Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 09-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #183
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Yep. Which means there will not be a SEC vs SEC National Championship this year...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III via Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #184
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Carats View Post
Yep. Which means there will not be a SEC vs SEC National Championship this year...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III via Tapatalk
Well, that 5% is OU, Texas, USC and the top 4 SEC teams.

But, 'Lose Early' helps.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #185
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Maybe at skilled positions. The depth of the SEC is highly exaggerated. Much like the Salary cap on the NFL, the scholarship caps have evened the playing field so the larger conferences and teams/schools can't stockpile players.
Apparently you're unaware of the massive over signing that was going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Blake Countess is out for the year with a torn ACL. Any more injuries to key players and every game is going to look like the first one.......
Huge blow. Thankfully Lewan is ok.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #186
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post

Huge blow. Thankfully Lewan is ok.
Hopefully with Fitz coming back he can take some pressure off Denard.

"Both Michigan starting running back Fitzgerald Toussaint and defensive end Frank Clark will play against the Air Force Falcons on Saturday, Michigan coach Brady Hoke said Monday".
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #187
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
I'll agree to agree on most of that.

I just get sick of OU being the team that underachieves and over excuses.

Right now their offensive line can't seem to move anyone out of the way. If the stats are to be an indicator then the secondary played well OR the D-Line put some quick pressure on the QB. Minus the two 68+ yard runs allowed the D played great all the way around.

So I do know what possitives are there.

I just know that the other legit contenders don't have to always make excuses. They just go out and take care of business. It doesn't effect Bama, LSU, etc..... to play a night game to open a season and other random hurdles. They take the field whenever and wherever and play.
I feel much the same way. We're a top 10 program year in and year out but we do so with less talent. You have to remember, we don't get 5 star recruits. We take good players and make them great. That takes time. Some of these guys are new/young are trying to get a feel for the football culture of Oklahoma.

Did you see Bob's face on the sidelines? He was not worried. Mike was jumping around like a lunatic (I love it) but Bob had this calm disposition that made me believe there's more there than we saw on the field in El Paso.

I still expect us to lose 2-3 games this year if the offense doesn't get in step. I think the KSU game will be a great litmus for the rest of the season. Snyder is such a great fundamentals coach. He does more with less than just about anyone in the country. We beat them last year 58-17 in Manhattan so I shouldn't be worried, but Snyder will have his boys ready to play.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #188
JUISSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
I feel much the same way. We're a top 10 program year in and year out but we do so with less talent. You have to remember, we don't get 5 star recruits. We take good players and make them great. That takes time. Some of these guys are new/young are trying to get a feel for the football culture of Oklahoma.
You can't be serious with this. OU raids Texas every year for top talent and they get plenty of it. Here are just the Scout rankings for the past few years:

2012 OU #10, 1 5 star
2011 OU #15, 4 5 stars
2010 OU #2, 5 5 stars
2009 OU #10, 3 5 stars
2008 OU #13, 3 5 stars

They are loaded with talent.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #189
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:

Did you see Bob's face on the sidelines? He was not worried. Mike was jumping around like a lunatic (I love it) but Bob had this calm disposition that made me believe there's more there than we saw on the field in El Paso.

I still expect us to lose 2-3 games this year if the offense doesn't get in step. I think the KSU game will be a great litmus for the rest of the season. Snyder is such a great fundamentals coach. He does more with less than just about anyone in the country. We beat them last year 58-17 in Manhattan so I shouldn't be worried, but Snyder will have his boys ready to play.
Admittedly, I couldn't watch the game here. I could only follow the stats.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #190
PQ
Booooosted.

OH, and I don't follow recruiting. Boring as hell. I'm assuming that having 5 star recruits is good?

Seems like only having only 1, or even 3, is not very good?

I have no clue.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #191
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
OH, and I don't follow recruiting. Boring as hell. I'm assuming that having 5 star recruits is good?

Seems like only having only 1, or even 3, is not very good?

I have no clue.
Actually getting one 5 star is good....

For example... For the 2013 class USC and Michigan are number 1 and 3. Neither have a 5 star recruit......
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #192
MEDISIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
You can't be serious with this. OU raids Texas every year for top talent and they get plenty of it. Here are just the Scout rankings for the past few years:

2012 OU #10, 1 5 star
2011 OU #15, 4 5 stars
2010 OU #2, 5 5 stars
2009 OU #10, 3 5 stars
2008 OU #13, 3 5 stars

They are loaded with talent.
Rivals.com has us lower than this. Sure we get a few here and there but we are usually outside the top 10. We can't help it if Tejas kids want to get the hell out of Tejas

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
Old 09-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #193
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Rivals.com has us lower than this. Sure we get a few here and there but we are usually outside the top 10. We can't help it if Tejas kids want to get the hell out of Tejas
ACTUALLY ( I do pay attention to Rivals recruiting )
In the last 3 years OU has shopped outside of Texas more than usual.
A lot more recruits are staying home and going to TCU/SMU and Houston than leaving.

OU is still getting some WR's and Lineman from Texas but Oklahoma is hitting Arkansas and New MExico and the west coast a lot.

