Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-22-2018, 07:12 AM   #15
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
Just because it's the rarest color, doesn't mean it's going to be worth the most. It's the rarest color for a reason, ie: less people want it. I'm not really sure what Chevy was thinking when they marketed the car, and only allowed it to be built in 5 colors. A Blue Ray Mettalic, Crystal Red, or Red Rock Z/28 would have been fantastic

$539xx for that car lol. It's going to sit for a while at that crazy price.
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:36 AM   #16
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
Wow!!! No A/C SIM, I never thought we would see one. If I were in a better position to make a move on that car, it would be mine.
I track wrecked Z/28s Total lost -41
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:33 AM   #17
Zslash28
Jumanji

for some reason I cannot download all the pics. I was able to get a PDF of the page, but no luck on the pics. Hopefully someone can help me out here.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:51 PM   #18
j o n

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #0058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zslash28 View Post
for some reason I cannot download all the pics. I was able to get a PDF of the page, but no luck on the pics. Hopefully someone can help me out here.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=CAM
- '15 Z/28 #0058 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
- '22 Ridgeline RTL | White | Ebony, '22 CR-V EX-L Hybrid | White | Ebony
Sold:
- '15 Z/28 #0048 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
https://www.instagram.com/__jon__athan__/
j o n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #19
Zslash28
Jumanji

Ahh, thank you!
Old 06-22-2018, 03:25 PM   #20
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
Just because it's the rarest color, doesn't mean it's going to be worth the most. It's the rarest color for a reason, ie: less people want it. I'm not really sure what Chevy was thinking when they marketed the car, and only allowed it to be built in 5 colors. A Blue Ray Mettalic, Crystal Red, or Red Rock Z/28 would have been fantastic

$539xx for that car lol. It's going to sit for a while at that crazy price.
i think what they were thinking was they would not have these sitting on lots with dry rotted tires 2 1/2 years after production. I do agree they should have offered it in more flavors, it was what it was. On the SIM.. personally it is the most striking color relative to complimenting the gen 5's lines- makes it look like it was made out of billet. On the AC deal, think we are still in the realm of it being a detractor for all but the purists( just like the GT350R base cars)and doesn't really add value at this point it time. 54k is pretty stout, if it was an original owner car with complete documentation and maybe 30 miles (as opposed to 300)then i could see someone maybe going for a spec play. Problem is it got bounced around,the selling dealer is asking top dollar and they couldn't even put the effort and throw a couple of lbs of air in the one tire to clear the code before taking a pic. Doubt seriously there is much if any original documentation left being an auction car.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:58 AM   #21
j o n

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #0058
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip4 View Post
Whoa it does exist! that one in Autotrader with 301mi is a unicorn, first 2015 Silver I have seen w/out AC.

Vin 2G1FZ1EEXF9701114
I can confirm from the pics: engine bay it is missing the AC line and also button does not have the "snow flake". Ill PM Zslash28 to update tracking.

Dealer link:
https://www.volvocarsbrentwood.com/u...aa3392b2f4.htm
for sale again...299 mi $65k
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
i think what they were thinking was they would not have these sitting on lots with dry rotted tires 2 1/2 years after production. I do agree they should have offered it in more flavors, it was what it was. On the SIM.. personally it is the most striking color relative to complimenting the gen 5's lines- makes it look like it was made out of billet. On the AC deal, think we are still in the realm of it being a detractor for all but the purists( just like the GT350R base cars)and doesn't really add value at this point it time. 54k is pretty stout, if it was an original owner car with complete documentation and maybe 30 miles (as opposed to 300)then i could see someone maybe going for a spec play. Problem is it got bounced around,the selling dealer is asking top dollar and they couldn't even put the effort and throw a couple of lbs of air in the one tire to clear the code before taking a pic. Doubt seriously there is much if any original documentation left being an auction car.
LateBrakeU2 now owns it
- '15 Z/28 #0058 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
- '22 Ridgeline RTL | White | Ebony, '22 CR-V EX-L Hybrid | White | Ebony
Sold:
- '15 Z/28 #0048 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
https://www.instagram.com/__jon__athan__/
j o n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 06:22 PM   #22
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
If you have fu** you money then purchasing a car based on color rarity is understandable but for the normal guy that wants a keeper/toy then go for the color you like. These cars aren’t gonna be worth enough to justify hunting for a stupid unicorn. I love my hot red Camaro. Black and gray were my other choices but I wanted the pop the red brought out. Value and rarity in 30 years wasn’t a concern. I love this car for what it is and it will never be a 69 Yenko and I’m very happy with that. I bought this car to have fun with it and also keep it forever. Future car values is a consideration only when selling is the main focus. My 2 cents
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:13 PM   #23
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
If you have fu** you money then purchasing a car based on color rarity is understandable but for the normal guy that wants a keeper/toy then go for the color you like. These cars aren’t gonna be worth enough to justify hunting for a stupid unicorn. I love my hot red Camaro. Black and gray were my other choices but I wanted the pop the red brought out. Value and rarity in 30 years wasn’t a concern. I love this car for what it is and it will never be a 69 Yenko and I’m very happy with that. I bought this car to have fun with it and also keep it forever. Future car values is a consideration only when selling is the main focus. My 2 cents
My car is not stupid, but it is a unicorn! Ever hear the axiom everything is for sale at the right price?. No need to sell, but if a crypto millionaire sees it as a spec play god bless capitalisim. Personally i DO think these have hit bottom, but yeah you can get em for 40k all day long, just not this one BTW I also have a Red Hot Z that i do drive and it is one of the best colors!
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote