Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-26-2014, 11:58 AM   #1
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Longer Bolts for Iceolator + Plenum Spacer?

I just installed the black iceolator and am getting a mace plenum spacer soon. What kind of bolts do I need to get/ replace since the the current center bolts are not supposed to be long enough for both bolt ons?

Even with just the black iceolator, 3 out of the 4 screws feel like they are not tightening all the way to the bottom; they tighten all the way to the bottom but then just keep rotating without tightening.

Lastly, after installing the iceolator, the intake manifold is too high up to be able to bolt on to those 2 rear brackets that attach to the hose. Are these brackets important? They seem to just hold the hose in place but it seems already secured without it anyway.
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:08 PM   #2
cb4dude

Drives: 2010 LT1 M6
Nope, the two back bolts are not required. I didn't put them back in when I put my iceolator in.

The stock bolts are long enough, and you should be able to torque them. Only thing I can think of is that the intake is either hung up on something and not seating correctly or you put too thick a layer of sealer and the bolts aren't catching. There are 2 different lengths of bolts, you may have mixed them up.

Not sure about the plenum spacer. Contact the retailer about the two to find out how much longer the bolts need.
Doug Thorley Shorty Headers - K&N CAI - VMax Black Iceolator - VMax Ported Throttle Body - Hotchkis Lowering Springs - BMR Toe Rods & Trailing Arms - American Racing Rims - Polished stainless accents - Chrome Grill - 1LT Badging
cb4dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:42 PM   #3
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Stock IM bolts are 130mm long. You can get away with using stock if you were just adding the Iceolator but you'd be giving up half your thread depth.

Add the plenum spacer (aren't they like 3/8" tall) and you're gonna run out of thread to hold the 4 center IM bolts. You have to move one stock center bolt to the front off-center 5th spot and order at least four 140mm bolts from boltdepot.com. If you've used double gaskets on the Iceolator and spacer- I'd go with 150's with a washer for your center retainers.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote