Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-22-2015, 06:06 AM   #1
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
iPhone/iOS OBD Scanner/apps...recommendations?

Looking at getting one for work on my Camaro as well as my Canyon. Dont need a big handheld unit, and being able to use it from my phone would be great.

Any recommendations? I have looked into Bluedriver, but for $99...i might as well get a hand held unit.

Thoughts?
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 04:17 AM   #2
derek1387

:-/
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

Old 10-23-2015, 10:48 AM   #3
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
DashCommand is the most popular iphone app, vs Torque Pro app for Android.

Any bluetooth or wifi OBDII adapter thats compatible with iPhones should work fine for you. Just do a search on Amazon for obd2 wifi or bluetooth adapter and you will see a wide variety of adapters. Make sure you get one that specifically states its compatible with iphones.
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:18 AM   #4
derek1387

Ok-yeah, I looked at different OBD Wifi/BT readers. Just didnt know if one was better than the next. Thanks
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Old 10-23-2015, 09:00 PM   #5
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE - Arriving Soon
I like my GoPoint BT1, but it's pricey too. It interfaces great with Track Addict and is interoperable with RaceRender if you are into videos. I have used it on my 2010 SS and my 2005 Silverado 2500 with no issues.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:27 PM   #6
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Most generic ELM327 based wifi obd works with IOS apps like dashcommand, harry's lap timer, etc. I bought a $20 amazon one it's ok.

If you want bluetooth for Apple, it's going to cost you. Only GoPoint BT1(IOS) or BT1A(IOS/Android) is Apple certified and will work with IOS seemlessly. This allows a GoPro WiFi camera to be used with a BT OBD and BT GPS sensor.

Chose your poisons depending on what you want out of it. Don't expect Dashcommand to be like SCT, HPT or EFI. Just basic PID viewing, limited logging, and CEL resets. If basic stuff, can't go wrong with the cheapo $20 ELM327 wifi OBD. I used this one before upgrading to GoPoint BT OBD.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...hps_bw_g263_i1
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 04:07 AM   #7
derek1387

Thanks for the recommendations. I am not after anything like SCT, HPT, or EFI. I have someone for that :-).

Just after a OBD scanner that can give me basic info, check codes, etc.

Appreciate the info!
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio