Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
zl1rj

Drives: 2013 ZL1
ZL1 condensation in front turn signals

So, my car has 1500 miles now after the first heaavy storm in sfla i noticed heavy condensation inside both turn signals. A friend in his v6 camaro had non. We laughed about this being a 60k + pos. I called the dealer they had me send pictures of the condensation. After waiting for a day they called me back and stated that GM put out a bulletin saying that water and condensation is normal in many GM vehicles do to a vented light design and some other BS. After a few not so nice words by me they might order them as a courtesy?? WTF.. anyone have a similar issue this is my 13th vehicle. never has condensation been normal on a car...
zl1rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:15 AM   #2
RedWingsZL1

Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
I've seen condensation on numerous GM vehicles I've owned. I don't know if this design is different, but all those had holes on the backside of them inside the engine bay, easy place for moisture to condense. Hope they replace them for you if thats what you want, otherwise I wouldn't be concerned about it.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #3
jsd

Drives: 2012 ZL 1 #370
this is normal, i had it on my ss, and i have it on my zl1. when its a little bit colder, it makes condenswater between the heat of the engine and the outside temperature. all other camaros i know in switzerland, have this to. my viper have the same.
jsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:06 AM   #4
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Condensation is caused by a bad seal, and is covered under warranty. Had one of my tail lights replaced about four months a go.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1rj View Post
So, my car has 1500 miles now after the first heaavy storm in sfla i noticed heavy condensation inside both turn signals. A friend in his v6 camaro had non. We laughed about this being a 60k + pos. I called the dealer they had me send pictures of the condensation. After waiting for a day they called me back and stated that GM put out a bulletin saying that water and condensation is normal in many GM vehicles do to a vented light design and some other BS. After a few not so nice words by me they might order them as a courtesy?? WTF.. anyone have a similar issue this is my 13th vehicle. never has condensation been normal on a car...
zl1rj,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Did you take the dealer up on the offer?

Please keep us posted.

Louis (assisting Brandon)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 10-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #6
Mobyd

Drives: 2010 White 2SS/RS,01 F150 SuperCrew
http://youtu.be/gS1RIyR6uW8
Old 10-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
noah677
Account Suspended

Drives: White Zl1
What is really normal about this --and I keep harping on this point--is the dealer attitude. This response is soooo common. U cannot get anything done at these dealers without having a fit, raising your blood pressure, ruining your day and most often not getting what you need. This why most everyone dreads taking their coveted car in. I WONDER WHY THE BM "helpers" never pop up over terribly common issue
noah677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #8
BlackZL1
BLACK ZL1

Drives: Dodge 3500, 2012 ZL1 VIN#371
I have a 1989 GMC jimmy with a hole in it from a rock, the light is half full of water and still works great, in fact.. it's the only light I have not replaced on the truck. who would guess..Hahaha
Old 10-25-2013, 02:36 AM   #9
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah677 View Post
What is really normal about this --and I keep harping on this point--is the dealer attitude. This response is soooo common. U cannot get anything done at these dealers without having a fit, raising your blood pressure, ruining your day and most often not getting what you need. This why most everyone dreads taking their coveted car in. I WONDER WHY THE BM "helpers" never pop up over terribly common issue
Before your blood pressure rises, just tell them you will contact Chevrolet Customer Service. They always offer to help here on the forum, and I would expect even the mention of that to the dealer will get things going.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #10
qniknam
Account Suspended

Drives: 13 ZL1 | 13 SRT GC | 13 SRT CHARGER
my 2013 SRT Jeep had the same thing when it was brand new. Haven't seen that shit since, I assume you wont have a problemwith it either.
qniknam is offline   Reply With Quote