Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:03 PM   #99
Pct1theory

Drives: '15 2LT RS - Bee Colors
Quote:
Originally Posted by avt12882 View Post
find a rich divoriced older woman looking for a young man to keep her company once in a while and let her pay for it!
Old 10-04-2009, 09:34 PM   #100
drtwo

Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
Got to side with the "wiser" ones. That car that will eat up your entire income will lose half of it's novelty next year and yet you will still be paying on it for years to come, soaked in debt. Don't do it...

To Batman...
Old 10-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #101
MyNewSolstice

Drives: 06 Solstice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
1. I am an honors student in college and I have all college paid for
SWEET Congrats on that!

Quote:
2. I have a job at a restaurant that makes me about $700 a month

Help me!!!
Well you end with an epic fail! 700 a month?!?! till that is weekly you probably don't need a camaro!
Old 10-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #102
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Listen to your mom.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:28 PM   #103
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
hahaha i inherit a fortune and have 3 cars. a 44,000$ camaro, a $95,000 mercedes and a 40,000$ acura and I have a house in 3 different countries and you say I need an advisor. Just cuz im young and rich means nothing. Get a life and stop telling young people they are irresponsible b/c they havent had as many jobs as you.
lol troll.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:09 AM   #104
LiveGr8

Drives: Victory Red LS NNCTGM.
Do you plan to live at home for the life of your loan 4-6 years?

Or will you plan to change your living situation before you are 25 years old?

Household expenses are something to consider if you plan on leaving the nest. That being said, you have good taste in cars.
3000, Accepted by production control, 9/11/09 (TPW 10/5/09)
3300, Scheduled for production 9/23/09
3400, Broadcast For Production, Being Built 10/2/2009
3800, Produced has VIN 10-17-09
4200, Shipped and off the train on 10-21-09
5000, Delivered to the dealer 10-26-09
Finally home 11-3-09
Old 10-05-2009, 12:11 AM   #105
Art Witwicky

Drives: An Autobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post
ok wait so you just got the new 370z right? and you are now asking for the 2010 camaro ss, well if that is the case then you don't need it, but if the z is your moms or you plan on trading in the z for the ss then go for it. and yeah sorry 700 a month really is not alot and you need to learn to budget.

reason i say that i make about 1grand a month and i pay on two credit cards, a gas card, cell phone bill, car note, and insurance for two cars. also i do not do anything on the side for fun cause i am broke. i got the camaro as a gift from my girlfriend but i made a deal that she pays the note till the scion is payed off which is next year and i will help her.

ok enough of me but yeah think about it also try saving some money for those rainy days.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:23 AM   #106
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Well bud in all honesty your job is not a solid carrier. Even with a carrier nothing is promised these days. Companies downsize or even go under and there goes your sh*t down the hole. Catch my drift. I am NOT one of the dbags saying 'if you don't pay cash, don't buy it'! But, if you don't have the cash whether you pay cash or not than don't buy it. 5K, I didn't put anything more than 1k down to order it and the rest was financed. But, that does not mean I do not have the cash in my pocket, I am a wise business man and for the 33k it cost me I could put that money into my business as a solid investment to increase buying power causing me to get merchandise for a better price, sell it at a better price, and still make more money! Catch my drift?!?! It isn't wise to buy it unless you are 110% sure and secure enough to cover those payments and not miss. I hope you get your car, sometimes though you got to keep your eye on the ball and think about it this way: If you create a solid(study hard) future and do not worry about these material things(a Camaro) that society may lead us into thinking we 'need'. You may just one day be able to own a collection of these things and not just one with the success you will become.

p.s. I can honestly tell you from the moment I ordered this car, I drifted from my friends, family, girlfriend, and my business even suffered! I am only 22 years old and even I fall into temptation and want to shine like the stars in the sky. But being in the diamond business for the 1 or 2 hours a day I was spending thinking about the Camaro/browsing Camaro5 I could have been trying to sell 1k diamond ring a day!!! But, after I got the car 5 months later all is well and I am the happiest person in the world, I am back on track.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:28 AM   #107
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
hahaha i inherit a fortune and have 3 cars. a 44,000$ camaro, a $95,000 mercedes and a 40,000$ acura and I have a house in 3 different countries and you say I need an advisor. Just cuz im young and rich means nothing. Get a life and stop telling young people they are irresponsible b/c they havent had as many jobs as you.
Hello Batman...you missed the point...but I'll make it for you again.

ANYONE recommending that someone spend > 75% of their net income on a luxury item is not very savvy. In this case...you were suggesting close to 100% of his income.

If you were "rich"...you would have an adviser...unless your not very bright.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
Old 10-05-2009, 12:34 AM   #108
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post
Insurance is going to be really really expensive for you. On top of that, monthly payment is going to be roughly $500? (I'm assuming you are getting an SS and will have a trade in). Do you really want to spend most of your monthly income on a car that you won't even be driving too much?

