Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
need some help with my transmission grinding

My grinding issue is back with my m6. Second gear is grinding on me again. I had the same issue last year and when I took it in to a dealer they said there was nothing wrong with it. I'm not a idiot and I know I should not be doing this (they told me its normal at one point) but am I just wasting my time going back to the dealer? It's a intermittent problem but I'm sick of it. Would love some advice on how to handle it. My cousin is one of the engineers with gm and said he can probably get me all the stuff to re build it my self but on a car with 11k miles I think it's pretty bad I would have to do it myself and I'm pretty sure that would void the warranty. Thanks for the help guys
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.

Last edited by Vroom_vroom; 08-18-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom View Post
My grinding issue is back with my m6. Second gear is grinding on me again. I had the same issue last year and when I took it in to a dealer they said there was nothing wrong with it. I'm not a idiot and I know I should not be doing this (they told me its normal at one point) but am I just wasting my time going back to the dealer? It's a intermittent problem but I'm sick of it. Would love some advice on how to handle it. My cousin is one of the engineers with gm and said he can probably get me all the stuff to re build it my self but on a car with 11k miles I think it's pretty bad I would have to do it myself and I'm pretty sure that would void the warranty. Thanks for the help guys
Vroom_vroom,

Really sorry to hear about the frustrations you've endured with the grinding on your Camaro. Is there a second dealer I can help locate in order to get this diagnosed? I would definitely like to assist, so feel free to send me a private message regarding this situation.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
unforgiven
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
my m6 used to grind. try double clutching when the trans is cold
unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
I was tired of it as well. I probably went a little overboard but I was fed up. I bought a JDP remote reservoir, tick high flow clutch line, ideal garage master cylinder and better tranny fluid. Since I changed it all I have never had it grind again. Smooth as butter and shifts great.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #5
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

That might be the next option, but I'm fairly confident the syncros are gone by now on second. Have a app. With the dealer Wednesday so I will go from there.

Sorry but double clutching to accelerate in to second is un except able. If you have to down shift then by all means but not trying to pull out into traffic and you can't get into second. It already is a borderline safety issue.
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
Old 08-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
cb4dude

Drives: 2010 LT1 M6
Common problem, and most owners are getting stonewalled.... No fix.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212552

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=2nd+gear

Doug Thorley Shorty Headers - K&N CAI - VMax Black Iceolator - VMax Ported Throttle Body - Hotchkis Lowering Springs - BMR Toe Rods & Trailing Arms - American Racing Rims - Polished stainless accents - Chrome Grill - 1LT Badging
cb4dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
That might be the next option, but I'm fairly confident the syncros are gone by now on second. Have a app. With the dealer Wednesday so I will go from there.

Sorry but double clutching to accelerate in to second is un except able. If you have to down shift then by all means but not trying to pull out into traffic and you can't get into second. It already is a borderline safety issue.
If the synchros were bad, it would NOT be an intermittent issue.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #8
nine1wing

Drives: 2011 Camaro
same problem here, hoping customer care helps with this is, they forwarded my problem waiting on phone call back
nine1wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #9
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

The thing with second gear is sometimes it will grind others it just will not let you go into second. It likes to do it when you have pulled out into fast moving traffic............ It's at the dealer today so I guess i will see what happens. It's a intermit issue so not getting my hopes up but the service rep seemed genuinely interested in it. So who knows
'13 Avenger R/T
Old 08-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #10
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

well i had a suspicion today would be a waist but i gave it a fair shot. the dealer said it would not grind on them but they got it to do what i was talking about and "block" you from going in to second under higher rpms( apparently 4k rpm into second is unreasonable) was also told that our cars are supposed to do this as its "programed in the computer" and told to remember this is not a ss. its not meant to go fast..................the service tech was nice but pretty much told me to deal with it or get a ss. will have to send a pm to William @ customer service after work but i have a sinking feeling we all get to deal with it.
'13 Avenger R/T
Old 08-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
well i had a suspicion today would be a waist but i gave it a fair shot. the dealer said it would not grind on them but they got it to do what i was talking about and "block" you from going in to second under higher rpms( apparently 4k rpm into second is unreasonable) was also told that our cars are supposed to do this as its "programed in the computer" and told to remember this is not a ss. its not meant to go fast..................the service tech was nice but pretty much told me to deal with it or get a ss. will have to send a pm to William @ customer service after work but i have a sinking feeling we all get to deal with it.
Oh my,

Yes please contact me when you have the opportunity!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote