Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-22-2018, 01:08 PM   #295
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
B6 Bilstein Inverted Monotube with Internal Bumpstop FTW
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:01 AM   #296
Pro-tuned
Angewendet Ingenieur

Drives: 14 Camaro ZL1
I installed spacers to restore ride height. Mfg says 2010-15 but the bushing is different. The only bushing that works is from 2010 as there are slight differences in size. They do fit though. Hope I won’t be dragging exhaust over bumps.
Attached Images

LQ9, Iron Block, Forged internals, 408CI, Jannetty custom cam, TS short block, Whipple, Hardened Jackshaft, PRC 260, 2X3 Dynatech Full Competition, HF Cats, CAI, NW 103, Chee, ID 1300, COPO Breather, MSD, Fore Dual Pump, ultratorque, E85, dual Meth, True Trac, 3:45, 1500hp axle-shafts, DSS CF, BMR, custom Pearl/Candy paint by Jaidah.
Pro-tuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:48 AM   #297
JusticePete

I am surprised you can find a 2010 style bearing as the part was superseded with an updated version. Where did you find it?
Old 02-23-2018, 02:10 PM   #298
Pro-tuned
Angewendet Ingenieur

20859337 is still available in some places or the superceded number 13219091. In which the bushing internal diameter is slightly smaller by a mm... probably could use a exhaust pipe expander to get it right but I sourced originals. BTW the kit upper pad was made in INDIA...��
LQ9, Iron Block, Forged internals, 408CI, Jannetty custom cam, TS short block, Whipple, Hardened Jackshaft, PRC 260, 2X3 Dynatech Full Competition, HF Cats, CAI, NW 103, Chee, ID 1300, COPO Breather, MSD, Fore Dual Pump, ultratorque, E85, dual Meth, True Trac, 3:45, 1500hp axle-shafts, DSS CF, BMR, custom Pearl/Candy paint by Jaidah.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:44 PM   #299
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
I was off the forum for quite a while but I'm disappointed to see this is still a thing...

I daily my 1LE and driving it around this winter (just about a year after I was able to get the front struts replaced under warranty) and I keep noticing that everything does feel a bit rougher.

As of right now, I've been chalking it up to the fact that my girlfriend and I just got her into a '15 Ecoboost Mustang and it has a noticeably smoother ride. Now I'm not so sure, and I wonder if I'm back to dealing with this issue.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:34 PM   #300
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
B6 Bilstein Inverted Monotube with Internal Bumpstop FTW
Pete, if one was to drive two 1LE’s back to back, one with stock 1LE shocks, and the other one equipped with the B6 Bilsteins (still using the stock OEM springs of course), how would ride quality and feel compare between the two cars?
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:55 AM   #301
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Not to hijack your question but I was real hesitant to get the B6's and there was limited reviews/observations. So here is mine:

They get rid of the huge bang when going over a drop off like a bridge expansion joint.

They don't cavitate when going over a lot of bumps or road imperfections. The 1le struts seemed to get overwhelmed when going over a series of bumps/imperfections and it would upset the car and handling become unpredictable and inconsistent.

They soak up small bumps like tar strips a lot better, you don't even feel them unlike the 1le struts. You only hear the tire slap don't really feel anything.

Cut down the "pogo effect" when going over wavy pavement.

I would say stiffness is about the same as the 1le strut? On smooth pavement in a sweeping turn you couldn't tell the difference. Add bumps/rough pavement you can tell the difference, much smoother, predictable, consistent.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:06 AM   #302
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
gets your attention doesn't it
Old 03-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #303
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Hey Pro-Tuned:

why did you have to restore ride height? Was that drop with the Bilstein or Konis? Was it an even drop all around and how much of a drop was it? I'm looking at maybe upgrading to afetrmarket struts to smooth out the ride a bit and a bit lower wouldn't be too bad for me.

Matty Ice:

do you have another thread for a more detailed review on those bilsteins? I've been researching quite a bit and I would love to keep the handling ability arond corners (which is why I bought the damn 1LE specifically), but after riding around in my GF's mustang... I really want it to be smoother lol
Old 03-06-2018, 10:07 AM   #304
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Pete, if one was to drive two 1LE’s back to back, one with stock 1LE shocks, and the other one equipped with the B6 Bilsteins (still using the stock OEM springs of course), how would ride quality and feel compare between the two cars?
Also curious about ride quality. i assume it would be the same.. Pete, you have my number. Car is almost paid off. Might have some money to part with soon.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #305
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Also curious about ride quality. i assume it would be the same.. Pete, you have my number. Car is almost paid off. Might have some money to part with soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
Not to hijack your question but I was real hesitant to get the B6's and there was limited reviews/observations. So here is mine:

They get rid of the huge bang when going over a drop off like a bridge expansion joint.

They don't cavitate when going over a lot of bumps or road imperfections. The 1le struts seemed to get overwhelmed when going over a series of bumps/imperfections and it would upset the car and handling become unpredictable and inconsistent.

They soak up small bumps like tar strips a lot better, you don't even feel them unlike the 1le struts. You only hear the tire slap don't really feel anything.

Cut down the "pogo effect" when going over wavy pavement.

I would say stiffness is about the same as the 1le strut? On smooth pavement in a sweeping turn you couldn't tell the difference. Add bumps/rough pavement you can tell the difference, much smoother, predictable, consistent.
The front struts on a factory 1LE are twin tube and the rear struts are monotubes. The B6 are inverted monotubes all the way around, a mechanically / hydraulically superior configuration. Handling is superior by my butt dyno and those of our clients.

Ride quality is highly subjective, but speaking for me I find the ride quality superior because there is less drama, the ride of more composed, taught but still comfortable.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:13 PM   #306
JusticePete

Ooops, there is one negative to the B6 struts, they are still on intergalactic back order.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:27 PM   #307
Pro-tuned
Angewendet Ingenieur

[QUOTE=terry_b;10098292]Hey Pro-Tuned:

why did you have to restore ride height? Was that drop with the Bilstein or Konis? Was it an even drop all around and how much of a drop was it? I'm looking at maybe upgrading to afetrmarket struts to smooth out the ride a bit and a bit lower wouldn't be too bad for me.

I was experiencing the same issue that has been discussed for a while and in search of a solution came up with what is shown. It became worse after I installed the Iron block and Whipple. But all is ok now even with stock struts. Another option would be to increase spring rate but you need to calculate and make some measurements to get it right. I think someone like chassis engineering or others specialize in custom setups. This may help provide better support at lower ride height with less spring travel. Mine has settled now but still is fantastic.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #308
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-tuned View Post

I was experiencing the same issue that has been discussed for a while and in search of a solution came up with what is shown. It became worse after I installed the Iron block and Whipple. But all is ok now even with stock struts. Another option would be to increase spring rate but you need to calculate and make some measurements to get it right. I think someone like chassis engineering or others specialize in custom setups. This may help provide better support at lower ride height with less spring travel. Mine has settled now but still is fantastic.
Is your Camaro a 1LE?