Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 02-08-2016, 10:26 AM   #701
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Newton can at least say he was the league`s MVP but I would rather be Von Miller of the Denver Broncos being named Super Bowl 50 Most Valuable Player on the winning team and a Super Bowl ring to go along with it.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:18 AM   #702
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
The NFL has just opened an investigation into SB 50, particularly reports concerning the green substance around Von Miller's Jersey and Helmet.

Statement from Goodell
"The banned substance Kryptonite may have been used during the game to gain an unfair advantage over Cam Newton"
Old 02-08-2016, 11:21 AM   #703
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Newton is a petulant child. The only thing worse than his unsportsmanlike conduct after a loss, is his unsportsmanlike conduct after a win.

Quote:
We've seen that Carolina's Cam Newton is a classless buffoon, showing his colors by taking a Seattle fan's 12 flag and throwing it to the ground after Sunday's win. Previously, he did something similar to Green Bay fans.
Quote:
just trash talk. However, I'd really like to see a little more sportsmanship in the game as a whole. A player, especially a team leader, who blatantly disrespects a team and their fans after a win is a loser in my book.

Last edited by Mr. Stacy; 02-08-2016 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Looser? Oh that's gross...
Mr. Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:27 AM   #704
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Better pic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Brotherly love! He was thinking of how he had 2 rings and Payton wouldn't get 2 rings. He finally had his big brother beat in something, and the 200 wins!

Looks more like he just lost a lot of money...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2016, 11:30 AM   #705
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Also, it irks me when people don't know the difference between loser and looser. I know this isn't grammar school, but come on, it makes you look rather ridiculous.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:37 AM   #706
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Looks more like he just lost a lot of money...

Don't you mean he loosed a lot of money?
Old 02-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #707
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/rus...ing-superbowl/
Old 02-08-2016, 12:11 PM   #708
1leWorksforMe

Drives: 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
I understand that, but he could have tried to man up and set an example. He might look back one day and think, why did he act like that.

Houston Texans are going, wasn't that our head coach that we just fired? His 1st year at Denver leads to a Superbowl win! Thank You
LOL, yeah, he definitely could have handled the situation with more poise (and since he shows off so much it makes him look even worse) but chit happens.

Sucks Kubiak (among five other former texans) left and then won a superbowl but I still like O'Brien and believe he can do good for us.
1leWorksforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:07 PM   #709
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I guess I should of known the NFL loves to see a Fairy tale ending with pretty boy. All they needed was some help. After the first Challenge was not reversed, I literally lost all interest in the game. It was apparent how it was going to go. Then having to challenge again on the sack..geesh. Well Peyton got his wish, NFL got their wish, and some how the announces watched a different game because based on all the stats, the Broncos defense gave up more yards, more first downs, more yards per play, more time..so not sure how they were "so good".

http://heavy.com/sports/2016/02/clet...thers-broncos/
How about the turnovers that turned into points for Denver and the ones that stopped Carolina from having any type of momentum. The Denver defense was better at creating opportunity more so than Carolina. Carolina succumbed to the pressure in the 4th quarter making stupid penalties that hurt them. Poor judgement and the lack of poise was Carolina's downfall, with the help of immaturity from their "MVP" QB.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #710
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
I guess I should of known the NFL loves to see a Fairy tale ending with pretty boy. All they needed was some help. After the first Challenge was not reversed, I literally lost all interest in the game. It was apparent how it was going to go. Then having to challenge again on the sack..geesh. Well Peyton got his wish, NFL got their wish, and some how the announces watched a different game because based on all the stats, the Broncos defense gave up more yards, more first downs, more yards per play, more time..so not sure how they were "so good".

Are you kidding me? It's not like the Panthers EVER had calls go there way, right, during the season or playoffs?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:19 PM   #711
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
The past 2 Denver games were two of the best defensive shows I have seen in some time. Tip my hat to the champs, I thought they had no shot. Tough team.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:54 PM   #712
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:

Ya but in the end it`s who scores the most points and gives up the fewest points stat that is the MOST important stat!
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:36 PM   #713
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Wow, that's awesome.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:24 PM   #714
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible