Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
camarokev
camaro #2449

Drives: 2010 iom 2ss/rs, 03 avalanche
what my dealer told me about my order.

ok i ordered my iom ss2/rs with sunroof and interior accent package on october 13th, after having my down payment in for over a year. last week my dealer called and said, your order has been accepted and will be one of the first batch of cars made it should be here in rhinelander wi by april 13th!

he also said that he had heard (not from gm rep)that the interior lighting might not happen on the first batch, but thats a rumor thats been going around on here too. the othere thing he said is that gm is working on a z28 that should be out about a year from now,this was from a gm guy.

i went down to the chicago auto show to see the camaro in person on saturday, it was worth it i like the car even more now, i couldnt believe the people in the gm area looking at them! i waited about a half hour to sit in the red ss. the only thing i didnt like was the stripes were stickers and were kindof pealing off in the corners, the production car will be paint wont it?

i talked to a guy that was in the gm area with a security name tag, he said he was from the big chicago dealer, this guy pretty much didnt know anything about the car. he claimed that the orange we ordered would be almost exactly like the 1969 hugger orange wich i know isnt true, also he said that their deler can get into the system to order, or even look at the specs yet and said it was imposiple that we would get our car by then. then he claimed that their dealer would get theirs first because they are bigger, what a doof!!!

did i get a really good dealer or what, im glad im not with that guy!
camarokev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
stripes wont be painted

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
wow..sounds like you z28 fellas might just get what you want....Maybee.

Thanks for the info.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #4
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
We have been hearing more and more positive info about the Z28 coming out in about a year. Im sure they will produce it just like the G8 Firehawk edition. Believe me if they know they can sell 500 of those, if they know there is a market for a beefed up version of the G8, im sure they know about the pretty big market for a Z28. Just keep holding on like you already have, im sure you will be rewarded. GM is not dumb, they are just waiting for some relief and the right time.
Guy please dont come in and say your beating a dead horse or start ranting on about how the Z28 is dead. Lets all just have a little hope and not get overwhelmed.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarokev View Post
ok i ordered my iom ss2/rs with sunroof and interior accent package on october 13th, after having my down payment in for over a year. last week my dealer called and said, your order has been accepted and will be one of the first batch of cars made it should be here in rhinelander wi by april 13th!

he also said that he had heard (not from gm rep)that the interior lighting might not happen on the first batch, but thats a rumor thats been going around on here too. the othere thing he said is that gm is working on a z28 that should be out about a year from now,this was from a gm guy.

i went down to the chicago auto show to see the camaro in person on saturday, it was worth it i like the car even more now, i couldnt believe the people in the gm area looking at them! i waited about a half hour to sit in the red ss. the only thing i didnt like was the stripes were stickers and were kindof pealing off in the corners, the production car will be paint wont it?

i talked to a guy that was in the gm area with a security name tag, he said he was from the big chicago dealer, this guy pretty much didnt know anything about the car. he claimed that the orange we ordered would be almost exactly like the 1969 hugger orange wich i know isnt true, also he said that their deler can get into the system to order, or even look at the specs yet and said it was imposiple that we would get our car by then. then he claimed that their dealer would get theirs first because they are bigger, what a doof!!!

did i get a really good dealer or what, im glad im not with that guy!
Sounds like the guy by the red SS Saturday morning....I was dying listening to him...Said he had well over 20 cars over his guide number ordered...He wasn't aware of these forums....I threw up a little in my mouth and had to get away from him.

Glad ya made the trip down there. HELLOVASHOW!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #6
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
We have been hearing more and more positive info about the Z28 coming out in about a year. Im sure they will produce it just like the G8 Firehawk edition. Believe me if they know they can sell 500 of those, if they know there is a market for a beefed up version of the G8, im sure they know about the pretty big market for a Z28. Just keep holding on like you already have, im sure you will be rewarded. GM is not dumb, they are just waiting for some relief and the right time.
Guy please dont come in and say your beating a dead horse or start ranting on about how the Z28 is dead. Lets all just have a little hope and not get overwhelmed.
I promise NEVER to say the Z28 is dead
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
GM'r_For_Life
9A108207

Drives: 95 S10
Camarokey
what my dealer told me about my order.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you get the second letter with the photo and an order number on it?
GM'r_For_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #8
camarokev
camaro #2449

Drives: 2010 iom 2ss/rs, 03 avalanche
yea i checked the website that you punch your number in nothing changed, you still just get the 3 pics on there.
camarokev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:02 AM   #9
howsweet

Drives: 71 camaro 70ssnova 69 z11
I bet that was cool sitting in the camaro i still ask who ur salesman is there up at rh gm make sure u get a good price they will probally gouge u be careful hope u got a good salesman there let us know i can tell u if hes good being i worked there and all! my dealer did an full price sheet and all the papers with the price and all taxes i got the whole deal in my hands just not typed out . thatss why i wonder why are they not giving u a price be careful! you should know what u r paying i know !
howsweet is offline   Reply With Quote