Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #15
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
sounds awesome! good job
Old 07-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #16
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by baup5f View Post
sounds good sixjak, if you're ever in the columbia area give me a shoot. i would love to see your car. me, you, and kmp could go tear up the streets lol
Hell yes lol. Cept you two manual guys would probably run away from me :(. lol
Old 07-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #17
baup5f

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Hell yes lol. Cept you two manual guys would probably run away from me :(. lol
I wouldn't, I'm still terrible at launching. . .
Heck, I even have a home depot about a half mile away from my house lol
Old 07-21-2011, 12:31 AM   #18
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esperman View Post
sounds good. Love SOLO.
but you really need a better location for these runs...
I know....welcome to Branson. Hills everywhere. Not a straight road anywhere....well there are a few.......got a few places in mind. It's all about timing with those locations....I know I can do better clips.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:33 AM   #19
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
sounds awesome! good job
That's hi praise bro. Your set up rocks. One of the best sounding on the forum IMVHO.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:04 AM   #20
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by baup5f View Post
sounds good sixjak, if you're ever in the columbia area give me a shoot. i would love to see your car. me, you, and kmp could go tear up the streets lol
Ok next time I'm up. With my Camaro that is. Gentlemen the midnight cruise is coming up in August here in Branson (11,12,13). Tons of hot rides descend on BTown and it's good times. Too bad Gretchen is back east. We should organize a meet or something. There's a guy here with a Synergy SS with a painted body kit that looks pretty sweet.

Oh and I guess my thread still is here. SS guys always know everything....Ha ha.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #21
KMPrenger

Thought this might be an appropriate place to post this...

So yesterday member baupf5 met up with me at my place, and after waiting out a rough storm we headed out down to Osage Beach where we met up with SIXJAK. Considering there are almost zero Camaro5 members around my area this was the first time I had met any of them and I have to say I had a great time. These are some good guys!

It was awsome comparing each others mods, and getting to hear SIXJAK's LTs + SOLO was sweet! We even had groups of people and a 02 or 03 Mustang GT owner come up and greet us. We also did some cruising around which was good fun.

I'm going to attempt to attach some pictures to this post and I've also linked to a video of SIXJAK's car on youtube.

Attached Images

Old 08-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #22
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Your car has an awesome sound. I've been looking at the MRT pipes, but those Solo pipes sounds amazing. I'm sure though the headers and CAI intake are helping with the sound too. I've already decided on the CAI intake so just gotta pick an exhaust. So hard to decide between the two, lol. Thanks for sharing man. And awesome story with the cop.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:35 AM   #23
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
Your car has an awesome sound. I've been looking at the MRT pipes, but those Solo pipes sounds amazing. I'm sure though the headers and CAI intake are helping with the sound too. I've already decided on the CAI intake so just gotta pick an exhaust. So hard to decide between the two, lol. Thanks for sharing man. And awesome story with the cop.
CaD

Sneaking some time in while on vacation. After the rain cleared up the sun came out and the lake became perfect. Had a blast today out on the lake.

Camaro5 members KMPrenger and Baupf5 are great ppl and I had a great time hanging. Lgndryhr thank you for the knd words. SOLO's with LT's are loud. (It set off an Escalade's alarm system which was parked next me in the hotel parking lot this morning. Upon start up, the Escalade went into a warning mode of intermittent chirps and beeps. After my Camaro's warmup mode ended I gave the gas a quick stab and the Escalade's alarm system went nuts. My 13 year old son, wife and I all had a nice laugh as we drove away. It became a "morning of mayhem".)

It was great to hear KM's set up. I have not heard any other aftermarket exhaust set ups until last night. It has a very nice tone. The one thing you will not get a great sense of on all the different exhaust vid clips is how loud they are. I mean, I guess you can kind of tell but not really well. If you like the volume of the stock system and are just looking to change the tone to a deeper more agressive sound then a setup similar to KM's is a great way to go. I really like the Magnaflows. KM claims a bit of a drone but I didn't really hear one while cruising with him. I guess we did not get into the driving conditions to expose it according to KM so I'll have to take his word for it. His set up IMO is very livable. His 1LT RS 6AT felt strong and the Vararam along his custom exhaust conspire to make the car very rewarding to drive in terms of sound and throttle resonse. VR ain't no joke friends.

KM takes exceptional car of his ride. Any of you out there want a nice ride? Wait for this guy to sell his Camaro (when and if he ever decides to sell it) it's very well cared for. His car was the oldest by a decent spave of time and it looks amazing. The heritage grill looks fantastic and his subtle silver accents look very cool along with the polished RS wheels.

Baupf5's black on black debadged (at the moment) 2011 2LT RS is very cool in an understated way. The wonderful new car smell is very much still part of the experience. Baup's in the process of blacking out his bowties and RS badges. He painted them himself and had them with him as he's getting ready to install them. Let me say his work and attention to detail is exceptional. All of this offsets the polished RS rims very nicely. Suspension wise both cars are stock and ride very nice. Mine has been lowered with Eibach lowering springs. I kinda miss that smooth ride. Both have the Vararams installed. Baupf5 has not done an exhaust yet and his 6MT feels very lively and you can certainly hear the intake. It sounds great and I think the black bowties and RS badges with their excellent execution are going to turn out awesome. (Definitely paint the bowties black in ur center caps. They pop right out and should be very easy to work with, Baup)

Our little impromptu mini car show in the Osage Beach Walmart parking lot was fun. As KM said, lots of thumbs up from passers by and the kid with the 02 GT was cool and seemed very impressed with the V6 Camaros. Again very cool guys and how cool that the Camaro is what brought us all together.

Thanks again guys it was fun. My shoulda coulda woulda is we should have backed all the cars into a semi circle and recorded that to give ppl a better idea of two different aftermarket set ups vs. stock. I think that would have given a decent context of the difference between stock vs. a custom cat back set up with x-pipe vs. LT's/HFC's/x-pipe with strait pipes and resonators after that. And all from the same mic. Oh well I was probably gone from my vacation for about as long as I could be. LOL
Old 08-09-2011, 09:55 AM   #24
KMPrenger

Appreciate the kind words Jak...you are a class act! I told Jak up front "well your car is gonig to be the attention getter of the bunch!" and I was right lol. Everyone was flocking to see his car...and then they'd go look at mine and Brett's...and then back to his before leaving lol.

I may have overstated myself a bit when I said my car has drone...it certainly does but only in those rare times. In daily driving it basically has none. I've only every noticed it on longer trips (like this weekend) when the exhaust is good and hot and when the engine is lugging up a slight incline. At those times it can actually get to the point of annoying to me, but really other than that there is no drone. (Sorry, I had to clear that up a bit lol). I was suprised by how livable the SOLO + LT setup is in Jak's car...it sounds fantastic in cabin and really has almost zero drone except at that certain RPM level, but even at that point it isn't bad. You can hear the great growl inside, but the noise is on the outside as it should be. The VR intake can really wake up an exhaust...even stock as Brett proved that to us both.

Your right...we had a missed opportunity there. In fact one of the reasons I brought the camera was so I could record our exhausts together lol...I guess it slipped my mind and I only ended up recording Jaks'. Oh wells...I've used the same camera to record my other videos, so that can still be used a bit as a reference I guess!

Hopefully we can have another get together one of these days!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:05 AM   #25
baup5f

Thanks KMP and SIXJAK. Now my two cents from the night...

Both of these guys are awesome and have awesome cars. Keith has spent a lot of time perfecting his mods and they all look good. His exhaust has a very nice low rumble during cold start. I'm going to steal a few ideas off of his to help spice mine up a bit. Going to paint the wheel center cap bowties as SIXJAK mentioned, and also looking to get a silver trunk "blackout" stripe to go along with my black badges. I love the aqua blue metallic and would have got it in a heartbeat if they still offered it when I got mine. He keeps it in pristine condition and still looks brand new.

SIXJAK is a super nice guy. He took me for a ride in his car and I couldn't stop smiling from the sound of his exhaust. Probably a tad too loud for my taste and for driving everyday, but it is a badass sounding car and I would ride with him again any day.

I wish there were more members on here around the mid-mo, cause going down to the lake to look at just these two cars was a blast, couldn't image five or six or even like ten. KMP and I are only about 30 minutes away, so I'm sure we'll be meeting up again soon. If you ever get a chance to meet one of these two members, you won't be disappointed.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:10 AM   #26
SIXJAK

Thanks Baupf5. Ok, see, hear I was thinking my exhaust has quieted down since I installed it lol. So it is loud. My tool friend from AZ was out last week and told me my car was quiet compared to his 69 Chevelle 396 SS. I knew he was full of crap. She barks pretty loudly but shuts up pretty well when I want her too. I'm glad it made you smile. I have a permagrin from it. My wife actually digs it which is funny because she sooooooo thinks I'm retarded sometimes with my "car stuff". You should have heard her before I came over. "you don't even know these guys what if they jump you?" Lol. Her and my friend were giving me crap about meeting two strange men I met over the Internet. Ha ha. He drives this beast. he now wants to make it sound more like my Camaro. I told him I thot that would be a mistake and to just buy a Ferrari instead. He can certainly afford it.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #27
KMPrenger

Hell...I invited Brett down to my house to avoid the crazy storm and that was the first time I've ever met him and he pulled right inside my garage lol. Thats probably crazy but when I saw that sweet black Camaro come pulling in I wasn't thinking about that lol.

SIXJAK...your car is loud...but not always loud. I agree with you when you say it "shuts up" when you want it too. Your bud has a sweet car!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:48 AM   #28
baup5f

Ya man, my girlfriend always kind of rolls her eyes when I buy a new toy for my car lol. She's like, you spend more time with that car than with me... But afterwards she usually compliments it.

Definitively raised some eyebrows from my roommates and gf when I said I'm going to the lake to meet up with some fellows V6ers. They were just like, you don't even know these people? Nope, met them on the Camaro forum and they have sweet rides, going down to check them out...

Yup, never had even met KMP and he called me up and said there is a storm coming, come over to my house and park in my garage while we wait it out. Awesome super nice guy.

SIXJAK, you said those wheel centers just pop out. Just looked at them for a second last night, but do you actually need to take the wheel off first, and then pop them out from the back? Or can you get like a little eyeglass screwdriver wedged in the front to get them popped out?