Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-01-2016, 03:07 PM   #1
HOU_TX_SS

Drives: Camaro SS
Fuel System Dilemma

I just ordered a complete return regulated fuel system from Fore Innovations to run e85. I am currently running on the lingenfelter setup and just ran out of fuel. Do I need to return my system back to stock and then install the Fore setup or can I just take out the pump (Already have a door access) and continue using the other components that were with the Lingenfelter setup? Im trying to get up and running for TX2K and really just cant be bothered dropping the tank and rewiring the FPCM if its not needed. Any help is appreciated.

Justin
Fully Built 416ci / Procharger F1X / Century Built 4L80 / ZL1 Differential / Alky Control Meth /Circle D Triple Disk / ID1300s / Fore Innovations Return / Kooks Full Exhaust / Holley HiRam / e85 / 15in Conversion on Forgestar Beadlocks / Tuner: Pat G
HOU_TX_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:17 PM   #2
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
I'll help you for what I know. You should be able to swap out just the pumps and put in fore harness which I don't believe needs the tank dropped. However what needs to be addressed is rather or not you're swapping to the return system in which case you'll need to run another line, also are you just using the factory line or running new AN lines? I'm not keen on the Lingenfelter system but last time I checked it was a return less system and after just talking to fore the other day I'm sure it's return style. Kind of vague, sorry, but just trying to help but someone who might have made the same swap might be able to help more.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:27 PM   #3
HOU_TX_SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
I'll help you for what I know. You should be able to swap out just the pumps and put in fore harness which I don't believe needs the tank dropped. However what needs to be addressed is rather or not you're swapping to the return system in which case you'll need to run another line, also are you just using the factory line or running new AN lines? I'm not keen on the Lingenfelter system but last time I checked it was a return less system and after just talking to fore the other day I'm sure it's return style. Kind of vague, sorry, but just trying to help but someone who might have made the same swap might be able to help more.
I appreciate your input. I am in fact going to a full return style fuel system and will be running all new PTFE fuel lines including flex fuel and rising regulator. I want to be able to just pull the Lingenfelter pump (basically a stock hat with CTSV pumps) and drop in the fore pump setup. I put in a call to Lingenfelter but no response yet. Maybe I'll call Justin at Fore to see if he knows.
Fully Built 416ci / Procharger F1X / Century Built 4L80 / ZL1 Differential / Alky Control Meth /Circle D Triple Disk / ID1300s / Fore Innovations Return / Kooks Full Exhaust / Holley HiRam / e85 / 15in Conversion on Forgestar Beadlocks / Tuner: Pat G
Old 03-01-2016, 07:28 PM   #4
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU_TX_SS View Post
I appreciate your input. I am in fact going to a full return style fuel system and will be running all new PTFE fuel lines including flex fuel and rising regulator. I want to be able to just pull the Lingenfelter pump (basically a stock hat with CTSV pumps) and drop in the fore pump setup. I put in a call to Lingenfelter but no response yet. Maybe I'll call Justin at Fore to see if he knows.
Yea give him a call I have horrible memory loss and even though I just talked to him Friday I can't remember some details. I'm pretty sure its like any other fue pump and uses the stock hat so it shouldn't be a big deal
Old 03-01-2016, 07:32 PM   #5
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
Quote:
really just cant be bothered dropping the tank and rewiring the FPCM if its not needed. Any help is appreciated.

Justin
all the fpcm stuff is behind the rear passenger side panel as far as I know... no reason to drop the tank?
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:31 PM   #6
HOU_TX_SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fif_gen_powa View Post
all the fpcm stuff is behind the rear passenger side panel as far as I know... no reason to drop the tank?
You are correct. With the Lingenfelter setup, you have to drop the tank and install a different crossover tube. You also change out the FPCM which gets rewired. If I can leave the Lingenfelter FPCM and crossover tube in place and just pull the pump and replace it will make things alot easier.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:39 AM   #7
HOU_TX_SS

So I figured out at least one problem. The reason lingenfelter provides the crossover tube is because the fitting that it snaps/plugs into on the OEM fuel pump is different on the CTSV/Lingenfelter one (larger). You can see in the picture what I'm referring to. I called Justin at FORE and he told me that you can just swap out the fitting for the correct size and that it just unscrews from their assembly. Makes life easy.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:51 AM   #8
2012LS3VERT

Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
If I was to do it, I would swap out to a 100% stock setup, then sell the full Lingenfelter setup, you would likely come out ahead that way.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:12 AM   #9
Brewster

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
So I figured out at least one problem. The reason lingenfelter provides the crossover tube is because the fitting that it snaps/plugs into on the OEM fuel pump is different on the CTSV/Lingenfelter one (larger). You can see in the picture what I'm referring to. I called Justin at FORE and he told me that you can just swap out the fitting for the correct size and that it just unscrews from their assembly. Makes life easy.
Did you ever get your return system installed? Did rum the return fuel line without dropping the tank? If so, how?
Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:34 AM   #10
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
The tank should be dropped but if you're looking to avoid doing that you'll need to cut a hole under your rear seat to gain access to the pump. It makes it easy to change the pump out but for the love of god be careful. If you have the stones to cut a door you should be able to slide the return like down the side of the tank.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote