Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #15
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
LOL I apologize. We have some REALLY unreasonable members on this board and the comment just didn't surprise me is why I didn't catch the humor.
I tried to choose a number that would be on the fence of obvious sarcasm and possible seriousness.

No need to appologise, If sarcasm is used then I think the user of said sarcasm needs to realize someone might not catch it. hahaha
Old 11-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #16
'StangBlaster5000

Drives: Waiting for the 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Yeah, because running a business to help people out is always a smart business decision.
Sorry, I know that sounds like I'm a smart ass, and it does, but that's just not how things work.
I could very easily make a comment about, using tax payers money to build the car, therefore they should have OUR interests at heart, but.....whatever, I'm starting to lose interest in all of it.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #17
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'StangBlaster5000 View Post
I could very easily make a comment about, using tax payers money to build the car, therefore they should have OUR interests at heart, but.....whatever, I'm starting to lose interest in all of it.
Bottom line: GM owes none of you anything just because you bought a Camaro.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #18
'StangBlaster5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Bottom line: GM owes none of you anything just because you bought a Camaro.
No.......because we pay TAXES.....
Old 11-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #19
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
No.......because we pay TAXES.....
GM still owes you nothing.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #20
cyrusthevirus

Drives: 2009 chevy cobalt ss, 1989 Iroc-z
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
If you're complaining about 48K, you clearly should not buy a ZL1. A fully loaded GT500, in Canada, is around $71,000. If you can get MSRP you will get a GT500 for $55,742, with a Nav System, Glass Roof, Stripe Package and SVT Track Package. If you convert that MSRP to Canadian Dollars it comes to about $56,550.27. We get charged almost $15,000 more than you do for the exact same car. So don't whine about the ZL1 being 48K. You're not the ones getting lamb roasted by dealers. 25K markup, now you know how we feel up here...... Canada is awesome but American (USA) companies sure know how to screw us.

Rant over....
i can get a 2012 gt500 for 46k ish, with the svt package 49kish but i dont want a poostang
Old 11-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #21
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Not individually.

But we did bail their asses out. While I don't expect them to give stuff away I get tired of hearing that GM (or any other car company or bank) is scott free of any gratitude.

Of course I expect them to be profitable so we can be paid back. I'm for a fair profit for anyting they make and sell.

If I were emporer NONE of them woudl have gotten a dime. It can be bad now, or worse later.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #22
'StangBlaster5000

Quote:
Me personally, no...the American public in general....you bet your ass they do!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #23
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
I'll disagree with that. A large portion of what got this country into this economic mess is a 'I can do whatever I want because I have enough money and weight to bully my way through the system' attitude that was too often tolerated, and sometimes even encouraged, by those with the authority to do something about it far too often. Roger Smith was the perfect example of this philosophy, and he was one of the blissful idiots who just happened to lead GM to the economic equivelant of death's door.

I have (gratefully) had some career success and, at this point in life, when somebody gets a multi billion dollar lifeline I'm going to notice because I absolutely notice what has become a substantial tax bill for my family. (more than enough yearly to buy some extremely nice GM products outright) GM absolutely owes the U.S. taxpayer something, they owe them the common courtesy to build good cars at a fair price, while making a profit, so that they can, at least, generate income and jobs that make the U.S. taxpayer's investment worthwhile. That is both the best that GM can do and the least that should be expected of them. Even more, that is an entirely reasonable expectation, a $45,000.00 ZL1 Camaro is not.

GM does not 'own me nothing', but what they do owe me is not a $45,000.00 ZL. And to be blunt, I don't think you would have any problem finding folks walking the halls of Gm corporate who would agree with what I just said.

Hah! PQ beat me to it.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #24
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Of course I expect them to be profitable so we can be paid back. I'm for a fair profit for anyting they make and sell.
Which they have been, and will be...as long as people here stop thinking that "GM should help us out."

GM is in this business to turn a profit, not do favors for people. It would do well for a lot of people on this site to remember that.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #25
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Me personally, no...the American public in general....you bet your ass they do!
They owe it to the American "GOVERNMENT" to be profitable...

Which means the had better make money on the ZL1 to make our GOVERNMENT'S investment in GM a profitable one. The people had no say in bailing out GM. OUR ELECTED officials did that all on their own...

Right or wrong... GM Owes us, the people, not one penny...

Now, more than ever, they should be profitable. A 48K ZL1 will not be profitable. Which will, in turn, diminish the government's investment in GM.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #26
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

Which means the had better make money on the ZL1 to make our GOVERNMENT'S investment in GM a profitable one. The people had no say in bailing out GM. OUR ELECTED officials did that all on their own...

Now more than ever they should be profitable. And a 48K ZL1 will not be profitable. Which will in turn diminish the government's investment in GM.
Again, I'll disagree with that completely just on the basis on a lack of understanding, IMO, of exactly who the government is. That guy in Washington is called a representative for a reason, he isn't the government, we are. He simply represents the interest of the government, which would be us, or at least he is supposed to represent our interests.

I already covered what I think GM owes above, and I think it not a whit unreasonable.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #27
'StangBlaster5000

Quote:
Which they have been, and will be...as long as people here stop thinking that "GM should help us out."

GM is in this business to turn a profit, not do favors for people. It would do well for a lot of people on this site to remember that.
Nor was I in the business to do GM a "Favor" ...... but I did
Gm should give anyone who payed taxes that year a $5,000 discount for every car they purchase for the rest of their life.
You say GM doesn't owe "US" anything LOL, without "US" GM would have gone under in 2008....END OF STORY, THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN SAY TO MAKE THAT FACT GO AWAY, you can keep trying...but you will fail.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #28
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

Now, more than ever, they should be profitable. A 48K ZL1 will not be profitable. Which will, in turn, diminish the government's investment in GM.

Closed Thread