Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-23-2018, 08:17 PM   #127
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SannerRacing View Post
The abs block,fuel regulator ,hob switch and flex fuel sensor all fit in here. And yes the cabin filter goes back in.
I lol'd at this. My fuel pressure regulator is also in there.... We lost my A/C so no big deal on cabin air filters....

Quote:
Trying to get a vid uploaded but it won't let me. So here's anther boring pic of it now.
Yeah, thats boring as hell.... lol.Beautiful build...

Quote:
Makes my old Maggie setup child's play!
I know of a former Maggie owner... Couldn't convince them of the Turbo power... This person swore the maggie was better off the line due to "grunt." Ok... Ask your builder for a ride in his turbo car.... She sold the Maggie and bought a twins set up....

Quote:
Pretty sure the one bolt didn't cause the issue but where's there one lose bolt. Well!
Damn.... 50 miles.... Sounds like a "big bad" fuel pump I was told to use.... It lasted 7 hours.... Completely died, sent it back, had it rebuilt and sold it to someone else....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 427 View Post
Thanks. I have blue exhaust smoke shortly after start up that goes away after warm up. Precision Turbo recommends better crankcase venting. It's worth a try, I guess...
I run 15 to 20 inches of vacuum in my crankcase and have no smoke at all.... I have a very low PSI check valve to keep the vacuum from getting too excessive....

Quote:
Here's a pic of the new injector harnesses. Way better than the factory one! Trans is back in so soon will hit the track and get some numbers.
Thats a nice harness..... Mine is built about the same but uses net style wire loom as a sleeve....

Quote:
O And let me tell you 3rd gear is where it's at wow! After the 9.91 run I had to slow down and work on my 1/8 mile cause I only have enough cage for 9.99.
Third gear is where it happens on my car as well.... First and second is a waste of time trying to get traction, and so my traction control is pulling lots of timing and boost as well..... But in third, starting at bout 140 mph.... holy hell, hang the "F" on....

Quote:
Well made it back to the track with a better set up for grip. That landed me in the hot seat with tech since I'm only teched for 9.99 and got told to not come back until it's right. I was just trying to work on the launch and letting off at the 1000ft mark but no deal. So now I'm grounded till a save up some cash. This run wasn't even that great on the bottom side but it know the car was hooking better but trusting it to take more is my problem.
Nice Pass... Cage it and let her rip...

I saw your comment about your fuel mileage.... I make just over 3 mpg on the street if I keep my foot out of it.... and five or so gallons to the mile at WOT... Expensive damned hobby....

You've managed a beautiful build.... Very Nicely done....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:27 AM   #128
SannerRacing

Drives: 2010 1SS RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I lol'd at this. My fuel pressure regulator is also in there.... We lost my A/C so no big deal on cabin air filters....

Yeah, thats boring as hell.... lol.Beautiful build...

I know of a former Maggie owner... Couldn't convince them of the Turbo power... This person swore the maggie was better off the line due to "grunt." Ok... Ask your builder for a ride in his turbo car.... She sold the Maggie and bought a twins set up....

Damn.... 50 miles.... Sounds like a "big bad" fuel pump I was told to use.... It lasted 7 hours.... Completely died, sent it back, had it rebuilt and sold it to someone else....

I run 15 to 20 inches of vacuum in my crankcase and have no smoke at all.... I have a very low PSI check valve to keep the vacuum from getting too excessive....

Thats a nice harness..... Mine is built about the same but uses net style wire loom as a sleeve....

Third gear is where it happens on my car as well.... First and second is a waste of time trying to get traction, and so my traction control is pulling lots of timing and boost as well..... But in third, starting at bout 140 mph.... holy hell, hang the "F" on....

Nice Pass... Cage it and let her rip...

I saw your comment about your fuel mileage.... I make just over 3 mpg on the street if I keep my foot out of it.... and five or so gallons to the mile at WOT... Expensive damned hobby....

You've managed a beautiful build.... Very Nicely done....
Thanks it's great hearing from a been there done that kinda guy like you.

Forged LS3 416ci, Maggie TVS2300 @ 13lbs boost, McCleod twin disc clutch, GForce 1320 nine-inch 389 gear ratio, Hurst line-lock, 750 whp 700 wtq
SannerRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:01 PM   #129
SannerRacing

Up and running once again

Still chasing a vibration so here's the up date. Two different drive shafts,tires on tires off and now a new converter. And guess what it wasn't the converter!Oh and that's my new love there in the back ground!
Attached Images

Forged LS3 416ci, Maggie TVS2300 @ 13lbs boost, McCleod twin disc clutch, GForce 1320 nine-inch 389 gear ratio, Hurst line-lock, 750 whp 700 wtq
Old 06-06-2019, 10:39 AM   #130
SannerRacing

Vibrations

Anybody else out there with a driveline vibration after going to a one pice drive shaft and 4l80e transmission? Right where cruising speed is you can feel it and definitely under boost in the same rpm band. Thanks for any info

Old 06-06-2019, 10:43 AM   #131
graf101
Trouble_SM

Drives: 17' Summit White ZL1
Yes, I tend to get it from time to time.
graf101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:07 AM   #132
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggFoot View Post
Holy Ch*t

Not only will it be a work of art, it's going to be a freeking BEAST!!
A 2017 post come true
Kooks LT Headers and full 3" exhaust
Fore Triple Pump Fuel System with ID 1700X Injectors - E85 conversion

DSS 9” Conversion (1400 hp axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange 3.70 gears
McLeod RXT Twin HD Clutch & Upgraded Slave
RPM Level VII
TR6060
BMR Drag Suspension Package w/Strange shocks
Carlyle 15" and M/T ET Street R radials
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote