Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #71
THR ZL1 #1
Perma Grinning

Drives: 2012 Tom Henry Racing ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianZL1#992 View Post
. . . here's another, the shop had to modify the bracket to fit but it looks great, is solid, I've had no issues, there is just enough room to unscrew the can to empty it

LOL . . Canadian Z . . must be a beyotch to store the car upside down . .
Old 06-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #72
CanadianZL1#992
ANGRY Z

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by THR ZL1 #1 View Post
LOL . . Canadian Z . . must be a beyotch to store the car upside down . .
Pictures are right side up on my iPad are they screwed up??. Sorry lol
Old 06-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #73
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I've seen and heard nothing but nightmares from folks that went through RX. The people I hang with have quit doing business with them, and have gone else where to get issues resolved the right way.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #74

Drives: Getaway Special
WORKMANSHIP WHISTLEBLOWER!!

That's what is missing from many products and services. Many consumers are taken for granted. It is good to see when "workmanship" exceeds expectations or when it does not. If we never let a supplier know what we expect or who we share our experiences with ..... well, let me just say....

Protect our Whistleblowers! They keep everybody honest.

This is a product review not a political statement -- Now, JBOTTA, help us connect the dots on this will ya?

Cheers!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #75
WindyCityPilot

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS
I ordered a Rx Catch Can...waited over a month and was told it would be shipping about 3 different times......finally switched my order to an Elite Catch Can. The Elite was at my door within a week. Love the Elite....looks awesome and works great. 2,000 miles of hard driving and my intake is clean as the day I took delivery.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #76
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
I have yet to see a thread like this about the Elite CC, or many other venders on C5. My Elite can was at my doorstep in a week, and I love it.. The build quality is second to none as well..

I find it funny how RX went from hero to zero with the peeps on this forum though..

I know ACC gets it's fair share of threads like this, and I have had nothing but good luck with them, I haven't even had to call them about an issue..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
Old 06-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #77
jbotta

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
That's what is missing from many products and services. Many consumers are taken for granted. It is good to see when "workmanship" exceeds expectations or when it does not. If we never let a supplier know what we expect or who we share our experiences with ..... well, let me just say....

Protect our Whistleblowers! They keep everybody honest.

This is a product review not a political statement -- Now, JBOTTA, help us connect the dots on this will ya?

Cheers!
What i was hoping to say is how awesome the can looked on this forum, Hate to be negative but it has to be said so maybe it can make it better for the next guy.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #78
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotta View Post
Yes it came from rx, I'm starting to call now to see what happens.
I know it is an RX can, but your statement isn't clear to me. Did it come directly from RX or did it come from RX to JDP and then to you?

Either way, JDP should still be contacted as I'm sure they would want to know any issues their customers are having with the products they sell.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
Old 06-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #79
Asanti

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Why don't I see any response from Rx on this tread? Did I just not see it?
Old 06-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #80
jbotta

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Just talked to RX, They are going to take care of me, Will post more in a couple of days, Will take pics of the new can. Should have another can the color of my car in a couple of days, This should help others who are waiting for there cans that they are flawless before being shipped out. Stay tuned to see what the next can looks like. The person who looks at these cans now better stand up to the plate because the rx name is taking the hit. Irene was very nice on the phone and she knows whats at stake. Stay tuned, Sorry you guys had to here me bitch but im better now. Thanks to all the forum members here we are a really tight group. Thanks for all the input you guys are all awesome, ( for those about to rock) Thank you,,,,, joe
Old 06-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #81
Asanti

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
I see that Elite Engineering is mentioned in this thread but I don't see a catch can on their website for the ZL1 or the LSA engine. I also don't see any contact info like email or phone numbers on their website. I must be going crazy. Maybe "going" is the wrong word.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #82
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
I own no RX products, and have no immediate plans to buy any. However, my observations from the forum chatter are this:

Tracy/RX obviously attracted a lot of customers due to good quality parts, and service after the sale. I haven't wholly agreed with his sales pitch tactics, but that's a whole different issue.

That said, it appears that he is in over his head (more business than he can handle at the moment). I believe the OP's crappy finish and incorrect bracket are a result of trying to rush an order. Quality always suffers when the process is rushed. Always.

Now that the OP has contacted him for resolution (which should have been step 1), it's reasonable to expect that Tracy will make things right.

Where Tracy seems to go wrong is trying to defend himself. It always ends up with him looking like a defensive prick. The proper thing to do would be to come on to the forum, apologize to the OP and members, then state what realistic expectations should be for these orders and what was done to resolve the issue with the op. No more, no less.

Good luck to OP and RX.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #83
BlackZL1
BLACK ZL1

Drives: Dodge 3500, 2012 ZL1 VIN#371
I would have gone with the RX can but the lead time was crazy plus, I wanted a better mounting bracket then one that mounts to the plastic on the radiator so I made my own. to make them right it takes a lot of machine time, that's why I believe the long lead time.
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #84
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotta View Post
Just talked to RX, They are going to take care of me, Will post more in a couple of days, Will take pics of the new can. Should have another can the color of my car in a couple of days, This should help others who are waiting for there cans that they are flawless before being shipped out. Stay tuned to see what the next can looks like. The person who looks at these cans now better stand up to the plate because the rx name is taking the hit. Irene was very nice on the phone and she knows whats at stake. Stay tuned, Sorry you guys had to here me bitch but im better now. Thanks to all the forum members here we are a really tight group. Thanks for all the input you guys are all awesome, ( for those about to rock) Thank you,,,,, joe
Great to hear, hope everything gets straightened out.

Closed Thread