Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-22-2014, 04:52 AM   #15
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I just came from a car show 1/2 hr from home.....I passed a police suv ...he pulled in right behind me and followed for for a mile or 2. He was doing what I hear on my police scanner as a Rolling Marker. They will stay behind you as they call in your plate number. If everything checks out ..they will then turn off .Its amazes me how often I hear on my scanner that the plates don't match the car..or the registered owner has a suspended license. Either way they will stay behind you till they hear if you check out.
Sorry, off-topic question. Is it legal to carry a police scanner in your car in Ontario? It is illegal in some U.S. states. In Indiana you can only have a police scanner in your car if you have a valid HAM radio operators license.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:28 AM   #16
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Sorry, off-topic question. Is it legal to carry a police scanner in your car in Ontario? It is illegal in some U.S. states. In Indiana you can only have a police scanner in your car if you have a valid HAM radio operators license.
I'm not sure...it's auctually at home.....I downloaded an app from a local news website that let's me listen to the police fire and ambulance. I tune in a couple times a week to listen. But if it's something serious they will get their dispatch to call them....so it's not an auctually scanner from the store....I wouldnt pay any money to listen. I'm not that nosey ...
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:37 AM   #17
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I roll my tinted windows down (even if it's night time) and drive slowly.....

Once they are out of ear shot I continue my Camaro driving ways.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:54 AM   #18
Witwicky
I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE

Drives: 2010 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I'm not sure...it's auctually at home.....I downloaded an app from a local news website that let's me listen to the police fire and ambulance. I tune in a couple times a week to listen. But if it's something serious they will get their dispatch to call them....so it's not an auctually scanner from the store....I wouldnt pay any money to listen. I'm not that nosey ...
I thought you might be battling crime at first and your camaro is your version of the batmobile
Old 05-22-2014, 10:27 AM   #19
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
I have had 3 honerable police men follow, roll back and get behind,... or just simply stare,...

The Camaro's draw eyebrows and (eye)balls. If you play the game and drive normal,.. they just look and drool.

If you are dumb just expect a ticket.

But more likely than not,... they are envious. They drive dodges,...lol. (feel bad for them)
Old 05-22-2014, 10:37 AM   #20
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
I thought you might be battling crime at first and your camaro is your version of the batmobile
hmmmm....not a bad idea...im just not sure how those black tights would fit...
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:39 PM   #21
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I hate the people that drive crown vics and they aren't even cops.. sometimes I think I'm being followed by a cop and it ends up being just another guy lol..

But yes I do have cops run my plates and move on, happens often.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #22
swiftdog01

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS
You should get used to getting the stink eye while driving this car. Especially when in the suburbs.

If the local PD are bored, your car has an out of state plate or you are traveling on a road where people typically speed they will sometimes pull in behind you and run your plate. As long as your plates come back clean and you behave yourself while they are behind you they will either pass you by or turn off.

I'm not bashing the cops. My Dad was a cop for 40 years. I have nothing but respect. Don't take the attention personally. They are just doing their job.

I've had this happen to me a couple times in the two years since I got my Camaro. Had it happen in my '04 GTO as well. I don't sweat it.

The one time I actually got pulled over in the Camaro I deserved it. I blew past a speed trap doing 50 in a 35 I lucked out though. Just got a warning. The cop liked my car

It's rare you'll get pulled over for no reason at all. If you do get popped, just be polite to the cop. Nothing will get you a ticket faster than mouthing off. Valuable lesson my Dad taught me early on!
swiftdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:27 AM   #23
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
I've been profiled before. Was pulled over by a DOT and he went on to ask if I had weapons or any drugs on me.... ended up writing me a warning for a cover over my license plate, some BS just to make up for pulling me over.........

I'd get a cam if I had the resources and money. Be very polite and if they get nasty, inform them that you have a camera in your vehicle to prove your innocence, again in the most polite way possible. Camera's are NOT illegal in public.

Camera Camaro, I've been struggling writing this post hahahah

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:48 AM   #24
Brilac

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS GFX Red Jewel Tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluBlud View Post
... what should I do if I had proof I wasn't doing anything wrong? I've been meaning to get a dash cam and would have proof if I had one.

Would I be better off keeping my mouth shut, taking the ticket and my video to fight it in court or tell them I had proof I wasn't speeding and try to avoid the hassle? I think I'd be risking accusations of being a smartass and them trying to find some other reason to ticket me if I did the latter.
The cop just ran your plates to check you, found nothing and moved on. No harm no foul. However in answer to the question of keeping your mouth shut...
Yes , you would be better to keep your mouth shut , take the ticket and argue it in court. The side of the road is no place to play lawyer.