gray up close, so I'm not missing anything on that front.

Don't get me wrong, I owned a Dark Shadow Gray Mach 1 at one time, so I can understand why someone would choose gray as a color. I questioned the fuss over the color on this site because it seems more than any other color, CGM is the topic of threads regarding paint/production/constraints, etc. Just seemed like much ado about nothing.

For the record, I would also never, ever put an all-black wheel on any of my cars either, even though that seems like the current craptastic, fad-thing to do.

I agree about the CGM. I have seen and sat in a CGM ZR1, noo biggie. I actually think it looks like a dirty black. To each their own...

Congrats TAG......

Why is this and the other 400 cars from the vin watch thread not showing up on the map?
Old 04-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #159
Blackwolf

Drives: 02 Grand Prix, 99 Z71 10 SS/RS
Quote:

^^^^^^^^ I don't know or care about all that.........
But I'd like to say: That is one good lookin Hot Rod you've got and it must be a handful with 740HP and 710TQ at the rear wheels!! I'll bet no one can slap the perma-smile off your face when your behind the wheel of that beast!!! Beautiful!!!
"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."
Aaron Gold, About.com

Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #160
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
^^^^^^^^ I don't know or care about all that.........
But I'd like to say: That is one good lookin Hot Rod you've got and it must be a handful with 740HP and 710TQ at the rear wheels!! I'll bet no one can slap the perma-smile off your face when your behind the wheel of that beast!!! Beautiful!!!
Thanks, it is a lot of fun to drive. Unfortunately, having that kind of power has it's drawbacks, too. After only 20K miles, the stock clutch has given up the ghost.:( I have a new McLeod RXT twin-disc on the workbench, however, and now I just need to find the time to put it in.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #161
68RS

Drives: '68 327 RS, 2010 2SS/RS
Congrats Tag, that is awesome. Can't wait to see it.
68RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #162
carls241

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Details

Tag, can yopu provide any specific order details. I ordered CGM, my dealer said it was cancelled, so I changed to Black. I provided him your VIN as proff that CGM is good to go, and he says he cannot find it in any GM system. I was on the phone with him for 15 minutes. My order has a TPW of 4-6, but he is willing to give me another spot if CGM is vaild.

Thanks
carls241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #163
Rob490

Drives: NONE
WOOOOOOOO

Congrats TAG you truly deserve it.

I wonder if Fbodfather had anything to do with this this

cant wait to see pics ENJOY IT!!!!!!!
Rob490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #164
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:

I think it is more based on the fact that we have not seen it. Plus I am questioning whether the quality of the CGM is going to be the same on our 35,000$ car as it will be on the more expensive vette. That is what I want to see.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:14 AM   #165
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I told the Mole and Zeller they should start doing that. Since your Car was obviously the one Mole saw on the line Wednesday he could actually single yours out take care of it for you with a big ole sharpie. That was the first and only CGM they have seen on the line. Comes on line each night around 8 est. That would be too cool!!!
I think that would be just too cool. I'll have to sent them a pm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
Tag looks like "UR IT"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalizer43 View Post
TAG- If you're not picking her up until June, you need have Tom Henry take many pics when she gets to his dealership, and then you MUST post those here for all to see...

Please...
Good grief...I hope to see MANY pixs! I know what you mean!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyELF View Post
My dealer told me yesterday that the Cyber Grey Metallic would not be available until the 3rd quarter. Same thing with the short throw shifter. Is he mis-informed?
Yep. CGM is...well...kind of still on constraint. There will be something like 160 or so cars made in CGM?...to start? ...someone correct me if I'm wrong... But eventually, they will go full swing. Mine just happens to be part of that first group being made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
It's alive! It's real! congratulations, Doug!!

