Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-09-2009, 02:34 AM   #1
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Exclamation dealer information regarding orders coming from this friday???

hey all, got a bit of a question regarding what dealers know at this point.

my dealer was allocated 24 cars back in october, and i was #2 to order.

i emailed them last week and this is what i've gotten back from them:

"Gerry has been off a couple days and hasn't left info on that. But we were told last week the first shipment would be V6's, sorry but that's all the info GM has released to us. If other dealerships are telling anybody anything other than that I'm affraid they are blowing smoke at everyone. Thanks Dave."

and

"The guy who has the patient has filed BK thats the problem. I don't know what the web sight says but we have been told by GM that the first ones shipped will be V6's and the V8's won't be shipped until April or May."

now i'm a bit lost as we've heard that some dealers have put in orders and some got no allocations for this first round but i'd like to hear back from some reputable people (camaroscotty???, fbodfather?) as to what the situation is with the ordering.

if there's a place where they should be checking, could someone clue me in as i can pass along the information cause as many times we've seen that alot of dealers dont have a live line on the status of the camaro.

i'm just a bit worried as i need a new car in my hands at latest by may and i dont want to be getting jerked around with the dealer changing their mind on giving me my car at msrp with supplier discounting...

any and all help is appreciated.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:27 AM   #2
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
hey all, got a bit of a question regarding what dealers know at this point.

my dealer was allocated 24 cars back in october, and i was #2 to order.

i emailed them last week and this is what i've gotten back from them:

"Gerry has been off a couple days and hasn't left info on that. But we were told last week the first shipment would be V6's, sorry but that's all the info GM has released to us. If other dealerships are telling anybody anything other than that I'm affraid they are blowing smoke at everyone. Thanks Dave."

and

"The guy who has the patient has filed BK thats the problem. I don't know what the web sight says but we have been told by GM that the first ones shipped will be V6's and the V8's won't be shipped until April or May."

now i'm a bit lost as we've heard that some dealers have put in orders and some got no allocations for this first round but i'd like to hear back from some reputable people (camaroscotty???, fbodfather?) as to what the situation is with the ordering.

if there's a place where they should be checking, could someone clue me in as i can pass along the information cause as many times we've seen that alot of dealers dont have a live line on the status of the camaro.

i'm just a bit worried as i need a new car in my hands at latest by may and i dont want to be getting jerked around with the dealer changing their mind on giving me my car at msrp with supplier discounting...

any and all help is appreciated.
Here's some help. You all know what comes next..

Your dealer is an idiot.

No one knows what the V8/V6 mix will be for the number they got this past Friday. The dealers were told in an IDL that they were each getting a "freebie" V6- we all assumed it would be the first thing to happen; doesn't mean it will and doesn't mean V8s won't still be rolling off the assembly line even if it does.

If you dealer is worried about a patient instead of a patent, you have really big issues... As far as anything else, I'm sorry you need the car in your hands by May (you'll probably have it) but if you didn't make alternate plans in the event something was delayed in a brand new vehicle release, that isn't GM's fault. As long as you have your pricing in writing from your dealer I wouldn't be too concerned about that issue...
Old 02-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z

His dealer is also a doctor? Maybe what he bought was "care" and not a car!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
dreamcamaro09

Drives: 2009 Challenger R/T
My dealer told me something similar. I have two orders at two different dealerships. At one they told me that on friday they found out how many they would get in the first allocation and one said they would get 1 dealer v6 that they wont sell for a while and then 1 more to fill an order. the other said he would get the 1 dealer car and 2 to fill an order. One of the dealers also told me that there would be constraints for the first allotment. the other dealer told me that there wouldnt be any constraints. both are going to call me if there turns out to be constraints, so that if i want to change my order to fit them i could still get my car right away.
dreamcamaro09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #5
bolteon593

many thanks guys....

this thread clears it up for me, i know what i need to be gunning after now.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13156)
Old 02-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
LOL @ the
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
"peace smiley had to go"

Sorry O/T but just had to mention.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #7
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
What was that whole BK thing about and what does it have to do with a Camaro order???
Old 02-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #8
bolteon593

i'm guessing he meant to say bancruptcy?

sounds like a lot of gibberish, hopefully i can get some decent answers from them now that allocation proof is being posted by dealers.

at least i've got my order verified to be in the system still.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #9
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
What was that whole BK thing about and what does it have to do with a Camaro order???
There is bad (I hope) info out there regarding Cadence's bankruptcy and its affect on ABL.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #10
bolteon593

that's what i figure too...

just had a call with the dealership, seems honest in what they're regional rep is telling them; just sounds like miscommunication (admited to having their own customers know more then they do unfortunetly).

but i do have confirmation from them that the first 5 orders are tagged and ready to rock and roll (including my number 2 spot)!

assuming the cadence issue is a non issue i guess i should be getting a call for pull of production soon enough. they're also trying to get a hold of their allocation confimation page so we all know where were at...

added myself the cai, headers, cat back, and hurst shifter cause the guys are giving me msrp with gm supplier; so it's only fair to give back.

*little dance*