Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-26-2015, 11:07 PM   #1
KevHao

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ss/RS LS3 6MT
Need Help! Will this be a total loss?

Hey guys. Yesterday I was involved in an accident. My Camaro SS was hit by someone while I was stationary in traffic. Here are some pics of my Camaro before it's towed.

Sorry for poor pic quality. My question is that will my Camaro be a total loss? Both sides airbags were deployed. The sunroof looks out of its position but I am not sure if there a distort on the top of the car. If it can be repaired as a excellent condition I would continually modify it and drive it happily. But I am afraid about if that's possible.
I miss my Camaro so much. Hope everyone can be lucky and drive safe.

Thank you
Kevin
KevHao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:08 PM   #2
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Nope: Can be fixed.
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:19 PM   #3
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Not sure if it is repairable or not, glad you are ok though.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:26 PM   #4
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Glad you're OK; don't know if it will be totaled or not, some insurance companies will try to total it if air bags are deployed... might have to argue with them.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:30 PM   #5
Mluisi

Drives: Red-Hot
Glad your ok. Like the previous post that may be the case. But if they're willing to pay you in full for the vehicle just get another one. Unfortunately even if it were all fixed up your going to run into some minor problems just from the impact. My okd car alway went out of alignment from impact
Mluisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:57 PM   #6
charles71

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Holy smokes Batman! Lucky to walk away from that one are we? Had a friend that was an auto insurance agent and he gave me the low down on how this works. Kinda dosent matter if the car is repairable or not. If the insurance co. thinks that they will spend more fixing it than the car is worth then its declared a total loss but if they fix it then they wil be really anal about any future accident claims and will declare it a total loss then and or raise your rates so high that you drop them because they don't want the possibility of you getting hurt or hurting someone else due to the integrity/safety of the vehicle. The question is would you still want it? If I cant drive my car away then I don't want it anymore. It just never feels right after that and if your roof is out of alignment they will total it. take the $$$ and try to buy it back if they let you. A carbon fiber roof is in your future. Good luck.
Livernois Stage II Heads & Cam, LS7 Lifters, Ported Intake & Throttle Body, Rotofab CAI, BBK High Flow Fuel Rail @ Guage, Eaton Tru Trac Posi with 3.91 gears, 1000 HP Axels, Kooks Long tubes & full Corsa Exhaust, GM Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Mcleod RXT Twin Disc, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 1.5" Lowering Springs, Strut Tower Brace, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, Apex reservoir relocation kit and air scoop.
charles71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:45 AM   #7
Rahjeir

Drives: 2014 1LT w/RS Summit White
Since he is the one who got hit, its the other person's insurance company who's paying the bill.

If the frame is bent, they will total it.
Rahjeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:25 AM   #8
Forcer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Looks repairable, since it did not hit the front or rear most likely frame is fine, and no engine damage.. basically door, inner B pillar, and quarter panel etc.. airbags, def fixable.
Forcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:51 AM   #9
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Looks like the sunroof was knock out of position. Could be a roof problem!!
Old 09-27-2015, 02:44 AM   #10
MoCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Camaro
Got hit in the same spot last year. Even with mine being 4 years old, they still repaired it. I will say that if they do repair yours, double check the gap by the fender and the rubber seals around the door/window. I had to send mine back to the shop after the first rain. Also, if your seat airbag went off, make sure they replace the headrest with both buttons, I had to take mine off with an allen key since they just put a generic cover over with no button on one side.
MoCamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:25 AM   #11
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Glad you are alright, especially being hit on the driver side.

The car may be repaired but, for me it will never be right.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:39 AM   #12
Jimmy Hot-Wheels

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition 2SS/RS
Ouch! Nice to know your Camaro kept you safe. I would definitely say your insurance company will OK the repair, but unfortunately you're car will never be the same.
Jimmy Hot-Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:54 AM   #13
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Oh man so sorry bro.. like others glad you are ok.. that was one heck of a hit. Good thing it is a car and either way will be replaced or repaired. Hard to tell from the pics it could go either way depending on the value and thinking most likely repaired given that. Best of luck please do keep us posted.
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:06 AM   #14
norf

Drives: 2023 2LT RS
I would push for a total loss and walk away with a check. Sure they can repair it but the chances of it being 100% back to pre-accident is very low. Also when its time to trade it in or sell it you will have problems. The first thing a dealer does is run a car fax. As soon as they see its been in a major accident they will offer you thousands less than if the car was never in an accident or they may not even accept it as a trade. If you have minor injuries you can use that as leverage to get what you want. I know you are attached to the car but I would recommend starting over with a new ride.

good luck and i am glad you are ok.

Edit:

It looks from the pics that the front fender and hood are intact. So you will need a door, rear qtr panel work and airbags. the big question is how bad the unibody was bent and out of alignment. The sunroof is ajar but the roof does not look buckled. I am gonna say that is repairable. Car is worth around 20k +/- and we are looking at 7-8k in damage. That is my best guess.

Last edited by norf; 09-27-2015 at 08:26 AM.
norf is offline   Reply With Quote