Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-09-2011, 02:36 AM   #1
Bay Area SS

Drives: 2010 rs/2ss
V Max or PowderPro throttle Body?

Im ready for my next mod. Which throttle body? V Max or PowderPro? I like the fact that the V Max is highly reccomended and has seemed to have established a good rep with our cars, but the PowderPro looks a lot better in my opinion, as far as the finish and the porting...What do you guys think??
Bay Area SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
A62010SS

Drives: 2010SS
The VMax is definitely a proven piece for sure by all of the threads here. The Powder Pro does look awesone on the outside and it is polished nicely inside. But I did ask them some specific questions a while ago about performance and comparisons and all I got was short answers, a bit of a run around and then was told I was "busting their balls" with all of my questions. So for me it would be a VMax as they and most of their dealers are good to deal with.
A62010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
i went with Vmaxx, DEF RECOMMEND IT.
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
ducq

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3 blck w/ IOM
I've never heard of powerpro but Ill tell you straight up, you would be 100% satisfied with the vmax cnc porting.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
ClutchKargo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
PowderPro - Porting and Polishing were Top Notch. I had mine painted too and they did a fantastic job. Fast communication and service good group just fairly new to our board.
Solo Mach XL CatBack w/ J Pipe - Texas Speed LT Headers - 3M Nano-Carbon Polyester Tint 20% - 3M Crystalline 90% Tint on Windshield - Azentek Smart Mirror w/Back up Camera - CAI Intake - ADM Scoop - APEX Washer Tank Kit - PowderPro Ported & Polished TB
ClutchKargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
Pay2Play

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have the VMax and have no complaints.
Pay2Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #7
Jason7
NorCalCamaros.com

Drives: 2010 2SS White
Couldn't feel any difference at all with my ported tb other than in the old checkbook....

Jason
Jason7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:24 AM   #8
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
Very happy with my painted V-Max!
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:30 AM   #9
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by A62010SS View Post
The VMax is definitely a proven piece for sure by all of the threads here. The Powder Pro does look awesone on the outside and it is polished nicely inside. But I did ask them some specific questions a while ago about performance and comparisons and all I got was short answers, a bit of a run around and then was told I was "busting their balls" with all of my questions. So for me it would be a VMax as they and most of their dealers are good to deal with.
Absolutely +1 on this. The guy is an ass with a short tolerance for answering questions. I continued to seek clarifications on things after I had paid and as soon as the item was shipped I never got another response after multiple attempts and phone calls. Funny how that works.

As far as the powder pro product is concerned, not sure you're getting a brand new TB even if that's what you ordered. Other than PAYING for a new one, I'm not sure it matters since I don't think there's ever been a case of one failing that anyone on here can remember.

Comparing your two options, I personally think the powder pro hand ported and polished is the better option because it ports and polishes both in front and behind the blades (removal during porting as well). Additionally, just about everyone who has done VMAX either didn't notice a different or could barely tell. When I installed my hand ported it was a NIGHT AND DAY difference. Not just butt or seat dyno, but a clear as day difference in performance for me.

Doesn't sound like there is a wrong answer here. Just depends on what type of product YOU want and how much YOU want to pay for it. Both products in the end are proven. And how important is customer service to you? I can say the service from the VMAX vendors have ALL been responsive to my questions to them about the products and processes.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #10
ABM/IOM

Drives: aqua blue ls and inferno orange ss
I have a VMAx throttle body and noticed an improvement in throttle response and a little more power. Also, the VMAX has been dyno proven to give 8-10 more HP and 12-14 more TRQ. So what are the dyno numbers on the Powderpro throttle body's, because i have read a couple of threads on them and no dyno #'s. In one thread they were asked to produce dyno #'s and after going back and forth with Powderpro on the forum all Powderpro did was give everyone the runaround.
ABM/IOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #11
navyblueSS

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
I went with VMax and noticed better throttle response. The PowderPro unit looks good but I haven't seen any tests on it.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #12
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM/IOM View Post
I have a VMAx throttle body and noticed an improvement in throttle response and a little more power. Also, the VMAX has been dyno proven to give 8-10 more HP and 12-14 more TRQ. So what are the dyno numbers on the Powderpro throttle body's, because i have read a couple of threads on them and no dyno #'s. In one thread they were asked to produce dyno #'s and after going back and forth with Powderpro on the forum all Powderpro did was give everyone the runaround.
Yeah forgot about that aspect too. Can't seem to come up with a dyno proving claims. It's gonna be there though. Just another factor of the bad customer service.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #13
DREV LSX

Drives: Its the Millenium Falcon
VMAX IS THE WAY TO GO, HANDS DOWN THE BEST, DYNO PROVEN RESULTS THAT CAN BE BACKED UP AND REPEATED OVER AND OVER!!! YOU CANT GO WRONG. VMAX HAS A SOLID REPUTATION AND GREAT PERFORMANCE FEEDBACK FROM ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS WHO ARE RUNNING THEIR PRODUCTS.
DREV LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #14
siriusdish

Drives: 2010 Camaro L99
Vmax,, the Board Agrees! What's the problem?
vararam intake, Vmax TB,Vmax Intake,TSP VVT 3 Cam,TSP underdrive pulley,Yank 3600,TM Cooler,ARH 2", High Flow cats, X-pipe, GM Pro mufflers, RX Catch Can,160 stat, BMR Trailing,toe,Cradle insert, Diff. Bushings, End links, Spohn-LCA's (Touring)Wheel spacer's. 422 rwhp Mustang Dyno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaFNAhCL7Os
siriusdish is offline   Reply With Quote