Don't let your emotions lead you to making a dumb decision.
That's what I was thinking!! At least his camaro will be low miles because he's not going to have any money for gas! Also I assume your living at home and apparently plan on living at home for a while at least till you graduate. So your an honor student? What's your major? Please don't tell me in finance. Just kidding. But personally I think instead of buying new camaro if your trying to really help your mom out why don't you just start paying the note and insurance on your new Z you have. If you already tired of a new Z and ready to get something new maybe you should think of leasing instead of buying. Just don't see you getting good deal out of Z on trade in unless you paid it almost off? I would stick with the Z until you graduate and can afford the Camaro without having to use your whole monthly income to pay payments plus insurance.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:35 AM   #109
Croatcamaro2010

Drives: '10 Camaro RS 1LT
as much as i love this car, and i would say go for it, youve got too much on your hands right now, the model wont change for atleast another year, get your school in check, get your bills in check, 700 aint gonna cut it

http://www.active.com/donate/napa12midastl/stlNBrekal
Old 10-05-2009, 12:43 AM   #110
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post
lol troll.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:25 AM   #111
Art Witwicky

Drives: An Autobot
Quote:
Ok I need some major help convincing the parents why that getting this car is not going to impact my future in a negative way. Let me go down the list here. I will name their reasons and my reasons

First off parents concerns:

1. Thinks the car will be stolen (01' SS was stolen twice)
2. Thinks that my job as a server at a restaurant is uncertain of future. (me quitting)
3. Thinks that I will go in debt
4. Just got an 07' 350Z in December

Ok now my side of the story...

1. I am an honors student in college and I have all college paid for
2. I have a job at a restaurant that makes me about $700 a month
3. The camaro will have onstar so theft is not an issue
4. I love the car to death and have wanted it since 2006
5. It would help my mother out right now because she pays note and insurance on the Z right now, and me paying the note would free up some of her money...

Her concern is with my financial future and trying to make me build credit and she thinks something will happen to where I cant make a note or something...

What am I suppose to do, not to sounds conceited or spoiled but they have never really told me "no" before. I dont see what the huge deal is here so why all of a sudden are we concerned with this when I: A. can pay the note. And: B. will be helping her out free some of her money up?

Help me!!!
it's your life and you can totally do whatever you want with it but a $700.00 income and your car payment will be AT LEAST $400 a month? not to mention insurance, gas, etc... Do you not care about having a social life??? Where will you be taking girls on dates? to the dollar movies? You're gonna have a badass car but asking mommy for gas $$?
Old 10-05-2009, 01:49 AM   #112
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Witwicky View Post
it's your life and you can totally do whatever you want with it but a $700.00 income and your car payment will be AT LEAST $400 a month? not to mention insurance, gas, etc... Do you not care about having a social life??? Where will you be taking girls on dates? to the dollar movies? You're gonna have a badass car but asking mommy for gas $$?
You missed the posts where I said that I have everything else covered by parents and only the note would be my responsibility...

And to clarify other things as well..

ALL I would be paying is the car note.

My major is sports studies/sports management to become a sports agent for the NFL. I am graduating this year but have 4 more years for my masters and law school.

THEREFORE, leaving me still dependent on my parents until I get out of school for the expenditures. Mother is a CEO of a credit union and my father is an FBI intel analyst.

So to those that are misinterpreting me as "not be thankful" of the Z you are wrong. I love my parents and EVERYTHING they have ever done for me. ALSO, I was in love with my 01' SS that was wrongfully stolen from me, stripped and burned from recognition. I dont just jump from car to car on a moments notice. I had a camaro ordered on oct 16th as im sure much of you did but I had to cancel that to bump up my plans as I needed a way of transportation.

Now, I was told that I was NOT ALLOWED to wait for the camaro so they told me to pick a car that I wanted. I picked the 350Z that I have today. Now you ask me if I love this car, yes I do, BUT is it what I wanted 100%, no. And no that is not a spoiled thing to say. As I have said, I have worked hard to have the thousands of dollars for school paid for me through scholarships.

So to end this speculation again...for the next 4 years I WILL NOT have to pay for expenses...After I get my masters and my law degree I will have a job in the career field that I want.

Hope this clears things up for everyone. And again, thank you for the replys everyone.

Joey

Ordered 9/26...TPW is 10/26/09!!!!

1100 - Preliminary order accepted
2000, Order accepted by GM
2030, Order re-edited (if necessary)
2051, Order changed thru Web
2500, Order preferenced 9/30
3000, Order accepted by production control

ALL THIS PROGRESS AFTER 6 DAYS!!!

Closed Thread