We are doing the same.... We have gone to Ohio for a linebacker and to Georgia for a few more linebackers.
3 of out lineman on campus are from Mississippi and Bama the rest come from in state of course.

Funny you make it sound like You are taking Texas recruits lol
in the last 2 years only two recruits did Texas and OU actually both want

1 jackson jeffcoat ( cowboy lineman jim jeffcoats son. his daughter goes to OU ) jackson came to Austin as he wanted to play under our new coach that came from Bama.

2 Jonathan gray RB actually #1 overall RB in state history by hs #'s FOR NOW lol Chose Texas as OU has Tons of RB's

CALHOUN/FINCH/WHALEY and 4 more on Roster.

oh and you are not usually out of the top 10. Back 5 years ago OU and Texas were always in the top 5. but we are not reaching out for 5 star recruits when that position isnt needed anymore as in how we used to.
Bring in a 5star DB as an athlete and use him where ever.

VENABLES was your Big recruiter ask Broyles and AD

Ours was Davis and Akina. Major stepped up in Davis place and Harsin is Helping Akina with the places he went when he was at Boise NOTE the 5 star conner brewer committment he was leaning torwards when he was at Boise.

yall have been taking lower rating recruits and making more with them which is what OU did in the old days. nearly always someone from JENKS OU on the squad lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by skar View Post
Yep will be lucky to win 7 games .
Hope I am wrong.
Really its 1 game !!!!!!!

if you say that because you lose a player or two that just shows how your recruiting really is.

besides the reason yall looked like you did the other night was because HOKE is trying to do what we did with Vince early in his carrer which mean make him run a different offense.
STOP and let him run his offense it works!!!!!

I recall when Ohio state hired myer a lot of you michigan fans were on here bashing that decision saying it wont do a thing. Funny even though it was against miami ohio that complete team looked like they were playing as a team again. NO mistakes , finishing a play out 100% and hussleing.

The Ohio st / Michigan Rivalry is all about beating one another every uear that whats makes it so cool !!!!!! Watching yall walk off the field with a win made that university spend some $$$$$$ and say oh hell NO lol

just 1 game we will see

quit throwing in the towel so soon by saying 7 games the best GEEZE

YOU WOULD NEVER HEAR THAT FROM A TRUE TEXAS OR OU FAN UNLESS ITS THE STAR QB.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #194
MEDISIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post

yall have been taking lower rating recruits and making more with them which is what OU did in the old days. nearly always someone from JENKS OU on the squad lol
LOL my wife went to Union. We don't talk about Jenks in this house

I have noticed the trend in plucking a player from here and there across the country, with less dependence on Tejas. Nationally televised games helps with that I'm sure. I can't imagine many 18y/o want to leave southern California for Norman, OK because of the scenery. Well, except for this

Old 09-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #195
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Quote:
ACTUALLY ( I do pay attention to Rivals recruiting )

if you say that because you lose a player or two that just shows how your recruiting really is.

besides the reason yall looked like you did the other night was because HOKE is trying to do what we did with Vince early in his carrer which mean make him run a different offense.

I recall when Ohio state hired myer a lot of you michigan fans were on here bashing that decision saying it wont do a thing. Funny even though it was against miami ohio that complete team looked like they were playing as a team again. NO mistakes , finishing a play out 100% and hussleing.

The Ohio st / Michigan Rivalry is all about beating one another every uear that whats makes it so cool !!!!!! Watching yall walk off the field with a win made that university spend some $$$$$$ and say oh hell NO lol

just 1 game we will see

You must not have seen their schedule.
Alabama LOSS
ND away game
Nebraska away game
Ohio state away game
Mich, ST home game.
Right now they would be the underdogs in these games .
JL Audio XD400/4 amp
Pfadt trailing arms & tie rods sway bars.
pedders street 1 package. ,Hurst short throw shifter
With bronze bushings .

Last edited by skar; 09-04-2012 at 05:33 PM.
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #196
JUISSD

Quote:
A few here and there is a pretty big understatement. They get plenty.

Quote:

just 1 game we will see

It's definitely not the end of the world but any injuries at this point to key players is devastating. RRod left the cupboards BARE as far as depth with horrible overall recruiting. The recruits are coming now thanks to Hoke (top 5 class last year, top 5 class coming in '13) but it's going to take a couple of years for him to get those players playing at a strong level with depth.

As far as not letting Denard run in the game against Bama, I think it was for his own good. Bama stacked LB's on the outside and he would've gotten killed. He had open WR's he could've hit to spread out the defense but most of the time he was off the mark or they ran crappy routes. At the end of the day this game is no big deal, but it does show how far they have to go before they're a national power. In 2-3 years they'll get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skar View Post
You must not have seen their schedule.
Alabama LOSS
ND away game
Nebraska away game
Ohio state away game
Mich, ST home game.
Right now they would be the underdogs in these games .
It's a tough schedule for sure but none of those teams is anywhere near the talent level of Bama. None of them are as well coached either. They could easily go 3-1 or 2-2 in those games.