Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #57
RedJewelrsss32

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ok, I picked the car up earlier today. The paint work was perfect. They did a really good job. Painted the whole rear deck lid. No problems there.

I just couldn't allow myself to leave without talking to the service manager.

She of course remembered me from the situation that led up to the fuse pull. I asked her why the alignment would cost so much and she said that when they saw the car was so much lower that they didn't know what to do. I dont' have time to post the entire conversation but the 'long short' of it was, and I quote from her, "These guys do tune ups, oil changes and simple service work, they don't do performance modifications. They aren't trained for that kind of thing."

So I figure she did me a favor.

When they came to her and showed her what they were dealing with she said, and I quote again, "DO NOT PUT THAT ALIGNMENT EQUIPMENT ON THOSE WHEELS". When they asked her why she said "Because I know who's car that is."

Again, they were quite embarassed after the whole fuse pull thing. The fact that I had to fix my own car while they told me time and time again that there was nothing wrong with it.

I then asked her if she knew that these wheels were FACTORY EQUIPMENT, she said yes, but she didn't feel comfortable with them working on it.

Basically the 370.00 thing was their way of telling me that they won't work on a modified car.

So there you have it. I showed the Pfadt spec sheet to a local shop and he said he'd do it for 90.00 so I will have him do it on Monday.

Bay Chevrolet won't work on a car that has been modified with aftermarket stuff.

I got no problem with that. But they should have just told me that to begin with.

(I feel that she wasn't completely honest with me on how it all went down but I do know that they just didn't want to fool with it because they had some rookie guy working on it at the time)

I'm sorry but that is BS I am a service manager at the Chevy store here in Mt and aftermarket components do not complicate the process. Sounds like they need to grow a pair and do their job. I'm thinking jacking the price up on repairs their afraid to do is going to hurt their rep. You got any other options for a Chevy store that will work with you?
Old 02-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #58
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
OK Randy, I'll do it for $350.00...

Just dirive it to FL and I'll hook you up.

I told you. Sell the mazda and I'll let you borrow my car. Till yours gets here................. err..............I mean,,,,, THERE!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewelrsss32 View Post
I'm sorry but that is BS I am a service manager at the Chevy store here in Mt and aftermarket components do not complicate the process. Sounds like they need to grow a pair and do their job. I'm thinking jacking the price up on repairs their afraid to do is going to hurt their rep. You got any other options for a Chevy store that will work with you?
She said she wouldn't let them put the alignment equipment on those wheels. Even after I reminded her that they are GM wheels. She simply said she didn't feel comfortable with it. Bay Chevrolet.

Yes, there are several other Chevy dealerships still here.

So you agree with me here? So help me God, EVERYTHING I've stated is 100% accurate. As of right now, my car is still not aligned. I may hit up UJ Chevrolet Monday. I'm getting my windows tinted just down the street.

I'd love someone to call them and ask them WTF?

I'm totaly fine with it if they would have just told me they won't do work on a modified vehicle, but why the 370.00 price tag? She said the 'service writer' charged me for full hourly price and made a mistake but SHE'S the one who said they would knock 1 hour off and make it 270.00 so I know I'm not getting the full story. The oddest part of it all is they won't work on a product that I bought from THEM. (talking about putting the equipment on the wheels) I don't know what the equipment looks like as I don't know anything about it but still, I think if I bought it from them, and they are GM parts, they should feel comfortable doing it. Am I missing something?
Old 02-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #59
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Lesson learned, just take it somewhere else. Alignments are a specialty. Not every tech knows how or does alignments. They may just have no good mechanics there for something like your car. Alignments aren't a big deal. Don't be afraid to try, (dare I say), Ford or the other one.
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #60
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
i paid $60 for a 4 wheel alignment
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:08 AM   #61
slicker
slicker

Drives: Cyber Grey 1 LT / RS
pics please
Old 02-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #62
g-townmach
I FARTED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Tell them you'll pay 200.00 and thats it. 370.00 and they can go fondle themselves.

All else fails, take it to NTB and they'll do it for 100 or less.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #63
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicker View Post
pics please
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=127

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-townmach View Post
Tell them you'll pay 200.00 and thats it. 370.00 and they can go fondle themselves.

All else fails, take it to NTB and they'll do it for 100 or less.
Taking it tomorrow to a shop near our freinds detail shop. I'll get it aligned then tinted.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #64
strauchpete
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
my dealership told me that there is not alignment for the back wheels.
strauchpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #65
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
With an independent rear suspension you will have rear toe and camber adjustments. Even with a regular fixed axle you still have thrust angles. 98% of cars never need any adjustments at the back, Camaros would definitely fall in the under 2% category. My dealer told me that alignments when car is brand new are useless because the suspension bushings are still breaking in. Need to wait a few 1000 first.
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #66
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strauchpete View Post
my dealership told me that there is not alignment for the back wheels.
There is after you lower it.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #67
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
I had Eibach springs and sway bars installed including a 4 wheel alignment for $500. For $370 they are clueless.

Don O

Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #68
martin_2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss/Rs package
NTB said i need a camber kit????/
martin_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #69
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
We do a 4-Wheel Computerized Alignment at my shop for $99.00. Lone Star Camaro Club members get 10% off of that price as well !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #70
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_2010 View Post
NTB said i need a camber kit????/
These cars already have eccentric kits in the rear and all you have to do is loosen the 2 strut bolts to adjust the fronts. I don't know why they said you need camber kits??
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote