Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-01-2011, 01:03 AM   #85
LarkVille

Drives: The Larkvillemobile
Interesting how he ends the article with the term happy ending, which is also the term for an "extra service" that supposedly goes on in massage rooms and spas.

At the beginning he mentions the photos shoot like a 'massage'.
LarkVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:39 AM   #86
2010-CAMARO-SS

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
info on brakes

Hi
I have a 2010 camaro ss with the original brembo 4 pistons at the front and i would like to upgrade with the brembo 6 pistons from the Z06 corvette,anyone know if it will fit ?
2010-CAMARO-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #87
Kwik

Drives: car
Just get the Brembo 6 piston caliper only upgrade. Talk to Stephen at MTI Racing.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #88
footbalosu52
Banned

Drives: Silver fire-orange SS2
everything on the zl1, with the interior of the stock camaro and you got yourself one badass ride
footbalosu52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #89
Weezerj

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS -- 02 Escalade
article was ok....but at the end, that sound from the ZL1....well, I may have to go change my pants.

any guesses how many times I can watch that video between now and next Feb?
Weezerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #90
Weezerj

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS -- 02 Escalade
Me after watching that video.....

Weezerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #91
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
in the video on the first page, he says "[the camaro has] magnetic dampers taken from the ZR1 corvette" .. followed by "improved electrical steering"

what does he mean by the magnetic dampers and can the handling really be that much better?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #92
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
Door locks are now on the door? What's the button below the flashers where the door lock used to be?
Old 04-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #93
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofpuppets View Post
Door locks are now on the door? What's the button below the flashers where the door lock used to be?
Currently still the lock/unlock doors button

Old 04-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #94
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky918 View Post
in the video on the first page, he says "[the camaro has] magnetic dampers taken from the ZR1 corvette" .. followed by "improved electrical steering"

what does he mean by the magnetic dampers and can the handling really be that much better?
The Magnetic Ride Control features shocks that have what are essentially metal filings (I'm over-simplifying...) suspended in the shock fluid. When an electric current is applied to the fluid in the shock, the filings move at a certain speed (so-to-speak). Changing the amount of current applied to the shocks changes the speed the filings move, thereby changing the effective thickness of the shock fluid. These changes in viscocity will allow the shock to move at different rates (i.e. faster and slower). A computer actually measures the speed the suspension moves at each tire, and can change the viscocity (thickness) of the fluid in each shock to make them harder or softer and keep the tires planted on the road more effectively. Keeping the tires planted will allow more friction which will create more traction which makes the car handle better. In addition, different settings can be computed into the computer, so you can make the front shocks "looser" in the front and "harder" in the rear for drag racing and weight transfer, or tune them for general comfort for the street, and more aggressive for track driving.

It is a lot more complicated than that, but I'm simplified it to as much as I understand it. MRC WILL make ZL1 handle better Look at what it did in Z07 package for Z06 (along with the other improvements it adds on top of a "standard" Z'oh).

I don't know if you've riden in a car with adjustable struts, springs, sway bars and the like, but if you haven't, I'd encourage you to; then I think you'll have a better answer to your last question

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #95
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
so you can make the front shocks "looser" in the front and "harder" in the rear

Radz, I love it when you talk dirty like that ! Have a great day.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #96
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Radz, I love it when you talk dirty like that ! Have a great day.
OMG!!! If I had coffee in my mouth, it would've been all over my desk, PC, and wall!!! You have a great one, too!!! Hopefully we'll be enjoying some ZL1 pics' from TX here soon

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #97
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Thanks, there should be some new pictures coming very soon.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:21 AM   #98
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE

Drives: 99 TransAm WS6,00 TransAm WS6,05GTP
so are they gonna make it with an auto or what? why make a great car like this & only make it in manual? it doesnt make sense to me GM if you wanna sell a shitload of ZL1s make a lot of autos & manuals,let the customers decide on what trans they want dont just offer one transmission & be done with it give us the option to choose
#1 DIE HARD GM FAN SSuperior MotorSportz "the SSpirit of Championz,The Attitude of Winnerz,"TEAM FBODY WE LIVE AND BREATHE PERFORMANCE"General Motors 4 Life "CAMARO & TRANS AM RACING ORGANIZATION" THE STREETZ IS A JUNGLE,ONLY 2 BEAST REIGN AS KING:THE PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6/FIREHAWK & CAMARO SS/Z28
CamaroTransAmFAM is offline   Reply With Quote