Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #43
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCesler View Post
RadZ,

Scott Parker is still the editor, I work with him on the magazine. Really glad you enjoy the mag - and trenchdog, thanks so much for subscribing! - we try our best to get some good edit out the door each month.

We have a couple more stories coming up, including some bolt-ons to a 6-speed 2010, a converter/tire story with an auto and a supercharger install with a different 6-speed. We are also going to be doing some top speed runs in October along with track testing in September.

I'm not sure my post came across like I meant it. I didn't mean to sound like I was unhappy with Parker - if I did, my bad, and sorry. Shoot, didn't he have a '97 TA that he did some bolt-ons and a stall to? Maybe that was someone else... Anyways, I liked Blue Thunder though

Those are stories that I think many are going to be looking forward to. I noticed Automobile Magazine mentioned one of their guys getting an SS up to 162 - I'm not sure how that happened with a speed-limiter I thought was set lower, but I digress. All I know is those look great and the more the merrier!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #44
JustinCesler

Drives: Trans Am
Oh no, I didn't take it that way at all!

He still has that car, it is almost ready for some new goodies, as soon as he gets it down from NJ.

I think we can beat AM - but we will have to wait and see!
JustinCesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #45
radz28
Petro-sexual

OK - whew.

Will the new goodies be in the magazine? I think I remember the last I saw it, it had some intake stuff, a Vig' 2800, 3.42s? (he swtiched from the 3.73s, didn't he), and the Borla. WOW. He's been there a while.

I think you guys can't beat them, along with those other wine-and-cheese rags', on just about anything. It's not like they even try to run these cars to their fullest - no powershifting, no prep'd surfaces, etc. BOO!!! Beat 'em like they owe you money

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 09-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #46
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Does the article explain exactly what and how they tuned? I live in Denver and have a shop here that has done great tunes on the G8 but havent touched an L99 yet. I would love to be able to give them exactly what you guys did to get those results.

GREAT JOB !
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #47
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I love the mag too but my god I have the hardest time trying to renew. They always lose the first check I send with my renewal form (third time in a row), I gave up this summer trying so I had to buy this one off the stands.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #48
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I love the mag too but my god I have the hardest time trying to renew. They always lose the first check I send with my renewal form (third time in a row), I gave up this summer trying so I had to buy this one off the stands.
"Keep the Faith", LOL

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 09-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #49
CFPC_2010
VIN #3026 IOM/IO

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCesler View Post
Great to see this on the front page - Thanks Camaro5!

Thanks Terry for letting us tune Helen's 2010 - Thanks Jeremy for putting a killer tune in the car!

We have TONS more coverage coming in the next couple of months, so please, stay tuned and keep reading!!!
Thank you Justin for giving Helen and I the opportunity to work with GMHTP, the coverage in the magazine has been awesome. Also the opportunity to work with Jeremy on the tune was great - it definitely transformed the car.

Terry
Old 09-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #50
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt TuneTime View Post
That was our tune And Yes I'd bet you could get a L99 with extended shift point's and keep from making the 3-4 shift to run 12.7 all stock .

Thanks for the review ...
Not sure about skipping the 3-4 shift
I had my L99 at the track last night to test my new SLP Long tube system (w/ powerflow x pipe, and powerflow axle back). Car is definitely quicker, but now I have a problem with hitting the rev limiter in second and once in third, it did this in both D and S (sport mode, not manual). Traction control off, and once with competition mode).
My tuner also has HP tuners beta, but we have not worked on the car yet as I’m hoping to buy the consumer version when it goes into production so I can log some stuff, and set back to stock before trips to the dealer.
Anyway, to skip the 3-4 shift, I think it’s going to be going over 6400 rpms to get that kind of time. With the cutouts going down the track, I was still doing 13.5s and into 4th for a couple seconds.
The motor does not seem to pull very hard north of 5500 (maybe I’m wrong). To me not worth putting the AFM lifters through that stress and not much pull up that high with the stock cam. Thoughts?

Question on the tune, can you have different shifting profiles for D and Sport modes? Can the Engine tunes also be different depending if its in D or Sport

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #51
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
Not sure about skipping the 3-4 shift
I had my L99 at the track last night to test my new SLP Long tube system (w/ powerflow x pipe, and powerflow axle back). Car is definitely quicker, but now I have a problem with hitting the rev limiter in second and once in third, it did this in both D and S (sport mode, not manual). Traction control off, and once with competition mode).
My tuner also has HP tuners beta, but we have not worked on the car yet as I’m hoping to buy the consumer version when it goes into production so I can log some stuff, and set back to stock before trips to the dealer.
Anyway, to skip the 3-4 shift, I think it’s going to be going over 6400 rpms to get that kind of time. With the cutouts going down the track, I was still doing 13.5s and into 4th for a couple seconds.
The motor does not seem to pull very hard north of 5500 (maybe I’m wrong). To me not worth putting the AFM lifters through that stress and not much pull up that high with the stock cam. Thoughts?

Question on the tune, can you have different shifting profiles for D and Sport modes? Can the Engine tunes also be different depending if its in D or Sport

Your car should pull hard all the way to at least 6000 rpms.

But I don't think a full 1/4 mile can really be achieved in 3rd gear. At 100mph you'll be topping 6000 rpms. And with mods, we would be looking at
110+ mph in a 1/4 mile. That would be too much for 3rd gear.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #52
Wacker
INTHECLOUDS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Your car should pull hard all the way to at least 6000 rpms.

But I don't think a full 1/4 mile can really be achieved in 3rd gear. At 100mph you'll be topping 6000 rpms. And with mods, we would be looking at
110+ mph in a 1/4 mile. That would be too much for 3rd gear.
Agreed...There is now way this car will see the 1/4 in third gear without some serious mods. I run three different tunes with the rev set to 6600 and out of the three the car is faster shifting at 5900-6000.

11.39 @ 118 510 DA

www.6l80tuning.com www.6l90tuning.com
Wacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:31 PM   #53
2Tightwads
Banned

Drives: 2002 LS1 swapped into a 1994 Z
I think we were all very excited about the final figures but the truth is...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ight=high+tech
2Tightwads is offline   Reply With Quote