Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #169
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I run a full tank of 104. That's it, no other power adders. That would be truly bad ass if you can get into the 9's with a stick. I know it's hard. I've see a 750 rwhp car with a driver nit be able to crack 10.6. Good luck brother.

What ate you running for tires? I need to step up and get skinnies finally.
Weld wheels, 17" hoosiers full bias drag slicks in the back, M&h skinnies up front.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #170
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Weld wheels, 17" hoosiers full bias drag slicks in the back, M&h skinnies up front.
I have those tires in the back too. I don't think they are gonna be enough anymore. I'm seriously contemplating getting 16" Bogarts and a 28 x 14.50. That's what Teds other cars run.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #171
mws444

Quote:
I have those tires in the back too. I don't think they are gonna be enough anymore. I'm seriously contemplating getting 16" Bogarts and a 28 x 14.50. That's what Teds other cars run.
Yeah, Lingenfelter is running the 16's on thier beast as well. Hell I am up to 3 1/2 sets of tires now, what will another 1/2 set matter? But changing the rear rotors is a pain, I still like to run my car on the road course and want to give the Auto cross a little attention as well. It has always been my goal to be able to do it all with this car.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #172
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Yeah, Lingenfelter is running the 16's on thier beast as well. Hell I am up to 3 1/2 sets of tires now, what will another 1/2 set matter? But changing the rear rotors is a pain, I still like to run my car on the road course and want to give the Auto cross a little attention as well. It has always been my goal to be able to do it all with this car.

I hear ya. I dont want to have to change brakes either if I dont need to. Hell, I still want to run my stock 20's up front but at 130mph+ bias on the rear, radials in the front, feels deadly. I don't have much of an option anymore.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #173
mws444

Quote:
I hear ya. I dont want to have to change brakes either if I dont need to. Hell, I still want to run my stock 20's up front but at 130mph+ bias on the rear, radials in the front, feels deadly. I don't have much of an option anymore.
Skinnies up front will also save a lot of weight, and help transfer more weight to the rear. Our biggest problem with these cars is their weight.....we have to shove two tons down the track.
I must admit however.....The satisfaction of the look on the drivers of these new Rustangs face after I smoke them by multible car lengths makes it all worth while.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #174
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
I did the brake swap and if anyone wants to do autocross and road course, I wouldnt recommend the swap as it is very noticeable in difference. I swapped so I could run the 16" with skinnies up front as I just swap them on off when I am going to track and run my 20" for daily driving. I am more focused on the track and only reason I did the swap on the brakes but having a 16" in the rear makes a huge difference in being able to get a nice slick with alot more sidewall. I would really like to do a mini tub to get a taller tire but that is a big modification. Lingenfelter tubbed theirs and are running nostalgia slicks on their car.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:49 AM   #175
1meanss

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS/RS
speaking of prochargers, im getting a similar setup for my e92 M3.

too bad livernois cant do my m3 like they did my camaro, cos that would be awesome!
1meanss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:55 AM   #176
1meanss

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgard View Post
Your car is very nice.....a procharger at 8.5 would have more torque above 4000, and a maggie would have more under around 3800.

BTW....it took 18 psi for that first Procharger to get to 9's

This thread is talking about your choice to either take a maggie or a procharger for your Camaro. If we are talking about your pro-charger for a 5th gen camaro....there is no comparison between your procharger and the ones that win classes or races that you mention....those are prochargers at the top end of the PSI spectrum....not 8.5. If all procharger's could only do 15 or 20 psi....they wouldn't win those divisions or have records....just saying.
for street applications, i would want all the torque as soon as possible and for that reason, i didnt go for the procharger. my car leaps when i hammer it...now thats fun
just ask the state trooper that pulled me over if you dont believe me..hehe
1meanss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:10 PM   #177
UNRIVALED SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via Yahoo to UNRIVALED SS
My car has the auto(A6) in it. I`ve got the magnuson and I love the torque that it produces starting around the 2300 RPM range. I don`t know it you plan on a cam swap or what but, adding an aftermarket cam (MTI stage I) really woke my car up with the magnuson on it. The manual cars are making about 70 more horsepower with the mods I have. Mine dynoed 533 HP with an MTI tune on it. I would say, and I`m no expert, it`s a safe and conservative tune and combination. I expect it to be fun for a long time in the current configuration. I hope this info helps you decide, I think you`ll be happy either way, you`ve got the right hot rod to start with.
UNRIVALED SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:44 AM   #178
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1meanss View Post
for street applications, i would want all the torque as soon as possible and for that reason, i didnt go for the procharger. my car leaps when i hammer it...now thats fun
just ask the state trooper that pulled me over if you dont believe me..hehe
Look at post #35 (Maggie TQ / HP#'s), and look at my post #153. You'll notice my TQ#'s are very close to on par. with the Maggie (still some perfection tuning to do), and I basically blew away the HP#'s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNRIVALED SS View Post
My car has the auto(A6) in it. I`ve got the magnuson and I love the torque that it produces starting around the 2300 RPM range. I don`t know it you plan on a cam swap or what but, adding an aftermarket cam (MTI stage I) really woke my car up with the magnuson on it. The manual cars are making about 70 more horsepower with the mods I have. Mine dynoed 533 HP with an MTI tune on it. I would say, and I`m no expert, it`s a safe and conservative tune and combination. I expect it to be fun for a long time in the current configuration. I hope this info helps you decide, I think you`ll be happy either way, you`ve got the right hot rod to start with.
Thanks, for feedback. I made my decsion to go with the ProCharger, and I got all the TQ I could muster at 2300rpm. which is only 25lbtq. less than the Maggie on first custom tune. I'm more than sure that a few more hours of tuning would produce the extra 25lbtq., but it's not needed.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:11 PM   #179
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Look at post #35 (Maggie TQ / HP#'s), and look at my post #153. You'll notice my TQ#'s are very close to on par. with the Maggie (still some perfection tuning to do), and I basically blew away the HP#'s.

Thanks, for feedback. I made my decsion to go with the ProCharger, and I got all the TQ I could muster at 2300rpm. which is only 25lbtq. less than the Maggie on first custom tune. I'm more than sure that a few more hours of tuning would produce the extra 25lbtq., but it's not needed.
Now enjoy that Beast! Welcome to the FI side!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #180
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Now enjoy that Beast! Welcome to the FI side!
Thanks man. You're numbers are very impressive as well. How are you liking the 3.73's. I can't decide if gears are really necessary at this point.
Thinking a 3.90 though.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:46 PM   #181
Skeetrz

Drives: 2010 IOM rs/ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKERIS View Post
I have had my maggie for almost a year now and love it.

I am concervative...6 pound boost with 460rwhp
I have the exact same Polished Maggie and have headers with cat back exaust getting right at 550rwhp. No more polished from Magnuson.
Skeetrz is offline   Reply With Quote