Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 08-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
Red Devil

Drives: '11 camaro ss/rs
New member saying hello!

I didn't see a new member area so I figured I'd say hello here! I'm just about to order my '11 camaro ss/rs black/black with white stripes, m6 and hurst shifter! I'm pretty surprised at how some dealers are willing to deal while others aren't with the way the economy is right now. I got the normal msrp of $37,195 locally, but $35,829 from a dealer about 60 miles away. So now comes the battle between the 2. I would like to keep my business local but for almost a $1400 difference it's gonna be hard, but we'll see what happens. Anybody have an idea on how long it will actually take to get my new ride? I was told 8-10 weeks.
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
Gunmetal

Drives: Cyber Grey 1SS/RS w/Body Kit
welcome Red
Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Welcome! Be sure to keep us posted as things come together.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:46 PM   #4
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Welcome to the site. We'll keep an eye on that order and it should only be
6-8 weeks if everything goes well. This is the best place to hang out, get your mods in order and meet the best group of Camaro people. Have fun!
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #5
Red Devil

Thanks guys! And yes I'll keep everyone posted on my future mods! I already talked with Ted @ Jannetty's about some goodies cause I can never leave anything stock, lol! Becky, does that $35,829 sound about right? Most dealers around me are all msrp dealers. But this one is involved with an auto buying program with American Express and that was the price I was quoted. I was told it's a guaranteed price that the dealer must honor. Ever hear of anything like this?
Old 08-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Hey Red, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #7
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Welcome
Old 08-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #8
Red Devil

Thanks for all the welcomes! Sir Nuke, thats awesome! I wonder if they have any yuengling lager in that fridge? I've been lurking here for a few weeks after I started to consider the camaro as my next vehicle. I originally had a silver srt-8 challenger on order, but when it came in the paint was so messed up it wasn't even funny! You could actually see the spray pattern from when it was painted. After going back & forth with the dealer for basically refusing to submit it for warranty repair (repaint), I backed out of the deal. I started to look more & more at the camaro. After considering the $9k price difference between the 2, the camaro started to look better and better! Believe me I have plans for this car, it won't stay stock for long!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:55 PM   #9
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Welcome to the Forum!

great avatar!
yes, please keep us posted & Congrats on the order!!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:06 AM   #10
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
I didn't see a new member area so I figured I'd say hello here! I'm just about to order my '11 camaro ss/rs black/black with white stripes, m6 and hurst shifter! I'm pretty surprised at how some dealers are willing to deal while others aren't with the way the economy is right now. I got the normal msrp of $37,195 locally, but $35,829 from a dealer about 60 miles away. So now comes the battle between the 2. I would like to keep my business local but for almost a $1400 difference it's gonna be hard, but we'll see what happens. Anybody have an idea on how long it will actually take to get my new ride? I was told 8-10 weeks.
Why can't your dealer trade with them, and get that car to you for cheaper? That's what one was going to do for me.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:02 AM   #11
SwedishMeatballs

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Welcome bro, can't wait to see some pictures when you get the car
SwedishMeatballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #12
Red Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
Why can't your dealer trade with them, and get that car to you for cheaper? That's what one was going to do for me.
Well I'm gonna have to order it since I want the hurst shifter. I just got the total OTD price with tax and everything included from the dealer thats 60 miles away...$38,228. I'm still waiting for my local dealer to respond to my email. I'm not looking for them to beat the other dealers price, only match it. Currently their still at full msrp with an OTD price of $39,676. Thats a difference of $1448, which I will drive 60 miles to save, I just want to be fair and offer my local dealer a chance to price match.