Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-27-2018, 05:15 PM   #71
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
I'm not simply referring to the header panel, but to the multiple issues I've had with the top.
What other issues have you had with the top? I also have a 2015 and have had zero issues except for the above mentioned header panel.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:58 PM   #72
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragtopguy View Post
What other issues have you had with the top? I also have a 2015 and have had zero issues except for the above mentioned header panel.
The top would pop out of the moldings at the quarter windows each time it was lowered/raised, a drain line would slip out of the slots, causing water to enter the rear floor & an arm wouldn't lower flush when the top was down. It costs $250 for a shop experienced with these tops to correct GM's engineering flaws. My vehicle is under warranty but it was time for a final *knocks on wood* solution.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:25 PM   #73
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
The top would pop out of the moldings at the quarter windows each time it was lowered/raised, a drain line would slip out of the slots, causing water to enter the rear floor & an arm wouldn't lower flush when the top was down. It costs $250 for a shop experienced with these tops to correct GM's engineering flaws. My vehicle is under warranty but it was time for a final *knocks on wood* solution.
Did you have the dealer do it under warranty? That's what I would have done. My dealer has been extremely cooperative with me. I have had to have a couple of my chrome wheels replaced due to de-lamination of the chrome layer and had a couple of tires replaced under my tire insurance coverage due to our wonderful roads here in Pennsylvania.

I guess it depends on who your dealer is. Hope your issues are over with.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:55 PM   #74
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragtopguy View Post
Did you have the dealer do it under warranty? That's what I would have done. My dealer has been extremely cooperative with me. I have had to have a couple of my chrome wheels replaced due to de-lamination of the chrome layer and had a couple of tires replaced under my tire insurance coverage due to our wonderful roads here in Pennsylvania.

I guess it depends on who your dealer is. Hope your issues are over with.
The dealership is great but it was worth taking the car directly to the upholstery shop to resolve it once & for all. They inserted clips between the top & molding at the quarter windows & used some sort of adhesive around the drain lines where they sit in place. The improvements add security to the factory installation, which the warranty wouldn't have covered.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #75
ucspider

Drives: Camaro 2015 convertible
How do you remove this top plastic? Do you have pictures?
ucspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:17 PM   #76
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucspider View Post
How do you remove this top plastic? Do you have pictures?
Sorry, what top plastic?
Old 06-20-2021, 05:48 AM   #77
Wink53

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS Convertible
Replaced my header panel yesterday on my 15. I had two bosses that were broken off and rattling. Thank you to all that posted advice, how-to’s and pictures. I felt a little intimidated loosening the front of the soft top but it was much easier than it looked. If this happens again, I will reinforce the area around the bosses with a build up of J B Weld.
Taking it to St. Ignace Michigan in the UP next weekend for a car show. Not showing, just going to cruise and enjoy the beautiful area. We’ve had this car for a year now and just enjoy the heck out of it.
Wink53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 03:08 PM   #78
Mike J

Drives: 2015 Topless Btch RS
Header panel replacement

Having mine replaced at the stealership, what do you think the time would be to change it. Took it in because the top not secure kept coming on, checked driver side hook switch, it is defective and not a adjustment rod issue. Thanks

Mike
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote