Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 11-27-2015, 04:07 AM   #29
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Yes I know I know, old thread... However I have questions as the battery demons have paid a visit to me for the first time ever since 2010.

1. Is the Ac Delco battery in this car the factory battery?

2. If its is original, running it through the deep plate cycle cleaner technology on our tenders/chargers my pop sells, might not be enough to bring it back since it would be about 6 years then by my estimate, So question is how long have you guys gotten outta of the Delco battery.
3. And thirdly is it hard to find direct replacement with vented inlets for the breather tube?

Thanks

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 06:16 AM   #30
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
Yes I know I know, old thread... However I have questions as the battery demons have paid a visit to me for the first time ever since 2010.

1. Is the Ac Delco battery in this car the factory battery?

2. If its is original, running it through the deep plate cycle cleaner technology on our tenders/chargers my pop sells, might not be enough to bring it back since it would be about 6 years then by my estimate, So question is how long have you guys gotten outta of the Delco battery.
3. And thirdly is it hard to find direct replacement with vented inlets for the breather tube?

Thanks

Breathing is so 90s, get an AGM.

Props to Duracell for giving me this

Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 12:28 PM   #31
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I hadn't been back to this thread in a while, but it looks like Optima Jim is trying to challenge me on the crappy Optima batteries I purchased. The trick is, I bought Optimas for my 2002 Camaros and my truck, and the truck was my DD and the other Optimas were ALWAYS fully charged with automatic trickle charges. And they still went bad quickly. I don't mean within weeks, but way short of even remote expected battery life. The only thing I changed in the equation was going to DieHard batteries and my battery issues went away and I got great service from the DieHards. Still kept the same battery tenders. So now how can that be explained away? I never abuse batteries. So my only conclusion after eliminating the other possibilities is the Optima batteries are not the same quality any more. And I won't buy them.

If their quality is back, then someone needs to prove it to me. Until then, I'm not buying it. Figuratively and literally.

As a preventive measure, I bought a DieHard AGM for the 2010 since the original was going on 5 years old last year, and it's been consistently been maintained the same way and is performing wonderfully as expected so far. No complaints.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 01:43 PM   #32
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
So the final word here was Interstate battery?
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 02:15 PM   #33
bruce m

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Needing 2nd battery

2010 SS. L99

I have replaced the factory GM battery with a like for like 5 years ago. Battery tender on over the winter months. This year the battery is weak and will need replacement. 135000 Km on the clock.

I will not be replacing with a GM battery due to a 295.00 price tag from my dealer WITH good guy discount and a crap 50 month warranty.

Have researched Kirkland branded Costco batteries and they offer the best warranty in the business. I have installed their batteries in my other vehicles as recommended in other vehicle forums. Value for money they are superior and I have absolutely no complaints.

Hope this is helpful.
Cheers.
bruce m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:33 PM   #34
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
????? seems to still be up in the air!!

Tags
wrong subforum