Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #785
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The Z is likely to be a '12 MY. It's impossible for Ford to react that quickly. MAYBE 2013 if they have something waiting in the wings purposefully. More probably 2014.
Why could Ford not react that quickly? The GT500 has a huge headstart that it is arleady SC'd and Forged, begging for more boost.... The TVS is already a Ford branded part. The TVS tune is already available via Ford. SC Plumbing is already in place. On a sidenote, Eaton may discontinue the current 1.9 and force the GT500 to use the 2.3 regardless of what GM does.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #786
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvenicess View Post
I have been told by a friend who works at GM in Oshawa the the Z28 will have 575hp. Makes sense as it will put it between CTS and ZR1. Also above the Shelby.
Wow this is the first HP number I have seen. How reliable is your friend? If he was reliable, I'm sure he wouldn't have told you (not a knock on him).
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #787
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
hundo.
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #788
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The Z is likely to be a '12 MY. It's impossible for Ford to react that quickly. MAYBE 2013 if they have something waiting in the wings purposefully. More probably 2014.
They have something waiting. The better TVS blower is as direct replacement as you can get. You simply stop using the other eaton blower they are and just bolt on the TVS instead.

I think it depends on how early the Z/28 info comes out. If it comes out months ahead of actual production for that MY starting, ford could have an answer for the same MY.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #789
REVENGE

Drives: 1999 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
They have something waiting. The better TVS blower is as direct replacement as you can get. You simply stop using the other eaton blower they are and just bolt on the TVS instead.

I think it depends on how early the Z/28 info comes out. If it comes out months ahead of actual production for that MY starting, ford could have an answer for the same MY.
What makes you think Ford would respond so quickly? I remember the last generation Camaro / Trans am kicking the Mustang's butt for years and Ford never did respond. You can be sure of one thing...the Z28 will kick the GT500's butt when it comes out. Maybe Ford will play catch up the following year.
REVENGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #790
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVENGE View Post
What makes you think Ford would respond so quickly? I remember the last generation Camaro / Trans am kicking the Mustang's butt for years and Ford never did respond. You can be sure of one thing...the Z28 will kick the GT500's butt when it comes out. Maybe Ford will play catch up the following year.
or they will stay in there corner cryin cuz gm won again
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #791
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_red_v6 View Post
or they will stay in there corner cryin cuz gm won again
Or they won't care because they will win the sales war.

Let's keep in mind that while we all benefit from the horsepower war, we need to benefit more from the sales war. So far the camaro has dominated, even if the mustang outsold it the past couple of months, it doesn't make up for the Camaro's strong producttion start.

The Z28 will hopefully fill that void of high performance 4 seater coupe that the GT500 has been dominating for years.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:52 AM   #792
SQUALO

Drives: 50TH HOT WHEELS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I understand, but why say anything to anyone that you know something? You don't say a word, and no one will pressure you.
This is true, and on the flip side, if you say what you know, after the fact, they won't believe you knew ahead of time, anyways. Lose, lose situation, ooooohhhh well, I'll just bask in the joy of knowing what I know

#NSSTRONG
(April 19,2020)

#DanforthStrong
(July 22, 2018)

#HumboldtStrong
(April 6, 2018)

#TorontoStrong
(April 23, 2018)
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #793
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Or they won't care because they will win the sales war.

Let's keep in mind that while we all benefit from the horsepower war, we need to benefit more from the sales war. So far the camaro has dominated, even if the mustang outsold it the past couple of months, it doesn't make up for the Camaro's strong producttion start.

The Z28 will hopefully fill that void of high performance 4 seater coupe that the GT500 has been dominating for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
This is true, and on the flip side, if you say what you know, after the fact, they won't believe you knew ahead of time, anyways. Lose, lose situation, ooooohhhh well, I'll just bask in the joy of knowing what I know
You're such a tease

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R / Rotofab BG / Elite Engineering CC / Diode Dynamics LEDs / ACS Composites Guards
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #794
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post

I do have a question. . .if they do slap on that better blower will they keep the warranty at the current level or lower it so they don't have to deal with engines wearing out sooner? I know the 5.4 is over built. but there has to be a real reason why they did that. not because the aftermarket was going to slap more power on. . .

and who's to say GM doesn't do what they did with the silverado 2500. . .they release their info before ford did and when ford came out with it's power info for the powerstroke GM came back and said oh yea. . .and upped the power of the silverado's duramax. . .

it's too early to tell on what either company is going to do.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #795
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
My guess is the HP/TQ rating will be the same as the current CTS-V. I doubt GM will produce two different versions of the same engine, one for a limited production/sales and the other for a limited production/sales coupe. The LSA remains unchanged between the CTS-V coupe and sedan, and I'm willing to bet that it will remain unchanged between the CTS-V's and the Z/28.

If for 2012 the GT500 gets the TVS blower and goes to or around 600 HP..then look for a reaction out of the 2012 Z/28 (or 2013)
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #796
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
My guess is the HP/TQ rating will be the same as the current CTS-V. I doubt GM will produce two different versions of the same engine, one for a limited production/sales and the other for a limited production/sales coupe. The LSA remains unchanged between the CTS-V coupe and sedan, and I'm willing to bet that it will remain unchanged between the CTS-V's and the Z/28.

If for 2012 the GT500 gets the TVS blower and goes to or around 600 HP..then look for a reaction out of the 2012 Z/28 (or 2013)
you forget the camaro has better intake and exhaust flow. that's why the 3.6 has more power. who's to say that the lsa won't get a bump just because of that? who's to say it will. the best guess is 556+ hp rating for the release. that's if the LSA is being used.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #797
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
I'm guessing about 570 HP or so, maybe 575..no higher.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #798
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:

Even if GM were to use LSA straight out of CTS-V, there's still the problem of the upper intake not fitting below the cowl. That's not to say that they simply can't engineer a lower-profile lid and stick with that, but the intercooler might very well have to be altered, so why not look into another SC, like the LS9's 2300, which profile is a lot lower? Maybe run with lower boost so as not to tax the hyper' pistons, PM rods, and cast caps, among the many other differences. I believe GM should be looking as close to 600 as possible. Some will point to the 'Vette only having 40 horse more, however, I believe ZR1 will be ready for another boost (pun intended) in the next year or so, so... the door's open for Z28, IMVHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
you forget the camaro has better intake and exhaust flow. that's why the 3.6 has more power. who's to say that the lsa won't get a bump just because of that? who's to say it will. the best guess is 556+ hp rating for the release. that's if the LSA is being used.
Quote:
I'm guessing about 570 HP or so, maybe 575..no higher.
580 here I'm hoping they look a little farther into the future and put out 600, but there's nothing wrong with 556 either. That's nothing a little simple intake and exhaust can't change, or a little pulley and tune

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R / Rotofab BG / Elite Engineering CC / Diode Dynamics LEDs / ACS Composites Guards
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro hp edition, 2012 camaro hp model, 2012 camaro z-28, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 z-28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro hp edition, 2013 camaro hp model, 2013 camaro z-28, 2013 camaro z28, camaro hp edition, camaro hp edition model, camaro hp model, camaro z28 hp, camaro z28 hp edition, chevy camaro hp edition, new camaro z-28, new camaro z28, new z-28, new z28