Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-01-2018, 11:54 AM   #57
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Would love to see the fix for this. Both of my sides are messed up but they are both messed up the exact same amount so it looks like it was made that way.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:27 AM   #58
Herewego

Drives: 2018 2SS
Had the rear end groan so I decided (against my better judgement) to have the dealer fix it...and while I was there do the free oil change before I store it for winter. BIG MISTAKE! My dealer is pretty good but I really didn't want them to touch my car, but I wanted the groan issue on record too. I've already done two oil changes myself just to avoid them.

I even asked them previously if they use the pinch welds and not lift by the rockers. The service writer said "we do these cars all the time, and corvettes too. We know what we're doing". NOT

When it was done, I walked out to my car and found this!

Name:  fullsizeoutput_254f.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  210.0 KB

I was so friggin pissed. I even showed him the round mark underneath where the lift was placed right under the fender. They fixed it, but in the end, tried to tell me it was "body flex". What BS. Couldn't admit that they botched it. They were perfect when I dropped it off, and the fix is about 95% right but I don't have the time to spend on the last 5% that you wouldn't see unless you really looked for it.

You can see the round mark left by the lift on the rocker panel, right under the fender. They still try to tell me they lifted it correctly.

Name:  IMG_1061.JPG
Views: 750
Size:  341.7 KB

Last edited by Herewego; 11-08-2018 at 07:46 AM.
Herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:56 AM   #59
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herewego View Post
Had the rear end groan so I decided (against my better judgement) to have the dealer fix it...and while I was there do the free oil change before I store it for winter. BIG MISTAKE! My dealer is pretty good but I really didn't want them to touch my car, but I wanted the groan issue on record too. I've already done two oil changes myself just to avoid them.

I even asked them previously if they use the pinch welds and not lift by the rockers. The service writer said "we do these cars all the time, and corvettes too. We know what we're doing". NOT

When it was done, I walked out to my car and found this!

Attachment 963132

I was so friggin pissed. I even showed him the round mark underneath where the lift was placed right under the fender. They fixed it, but in the end, tried to tell me it was "body flex". What BS. Couldn't admit that they botched it. They were perfect when I dropped it off, and the fix is about 95% right but I don't have the time to spend on the last 5% that you wouldn't see unless you really looked for it.

You can see the round mark left by the lift on the rocker panel, right under the fender. They still try to tell me they lifted it correctly.

Attachment 963134
Both of my sides are messed up, not sure which shop did it.. it’s been this way for over 2 years, I see handful of people saying they got it fixed... but not a single person has described the actual FIX process, no pics or videos detailing what needed to be pushed/pulled/loosened/tightened, etc.

I’ll ask you the same question, hopefully we get a response that will help others...

1) How exactly does this get fixed??
2) any pics of how it looks after having it 95% fixed?
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:54 PM   #60
Herewego

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
Both of my sides are messed up, not sure which shop did it.. it’s been this way for over 2 years, I see handful of people saying they got it fixed... but not a single person has described the actual FIX process, no pics or videos detailing what needed to be pushed/pulled/loosened/tightened, etc.

I’ll ask you the same question, hopefully we get a response that will help others...

1) How exactly does this get fixed??
2) any pics of how it looks after having it 95% fixed?
Not sure what they did. Took it into the body shop and I'm thinking they simply pushed/pulled to get it back in line. I still have an open issue with the dealership because I'm anal about my car and want it back to where it was. It's stored for the winter and I'll be going back in the spring so they can take another crack at it. They did mention that they also adjusted the passenger door a bit. Sorry, can't figure out how to flip the pics.

Name:  IMG_1067.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  199.5 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by Herewego; 12-29-2018 at 05:28 PM.
Herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:28 PM   #61
Luis19SS

Drives: 2019 SS A10
Bringing this thread back, any of you get it fixed?
Black 2019 SS A10, MBRP Exhuast, Soler performance Ported Throttlebody, Cold Air Inductions CAI, BMR equipped, Stance SFO7 on nitto NT555G2 tires, Limited Edition White Racing Seats, ZL1 1LE Splitter, Carbon Sideskirts, Gorilla Splitters areo kit, Next Gen Speed Diffuser, JWmotorsports LED side markers

Luis19SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:25 PM   #62
monSSter

Drives: 2017 SS
I took my car in for the power steering recall and an oil change. Got it back with this issue. I brought it to my service advisors attention, And he got his manger involved. Not entirely sure what they did to fix it. But they gave me a loaner and 3 days later I had my car back with the issue fixed.