Best regardSS,

Elie
Thank, Elie! I never thought way back when at Indy when we were sitting around the table making Lou do something of those....mmmmm "crazy" things, that something like this would happen. Just blows me away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason44 View Post
Congrats Tag!
Really cant wait to see all the pics of it. So have you that of what custom licenplate you are going to put on your car yet?
Custom plate? Same one I have on now...TG UR IT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Henry Racing View Post
We should have pics as soon as the truck arrives. If I am not in the store when it does they are to call me, I don't want to miss the historic day we are back in the camaro business! I'm excited and it's not even mine......
I could never thank you enough for copies of those pictures. It'll be a huge day for both of us! ...and I'd love to document EVERYTHING!...(as you know w/ a certain piece of metal.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0rsep0wer View Post
Wow. What's it feel like to be the envy of every CGM pre-order-er? CONGRATS!!!
...still feels this way!
Quote:
Congrats on the news, Tag. I know you must be excited.

I do not, however, understand why there is so much fuss made about this particular color. I mean, it's gray, and not even a nice looking gray. IMHO. Am I missing something?
Some like it...some don't. I'm into it for the pix you see above of the vette. I think it's a GREAT color. I love the blue flake in the paint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
Saw it on the line . It looks sweet !
Dude...we need to have a talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
Grats Tag...the way people talk about CGM being a unicorn and shit, this just might be as good as vin# 00001

Just outta curiousity, how come you ordered from PA and you live in Texas?
To me, this IS vin #1! I am ordering from Tom for the simple reason that he IS Tom Henry from Tom Henry Racing. You ever hear of the special edition 4th Gens? Go to his website and check it out. You'll see why.
http://tomhenryracing.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2010CamaroLover View Post
April Fools......... Wait you're serious this time!!??!?!??! SWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!
This is what I keep expecting to see.:Laugh:
Quote:
Geez, I wasn't attacking anything, I just wondered why there were so many posts/threads about CGM.
Hey...I never felt attacked.
IMO, the CGM is like a unicorn. It's, what...the 2nd most popular color for the 5th GEN? ...I think. It's a popular color and it has not been seen on the Camaro yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
If you've seen a CGM ZR1 in real life, you would understand.
....GORGEOUS car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
This is AWESOME Tag!!! Congratulations to you, Cyber Grey Brother! I can't imagine how you must be feeling about this. And to have your baby begin life at the hands of THR is just the icing on the cake. It's going to feel like 6 months before June gets here for you.

You have no IDEA how long I have wanted and hoped for something Exactly like this. I'm just floored...
Quote:
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carls241 View Post
Tag, can yopu provide any specific order details. I ordered CGM, my dealer said it was cancelled, so I changed to Black. I provided him your VIN as proff that CGM is good to go, and he says he cannot find it in any GM system. I was on the phone with him for 15 minutes. My order has a TPW of 4-6, but he is willing to give me another spot if CGM is vaild.

Thanks
The only constraint that was effecting my order was the Hurst shifter. CGM is still a go....although now that mine is built, I DEMAND THEY CEASE CGM PRODUCTION!

Nah...the hurst shifter was taken off so we could speed up the order. Tom is going to put that on once the Camaro arrives at his dealer. Other than that, it's a regular order...nothing new or big about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
I think it is more based on the fact that we have not seen it. Plus I am questioning whether the quality of the CGM is going to be the same on our 35,000$ car as it will be on the more expensive vette. That is what I want to see.
Oh, I think it will be! GM knows they have to get this one right.

Since it is the first...or one of the first, imagine all the eyes that will be on it looking over EVERY detail of the car making sure they got it ALL perfect! Incredible!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:19 AM   #166
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Tag, can't wait for pics of the car. Can't remember for sure if you're getting stripes or not...but it would be AWESOME is there was a set of black stripes you could just set on top of it to take pics of what it would look like with them on Seeing that might make me switch up my order.

btw....GRATZ!!!!!!
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:30 AM   #167
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
We have some special stripes in mind....special stripes, they are!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:52 AM   #168
New2010CamaroLover

Drives: 2015 Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
We have some special stripes in mind....special stripes, they are!
Special you say..... Hmmm I'm intrigued!!