Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Car was Egged

Well the one time we leave the car home while we went to Baton Rouge to visit her family someone egged the car. We left on Friday night and got home Monday night around 9:30 so there is no telling when it happened. We filed a police report because I had a bad feeling it messed the paint up and I was right. The clear coat on the trunk where the egg was is destroyed. Fortunately it was on the trunk only so I'm hoping we can just get the entire trunk lid repainted.
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
jimmyD

Drives: torrent
That sucks, how was the Red Stick BTW?
jimmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldgoal00 View Post
Well the one time we leave the car home while we went to Baton Rouge to visit her family someone egged the car. We left on Friday night and got home Monday night around 9:30 so there is no telling when it happened. We filed a police report because I had a bad feeling it messed the paint up and I was right. The clear coat on the trunk where the egg was is destroyed. Fortunately it was on the trunk only so I'm hoping we can just get the entire trunk lid repainted.
That is the reason I am afraid to leave mine at home. I hate that happened, and cannot understand why people (OK, kids probably) feel the need to damage this car. My only issue is coming home late. I was followed the other night with one car in front and one on each side. Luckily a police car came up behind me and they drove off. But I know it will happen again.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunCamaroChic View Post
That is the reason I am afraid to leave mine at home. I hate that happened, and cannot understand why people (OK, kids probably) feel the need to damage this car. My only issue is coming home late. I was followed the other night with one car in front and one on each side. Luckily a police car came up behind me and they drove off. But I know it will happen again.
you better wtch that kinda thing thats when they bump you and you pull over and they rob you or worse your lucky for that cop showing up
Old 09-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Quote:
Originally Posted by glambert1 View Post
you better wtch that kinda thing thats when they bump you and you pull over and they rob you or worse your lucky for that cop showing up
Yes, I try to stay out of that situation, but it happens so fast.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Hit the pedal and go. exit stage left.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:
God I hate people some times. Be careful out there, don't be afraid to get that On-Star panic button. You would be amazed on how fast the cops will get to you.

Also sounds like there will be no other option than to repaint your hood. Do not let them lightly scuff it and then re-clear. Nothing but problems. Good luck
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #8
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
Holy sh#^

Quote:
Yes, I try to stay out of that situation, but it happens so fast.
Cajun, hit that red button next to the ONstar button. Get the cops there STAT. I can't believe what people do. It makes me see red when someone, anyone, is endangered like that. Get a full size blow up doll to put in the passenger seat too. Maybe they won't mess with you if they think there are two of you in the car.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #9
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
so sorry..hope it gets fixed good as new
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #10
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
Quote:
Damn, (pardon my language) that pisses me off. I leave mine out in the daytime sometimes (in my driveway), but never overnight. Some people just have no respect for property or anything else. And I definately won't leave it in a parking lot for more than one second. If people can't think of anything else to do, they'll key it. I've saved my whole life for this car. GM finally got around to making it. It would kill me to have some fool mess it up. I don't even want to have to go to the trouble of having it re-painted. I feel for you even tho it's only the trunk lid. I'll say it again. Man, this kind of thing pisses me off.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #11
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Wow that is just terrible. It's hard to believe what some people will do and call "fun." Cajun, you are so lucky that police officer showed up. Great tip on the blow up doll. Do they really make those in male models? I've only ever heard of female blow up dolls....LOL.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #12
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
So sorry this happened. We visited our parents out of town and had to leave our car outside and unattended for 2 nights.I was scared to death to come out and find that someone had vandalized it. Why? Because the attention this car got while we were there was CRAZY. People were going around the block numerous times to look at it. We were getting stopped at the gas station and the store so people could look inside. My family's friends were coming over wanting a ride. I couldn't wait to get home to lock Pumpkin safely away in her garage so I could sleep!

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:06 PM   #13
chapinville

Drives: 2SS/RS
Sorry to hear about that. Even worse that its in our area.

1100, Preliminary order accepted (3.23.09)
2000, Accepted by GM (5.21.09)
2500, Preferenced (5.26.09)
3000, Accepted by production control (5.27.09)
3100, Available to sequence (6.16.09)
3300, Scheduled for production (6.16.09)
3400, Broadcast (6.20.09)
3800, Produced (6.30.09)
4000, Available to ship (7.1.09)
4B00, Bayed (7.2.09)
4200, Shipped (7.24.09)
5000, Delivered to the dealer(8.3.09)
6000, Delivered to the customer(8.5.09)
chapinville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:49 AM   #14
Chris@glimmerglass

Drives: 2001 S10, 2002 M3
Send a message via AIM to Chris@glimmerglass
Thats a shame :( Sorry to hear. Like you said though, at least the damage was isolated to the trunk.