Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #43
ROBBDOGG1986
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Shutup, the zl1 front bumper looks better than SS, so thats why I want it, im not going to be a fake zl1, im not getting the hood that is ugly IMO, im not putting zl1 badges, I will still have SS badges.

I figure why purchase a similar looking aftermarket version when I want it to look like the ZL1,

I suppose you say everyone who gets quad exhaust is trying to be a ZL1??

What about a suede steering wheel? Am I allowed to get that, or do I have to call you first

Amen to that! I'm not trying to rip off zL1 owners. I just wanted the bumper without the badges and hood.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #44
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
part #S all i want is the grill
Old 11-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #45
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
With all the road damage to my front fascia I would be replacing it anyway. Why not go for the ZL1 fascia vs a stock fascia? I cant wait to get this.

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #46
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
Like I said before, people are going to do what they want to do that comes with the territory, but let's agree to disagree on this one. My opinion is that the unique fascia is a very big identifier of the model (and this also applies to the SS fascia on a V6 model like you mentioned). It might not be a badge, but it's awful close IMO.

If I see a ZL1 or SS fascia on a car across the road, I'm going to think it's a ZL1 or SS respectively. I'm not going to get all close and look for badges.

I know that about a year after the C6 Z06 was released, I saw one of the first ones in a parking lot. It had the wide body, the intake port in the front fascia, etc. Upon close inspection, it wasn't a Z06 at all but a base model with a Z06 body kit. What a disappointment. I went from being all excited to saying "oh" and walking away. Not that there is anything wrong with the base model C6, I just felt deceived and therefore it lessened my appreciation for the car in general. Maybe the owner just liked the way the kit looked, or maybe he was trying to fool people, who knows.

To me it's a no no and I would never do it. If GM offers up some special addition ultimate Camaro with an LS9 and a different fascia that I thought looked better than the ZL1, I wouldn't even think about swapping out fascias (or any other unique body panel or feature to that model). That's just an unwritten rule I personally abide by.

That's just my opinion and I'm sure it's going to ruffle some feathers. Get whatever makes you happy but don't expect everyone else to be receptive to it, that also comes with the territory.
O yeah I agree with you, I just think that fake badging is where I draw the line. I do know what you mean when you see something from a distance and get all excited and then are let down once you get closer... I have seen a couple V6's with the SS fascia myself. I look at it like if I want the ZL1 look since the fascia is amazing I would rather go with the GM part than like the overly expensive T3 ports and then black out the bottom middle part as you seen some people do. Doing those things I just mentioned are fine and look good on most cars but between that option and the ZL1 fascia, I would buy the ZL1 front every time. And also with the amount of chips and dings my front gets, I think if I was ordering a new fascia I would want the ZL1 over a replacement SS...

how do you feel about the wheels then, like if an SS owner put the black "SSX" wheels on their car? just curious since we have a healthy discussion going here
Old 11-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #47
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
cant wait to see it on IOM
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #48
TJ91

2010 ZL6 lol im just kidding guys.
I feel guilty wanting it :(
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 11-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #49
SemyDaCop
LocoBee in da RGV

Drives: '10 Custom RY 1LT, '14 BlK SS/RS
Fake or not I want it!!!!!! i just want the fron fascia look ...I have a v6 but just want the t-ports i dont do the badging thing.so i think this would be the better way to go.

How bout the ZLV6...

2010 Camaro 1Lt Custom
2014 Camaro 2SS/RS Custom
SemyDaCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #50
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart53 View Post
O yeah I agree with you, I just think that fake badging is where I draw the line. I do know what you mean when you see something from a distance and get all excited and then are let down once you get closer... I have seen a couple V6's with the SS fascia myself. I look at it like if I want the ZL1 look since the fascia is amazing I would rather go with the GM part than like the overly expensive T3 ports and then black out the bottom middle part as you seen some people do. Doing those things I just mentioned are fine and look good on most cars but between that option and the ZL1 fascia, I would buy the ZL1 front every time. And also with the amount of chips and dings my front gets, I think if I was ordering a new fascia I would want the ZL1 over a replacement SS...

how do you feel about the wheels then, like if an SS owner put the black "SSX" wheels on their car? just curious since we have a healthy discussion going here
I agree that the badges are crossing the line. If a saw them on a "fake" ZL1 I think I would nicely ask the owner to remove them and if he doesn't, dental floss time The SSX wheels where first seen on the SSX concept so I don't think their a signature wheel for the ZL1 and they have also been seen on the 1LE concept and look awesome. The front fascia just say's ZL1 and if a see one from across the street I will go check it out and if it's a "fake" ZL1 I'll just keep moving on.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #51
TJ91

lol the SSX wheels have made their way onto the Sonic
Old 11-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #52
Rice Killer
Cooter

Drives: my wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
lol the SSX wheels have made their way onto the Sonic
The sonic comes with 20" wheels?
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.
Rice Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #53
antivenom

Drives: Too many to list
Put the emblems on cloners....I was driving a cam+bolt on ZR1 and a clone ZR1 came up beside me.......you know what? Clones usually dont run with the real thing.
antivenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #54
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Killer View Post
The sonic comes with 20" wheels?
What size are these?

Old 11-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #55
Rice Killer
Cooter

Drives: my wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
What size are these?

Is that a production model or a concept? It's not uncommon to use nice bits out of the parts bin on a concept.
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.
Rice Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #56
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Killer View Post

Is that a production model or a concept? It's not uncommon to use nice bits out of the parts bin on a concept.
Concept I think