Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-16-2016, 09:26 AM   #15
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I love my Doug Thorly ceramic shorties.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:37 PM   #16
cb4dude

Drives: 2010 LT1 M6
Yep, I have the DT shorties too. They are excellent. Great sound, with a good boost in performance.
Doug Thorley Shorty Headers - K&N CAI - VMax Black Iceolator - VMax Ported Throttle Body - Hotchkis Lowering Springs - BMR Toe Rods & Trailing Arms - American Racing Rims - Polished stainless accents - Chrome Grill - 1LT Badging
cb4dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:55 AM   #17
Big Dookie

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro, 1994 Camaro Coupe
Does anyone know off a catless midpipe for the LLT??? I really dont want to spend $700 for highflow cats. I have JBA Shortys.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:11 AM   #18
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
Does anyone know off a catless midpipe for the LLT??? I really dont want to spend $700 for highflow cats. I have JBA Shortys.
You could gut your OEM Cats. I had to do this with my BBK cats because of the Supercharger. I searched (was 2-3 years ago) and couldnt find anyone that sold them. Could always go to an exhaust shop in case you dont want to gut your OEM cats.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:31 AM   #19
Big Dookie

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro, 1994 Camaro Coupe
Having a hard time here in NY finding a shop that will do the maintenance. I might have to gut the cats.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:33 PM   #20
wsmith

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_ar View Post
California requires all parts to have a Carb number. This limits what you can use in terms of aftermarket parts. Cold air intakes are heavily restricted, no LT headers, cant change your cats, etc etc. Basically, you have yo buy parts that have been approved by the emmisions board and you'll find that the besy performing parts arent approved...
Gotta love the People's Republic of Commiefornia *rolls eyes*

I live in Washington State and I'm wondering if anyone knows if long tube headers and hi-flow cats are legal here? I live in an area where I DO NOT need to get emissions tested (I never have) but who knows if I'll have to move somewhere where I do.

I'm open to any kind of headers that work well. Are there any long tubes that work with stock cats or Solo Performance cats? Also, will I be able to get a shop to install them outside of emissions testing areas or will they not do it for emissions reasons?