Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #2073
Black GT
Banned

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ok... let a few of my 2005+ V6 Mustang friends (who are performance oriented people) drive my Camaro... They all liked it.. When I mentioned that the base V6 Camaro was more than a base V6 Mustang they all agreed that yes, the Camaro cost more but they felt you got MORE CAR with the Camaro and it would be worth the extra cost...

But than IF they are performance oriented people they could get the V8 for a little more cost than the V6.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #2074
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Ok... let a few of my 2005+ V6 Mustang friends (who are performance oriented people) drive my Camaro... They all liked it.. When I mentioned that the base V6 Camaro was more than a base V6 Mustang they all agreed that yes, the Camaro cost more but they felt you got MORE CAR with the Camaro and it would be worth the extra cost...

I bet that answer will be different in 2011. In fact I know it will.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #2075
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black GT View Post
But than IF they are performance oriented people they could get the V8 for a little more cost than the V6.
You can still be performance oriented and NOT have a V8... Performance oriented doesn't mean buying the biggest motor available... It's about making the most with what you have...

BTW... when I bought my V6 back in 2005, a GT was about $8,000 more...
Old 10-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #2076
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
oh please. About 16 years ago, before college I had a 1981 Cutlass with a built Chevy 350 and Turbo 400 with stall & 3.73 POSI in the back. It dyno'd at 297 hp at the flywheel. My 3.6 puts out slightly more hp (about 45 lbs ft torque less) and is:
1. safer
2. almost as fast ( and I smoked allot of GT's & Irocs with my Olds)
3. double the gas mileage
4. designed in the 21st century.
(DI & 24 valves & VVT are some serious performance ingredients)
5. More fun to drive with the 6 sp manual

Performance doesn't mean it has to have a V8.

....doesn't have that killer built rat V8 sound though I have to admit.....
Old 10-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #2077
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Will it ever end?
Old 10-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #2078
Black GT
Banned

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by esperman View Post
oh please. About 16 years ago, before college I had a 1981 Cutlass with a built Chevy 350 and Turbo 400 with stall & 3.73 POSI in the back. It dyno'd at 297 hp at the flywheel. My 3.6 puts out slightly more hp (about 45 lbs ft torque less) and is:
1. safer
2. almost as fast ( and I smoked allot of GT's & Irocs with my Olds)
3. double the gas mileage
4. designed in the 21st century.
(DI & 24 valves & VVT are some serious performance ingredients)
5. More fun to drive with the 6 sp manual

Performance doesn't mean it has to have a V8.

....doesn't have that killer built rat V8 sound though I have to admit.....
And I bet that even that 28 year old Cutlall would beat your V6 you have now.

Just stating what scrming said IF his buddies are into performance and willing to spend a little more why not get the V8 and have a better platform to work with.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #2079
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Quote:

Just stating what scrming said IF his buddies are into performance and willing to spend a little more why not get the V8 and have a better platform to work with.

I must agree.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:47 PM   #2080
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:

Because some times it's more fun to take the road less traveled...
Old 10-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #2081
rikelme90

Drives: 2010 black 1lt rs camaro
Send a message via AIM to rikelme90
lmao soo ford had to give there v6 mustang steroids just to outpower the camaro by 11hp??
thats pretty sad. . .
and youll prob. end up paying 5k more than wat a v6 camaro cost, (you could upgrade the v6 with those extra 5k and get more than 350hp. . .uuuum better investment??
and looks-wise the camaro owns
if seen soo many people saying "COOOL", "look a camaro", and people straight out stop walking just to see it, thumbs ups, girls saying hi . . i think ive made my point
Old 10-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #2082
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikelme90 View Post
lmao soo ford had to give there v6 mustang steroids just to outpower the camaro by 11hp??
thats pretty sad. . .
and youll prob. end up paying 5k more than wat a v6 camaro cost, (you could upgrade the v6 with those extra 5k and get more than 350hp. . .uuuum better investment??
if seen soo many people saying "COOOL", "look a camaro", and people straight out stop walking just to see it, thumbs ups, girls saying hi . . i think ive made my point
Nope... I think you will find the base V6 Mustang has been and will continue to be less money than a base V6 Camaro...

As far as the "cool", thumbs up and stares... I always got a a LOT of that when I bought my 2005 Mustang in early 2005... I mean I seen people just about drive off the road while staring at my Mustang... And yes, I had more than one girl say "That's a bad a$$ car" LOL!

Everyone was GEEKED about the new S197 Stang just like they are the new Camaro... I imagine in 3 years the new Camaro fanfare will settle down just like it did for the S197 Mustang...
Old 10-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #2083
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikelme90 View Post
Quote:
thats pretty sad. . .
So was this new V6 always in the Camaro. NOPE. You weren't laughing when the last Camaro had a weak V6. Camaro got an upgrade now it's the Mustangs turn.

Quote:
Most V6 buyers ain't trying to put 5k in the engine anyways so having more (315hp) factory power will be a good selling point.

Plus that sucks if 5k only gets you 46 more hp

Quote:
Everyone wants a nice car but although you think the Camaro looks better, there are certaintly people who will disagree with you on that point all day. Please don't cry when people stop saying "COOL" when you drive by. The newness wears off of all cars, Mustangs included

Old 10-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #2084
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
Nope... I think you will find the base V6 Mustang has been and will continue to be less money than a base V6 Camaro...

As far as the "cool", thumbs up and stares... I always got a a LOT of that when I bought my 2005 Mustang in early 2005... I mean I seen people just about drive off the road while staring at my Mustang... And yes, I had more than one girl say "That's a bad a$$ car" LOL!

Everyone was GEEKED about the new S197 Stang just like they are the new Camaro... I imagine in 3 years the new Camaro fanfare will settle down just like it did for the S197 Mustang...
I could'nt have said it better myself. Hell I added new rim's to my Stang and evryone look's at it as if it were a totally new car. I have had so many people give just from adding them alone I cant imagine the reaction's once the rest is done. And to be honest I did'nt expect even half the attention it is getting now.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #2085
PhelpsPhan

Drives: 2010 2SS hopefully
2011 mustang

Dont want to start an outrage here but Ford is back on the map with the rustang.

so the new 2011 mustang v6 will get 315 hp and supposedly going to have ecoboost and also bring back the 5.0L v8 claiming to make 400 hp. You must admit that the mustang did post impressive time with the 315 hp 4.6L. Ford must be mad about the huge loss to the camaro this year. Makes me wonder if i should wait a little longer to make my car choice. But anyway just a thought for you guys.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:12 PM   #2086
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelpsPhan View Post
Dont want to start an outrage here but Ford is back on the map with the rustang.

so the new 2011 mustang v6 will get 315 hp and supposedly going to have ecoboost and also bring back the 5.0L v8 claiming to make 400 hp. You must admit that the mustang did post impressive time with the 315 hp 4.6L. Ford must be mad about the huge loss to the camaro this year. Makes me wonder if i should wait a little longer to make my car choice. But anyway just a thought for you guys.
Meh, horsepower is all relative. CAI, headers, and exhaust and you'll beat the Coyote too.

Closed Thread