Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
Am I the only one that thinks the Mustang has better color options?

So today I hooked onto fifty rail-cars full of Mustangs and F-150's, and I couldn't help but be enamored with the brilliant colors... the first to catch my eye was, naturally, grabber blue... then an almost lime green version, and several others...

When I was on the hunt for my Camaro I was searching for Summit white, and after a month of not finding what I was looking for, I went with Ashen Gray... now, I'm not saying our color options suck, but they just don't have the same 'sports car' or 'muscle car' appeal... they seem too bland to me... anyone else feel the same way? I kinda outlined it like this to my dealer, and take no offense, it's just my opinion:

"Black is too hard to maintain, yellow belongs on Corvettes, IOM isn't orange enough, red is the cliche' sports car/muscle car color, silver is kinda bland, IBM isn't a bright enough shade of blue..."

Synergy green, kinetic blue, ABM, awesome colors... Summit White reminds me of Camaro heritage thanks to the 67 and 69 pace cars...

I dunno, just an observation... am I alone?

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
I hate to say but yeah rustangs in the last 10 yrs even, have way more varieties. We'll probably both take a hit on this though ha
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
Arodr395

Drives: 2014 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I see your point, but I like black, white or red on the camaro and since they have all those colors I have no issues.
Arodr395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
maroman1138

Drives: 2011 SS/RS LS3
The only color I like from the rustang is Kona Blue. I think that's what it's called. That green they used to compete with synergy green? What the hell were they thinking?
2011 1SS/RS LS3 - Stage II Ported Heads, Stage II Comp Cam, Ported T.B., Hurst Shifter - 0BX LT Headers - CAT delete, Pype Bomb Axle-Back Exhaust - Muffler delete - 4.5 Resonated tips, Spectre CAI, - 480 RWHP 442 TRQ. Dyno tuned by ARD.
maroman1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroman1138 View Post
That green they used to compete with synergy green? What the hell were they thinking?
Agree

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

Old 08-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

I'd love to see Hugger Orange return... Or Cortez Silver... Electron blue metallic...

Old 08-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
I saw a new Explorer today with a really bad paint color. I checked their website and I believe it is Deep Impact Blue.

Grabber blue is also a cheap looking blue on Mustangs. Whoever is working in the paint selection department at Ford should have stuck with Kona Blue.
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #8
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
I saw a new Explorer today with a really bad paint color. I checked their website and I believe it is Deep Impact Blue.

Grabber blue is also a cheap looking blue on Mustangs. Whoever is working in the paint selection department at Ford should have stuck with Kona Blue.
The place that made the paint was destroyed in the Japan Tsunami in 2011.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #9
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I'm not a fan of grabber blue - it doesn't have enough depth to it, however at least the mustangs have a blue option, I still can't believe Chevy discontinued ABM after one year, that color was awesome
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #10
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Totally disagree

I often have looked as Mustangs with the more colors and alot more added stripes and stripe options in every variation as well as different things they have added to the car to keep an older design relevant.

After awhile though I find I don't like the colors, wouldn't buy them and want them on my car long term. That is the key. What first may look attractive, looks overboard after a bit of time. I don't think Mustang has one color that stands out like Inferno Orange without looking like too much after awhile.

Don't hate Mustangs, just think the Camaros and the colors are classier.

My two cents

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #11
Supreme Leader
Account Suspended

Drives: MANual
That's why I have synergy green
Supreme Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #12
firedrop

Drives: 2012 2ss/l99 a6, victory red
kona blue does look great on the mustangs.. and chevy is really stupid for discontinuing the synergy green. i'm happy with my victory red, i think the ashen gray looks good too. but i'd love to have the green..

CAI, custom catback with flowmaster series 10s
firedrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #13
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolltideSS View Post
I'm not a fan of grabber blue - it doesn't have enough depth to it, however at least the mustangs have a blue option, I still can't believe Chevy discontinued ABM after one year, that color was awesome
I think I just dig Grabber Blue because it reminds me of an almost Petty Blue, and while the King had a historic relationship with Dodge/Plymouth, he did some pretty impressive things in a few 43 bearing Fords, too.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #14
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
No question they do... Do does Challenger. Camaro colors are generally a palette of blandness with a bright red and yellow thrown in. I keep hoping that after the last Hot Wheels car languishing on a lot somewhere is sold they'll add Kinetic Blue to the regular 2014 colors... but knowing Chevy, they won't... Way too bright and bold to be a regular color option for us. Heck, they even ditched Inferno Orange, which even it itself was nowhere near as bold or bright as it could have been. (read: Hugger Orange) Last bright regular production color we had (besides the prerequisite red and yellow) was Synergy Green in 2011, and we had to beg for that.