Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-24-2021, 01:41 PM   #15
Rob3D

Drives: Car
If you’re real worried about your car being stolen, there’s a few threads on here that talk about kill switches. They seem to be surprisingly popular.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 09:03 PM   #16
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
The 357 answer is stupid. If you. shoot someone just breaking into your car, you are going to jail. If your, or others, life is not in jeopardy with no immediate threat, it won’t be justified. Courts will put life over property every time. .
Not here.
We have laws and mean it.
In defense of life and property, it is justified.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:02 PM   #17
PaulsSS

Drives: 15SS Camaro
Best defense is to protect yourself with a good insurance policy . I have State Farm with zero deductible on comp. Last time the car was vandalized they sent a adjuster out and took care of everything. Was it a pain in the butt? Absolutely but it didn't cost me anything. Years ago I bought a brand new WS6 and of course the local druggies were all overwhelmed because they couldn't buy one(STOP USING DRUGS LOSER!) they came down here one night and scratched the windshield hood and rear spoiler. I knew who did this but of course even with cameras I couldn't prove it. So I sat out a few nights with a 38spec waiting for them to try again. I passed the word around what happened and if you have the nuts come on back. No one ever came back and that was the end of that luckily. I wouldn't shot anyone of course but their underwear they would be a changing had they tried.
PaulsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 12:54 AM   #18
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
I have a Vava 2K Dashcam. Pretty decent unit, does what it needs to do. Front facing only though, although Vava now sell a front/rear facing 4K model finally. I can record 2K @ 30fps or 1080P @ 30/60 fps, has GPS and date/time/mph watermark, wifi and phone app connectivity, parking G sensor, bluetooth remote snapshot button. Fairly basic stuff. To be perfectly honest, I mainly use it for when someone in a Mustang or Challenger pulls up next to me at a red light...It has served me well for boosting the ego

I don't use it so much to deter theft as I do to be able to file claim on any asshat that damages the front/sides of the car and for proof of fault in an accident. Luckily I haven't needed to use it for this yet. Obviously, a 360º setup would be much better in this regard. I do like being able to record all the crazy stuff that happens in front of me and watch it back later - this is Florida after all!

Happy with it for what I paid for it. There are plenty of higher end dashcams out there if you want tons of features.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 09:57 AM   #19
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
Not here.
We have laws and mean it.
In defense of life and property, it is justified.
SMFH. No you don’t and no it’s not. Stupidity gives me a headache. Life and property are two different things. You might wanna brush up on the deadly force rules of Texas. The mere act of killing someone for trespassing or stealing your car without aggravation is illegal. People always talk big about using force, but blowing someone’s head off for taking a short cut across your property or trying to steal your car is bat shit crazy.

People should really stay informed about this to stay out of trouble. 9 out of 10 people don’t have the balls to kill someone anyway…most people in a genuine life threatening “hold your ground” situation hesitate often to the point of missing the target or getting their weapon snatched from them. You can read case after case of people being shot with their own weapon. (Or pistol whipped)

If you wanna read some cool stuff, read up about booby trapping your property. People have gotten serious jail time and property forfeiture for that craziness.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:19 AM   #20
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I have a Vava 2K Dashcam. Pretty decent unit, does what it needs to do. Front facing only though, although Vava now sell a front/rear facing 4K model finally. I can record 2K @ 30fps or 1080P @ 30/60 fps, has GPS and date/time/mph watermark, wifi and phone app connectivity, parking G sensor, bluetooth remote snapshot button. Fairly basic stuff. To be perfectly honest, I mainly use it for when someone in a Mustang or Challenger pulls up next to me at a red light...It has served me well for boosting the ego

I don't use it so much to deter theft as I do to be able to file claim on any asshat that damages the front/sides of the car and for proof of fault in an accident. Luckily I haven't needed to use it for this yet. Obviously, a 360º setup would be much better in this regard. I do like being able to record all the crazy stuff that happens in front of me and watch it back later - this is Florida after all!

Happy with it for what I paid for it. There are plenty of higher end dashcams out there if you want tons of features.
This.
Old 11-25-2021, 11:53 AM   #21
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
SMFH. No you don’t and no it’s not. Stupidity gives me a headache. Life and property are two different things. You might wanna brush up on the deadly force rules of Texas. The mere act of killing someone for trespassing or stealing your car without aggravation is illegal. People always talk big about using force, but blowing someone’s head off for taking a short cut across your property or trying to steal your car is bat shit crazy.

Wrong.
I conceal carry and am well aware of the Texas laws.
You know not of which you bloviate.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 02:18 PM   #22
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Texas code:

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 04:45 PM   #23
Nate2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Thank you all for the helpful advice. Hopefully no one messes with some of these users camaros. I wouldn’t wanna be them lol
Old 11-25-2021, 06:07 PM   #24
MaroMark

Drives: 2011 camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM2SS View Post
.357 Magnum

Agree!
MaroMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 08:25 AM   #25
Ajsdaf4

Drives: Camaro 5
I can empathize with your situation. Car break-ins are a real concern, and it's important to take steps to protect your vehicle. I've been using the Mercylion A20 Dual Dash Cam for some time now, and I'm very impressed with its performance.

Last edited by Ajsdaf4; 11-21-2023 at 11:03 AM.
Ajsdaf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 01:07 PM   #26
Ernie70

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro 1LT
I am looking at the Garmens . They have good reviews , and reasonably priced.

As for concealed carry , my Glock and I are best friends , but I wouldn't draw unless I was under diress form carjacking etc. Where myself or family were in danger of our lives.
Ernie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 03:06 PM   #27
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Basic action camera has better video quality than the dachcams.
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote