Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Mild to wild used backwards ?

I thought that the mild to wild on the ZL1 worked like on the older vettes having a 3 way position,but it has only a 2 way. which i believed the exhaust could be closed at idle which is why I wanted it.
I have older parents and my mother is coming into town,and would like to be able to keep the exhaust closed and quiet. All the mods i have the aren't a big deal as far as power vs comfort and drive-ability but its just way too loud having long tube headers and off road pipes.Even when it had high flows on it was still pretty loud. Which i enjoy the heck out of it. Is there anyone that has done this or thinks it would work and can tell me how to do it ?
I was just thinking maybe if the wiring for the controller was hooked up in reverse order it would close it instead of opening,the only thing i am concern about is maybe causing a drain on the system which leads to a dead battery &
Old 11-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
The one I have from ADM is default closed at all start ups you have to open them to get nasty!! Works great even though my neighbors all have loud vehicles. I'm still king of the block in the noise department when I wanna be though.
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I remember you saying, you weren't driving the car and were selling it ? You seem to be all over the place with this car, and unable to make a solid decision. IMO
Old 11-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
I thought that the mild to wild on the ZL1 worked like on the older vettes having a 3 way position,but it has only a 2 way. which i believed the exhaust could be closed at idle which is why I wanted it.
I have older parents and my mother is coming into town,and would like to be able to keep the exhaust closed and quiet. All the mods i have the aren't a big deal as far as power vs comfort and drive-ability but its just way too loud having long tube headers and off road pipes.Even when it had high flows on it was still pretty loud. Which i enjoy the heck out of it. Is there anyone that has done this or thinks it would work and can tell me how to do it ?
I was just thinking maybe if the wiring for the controller was hooked up in reverse order it would close it instead of opening,the only thing i am concern about is maybe causing a drain on the system which leads to a dead battery &
the Zl1's flaps work a little different so there is nobody out that offers what your asking.

there is open all the time / stock. then there is closed all the time open all the time (adm sells the mod)

now that being said I know there would be a way to build a circuit that does what your asking in theroy I just have not seen anybody offer it yet.

when I add my headers I will proabably order the adm kit. Right now I just built my own mild to wild for $18 but I never close the flaps with cats on car is so quite to me even with fuse pulled what is the point. I though it would be louder so I ordered the parts to be able to close the faps if I wanted too.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
ADM's version is closed all the time and factory mode, not open all the time. I wish it were that way, as to me that is perfect!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
hognutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
ADM's version is closed all the time and factory mode, not open all the time. I wish it were that way, as to me that is perfect!!!
then it seems like it would be easy to add on a electric relay or switch that just cuts power in series with the ADM kit.

with no power flaps are open all the time.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
Old 11-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
gen=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I remember you saying, you weren't driving the car and were selling it ? You seem to be all over the place with this car, and unable to make a solid decision. IMO
I said i was thinking of selling it,asking questions,on the fence and the point is ? I still have only driven it the 3 times,heck does it matter what i choose to do with the car,its my money,and its paid for ?
You not one of those people either waiting or enjoy being negative ? I hope not be happy!
If you must know,Its not about the money as i said its paid for from day one,and if i would like to make it enjoyable for my mother and her sister to be in it while they come to see me,it should not really matter to anyone else ?
I may decide to go stick a 1000hp turbo in it .Then either have someone else drive or drive it only 2 more times myself then remove and sell it,and check it off my bucket list. I am not sure why I am even answering other than to try to be polite.HAVE A GOOD DAY ! I am asking advise about keeping it quiet do you have good advise on that ? thank you..
Old 11-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
gen=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyZL-1 View Post
The one I have from ADM is default closed at all start ups you have to open them to get nasty!! Works great even though my neighbors all have loud vehicles. I'm still king of the block in the noise department when I wanna be though.
Perfect thats what I am looking for,i dont need or really want open all the time as the factory does that when its needed....If your flying by its open over 3ooo rpm,and closed at start and under 1000rpm.. thank you,this is why I ask so many questions!!!!!!!!! I will call them now..
Old 11-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #9
gen=5

I looked on their website and its not on there or even a parts list for the ZL-1 I was not able to read anything about the kit they sell >but i did find a thread that showed it selling for $199., has anyone used the Exhaust Commander One Button from sunset orange creations they state on their site it does the same thing but its priced the same as the mild to wild 79.99 although it doesnt work like the mild to wild like the adm version ?

Last edited by gen=5; 11-05-2013 at 03:37 PM.
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #10
hognutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
I looked on their website and its not on there or even a parts list for the ZL-1 I was not able to read anything about the kit they sell >but i did find a thread that showed it selling for $199., has anyone used the Exhaust Commander One Button from sunset orange creations they state on their site it does the same thing but its priced the same as the mild to wild 79.99 although it doesnt work like the mild to wild like the adm version ?
you have to PM ADM or call them. they make it and had a group buy for less than $199 if I remeber right.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294156&page=2

here was the group buy thread.

I would call sunset. it looks simple so it make me think it would operate like stock/open.

the computer uses engine rpm to determine the flap closure so any system that closes the flaps permanatly is going to have to remove that function.

the mild to wild and susnset ones just seem over priced to me . they just charge you $80 for a $15 remote relay. some will gladly pay it but I think it cost me $18 to build my own off amazon Pn's are in the diy.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
Old 11-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #11
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Get the ADM set up.
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #12
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
I thought you were selling the car?
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #13
RED HT5
HEADTURNER™®©COTW 12/9/13

Drives: WHITE SS
NOWEEDS...wud hav taken care of ur problem...u can open or close them wen ever u want...driving...idling... Car off or on...u can even set how open u want ur diverters to b...
Old 11-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #14
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
So I've got headers, high flow cats, and the fuse pulled, off topic a little I know.

Anyway, was driving my mom around one day and she was on the phone "Bit****g" at me about the noise. Literally yelling for me to stay off the gas. I was in heavy, heavy traffic. I literally almost pulled into the grass and slammed on the brakes to get her to shut up. She just couldn't get that there was not one single thing I could have done about it at that moment.

So I guess I feel your pain, but I'm always happy the way it is now, just that one occasion that was an issue. As far as my neighbors, the guy next door commented the other day about it. But I was signing a petition in his favor and he has a hot rodded truck, two doors down the other way that guy has a Harley with some beef, guy across the street has a CTS(not a V), anyway, I'm in pretty good company.

(Shh, I didn't mention the other house directly next door, it's full of sorority girls, I'm not joking.)