Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

View Poll Results: have you been pulled over in your camaro yet?
Yes, and it was a very legitimate reason too (speeding, running red light, etc.) 101 25.70%
Yes, and it was a pretty cheap and lousy reason (no license plate, car was too loud, etc.) 75 19.08%
No, I have not been pulled over 217 55.22%
Voters: 393. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #29
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantconvertible View Post
nice! lol

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #30
DuhKoDuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian52682 View Post
Keeping my military ID in front of my drivers license works wonders. Granted, I got out of the Marines 5 years ago but still... LOL
lmao! nice and thanks for your service :flag2:

Old 10-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #31
Mr.Maro23

Drives: 2010 2lt chevy camaro
well well well! lmao yesterday getting out of work just installed my typhoon intake on my 2010 yellow camaro on my way home was taking it easy and slow when i got to this lonely road took advantage & stepped on it hard sounded and felt amazing little did i know i c this big car with flashing lights far from me coming towards me i freaked and said damn got caught but how i have a cobra radar didnt even beep? Got pulled over cop comes to my window laughing literally out loud and says to me man got u good jajajaja got u man i was like good job officer i just installed and intake and was trying to feel the difference! cop says well it does work fine caught u going 90 on a 40 im like wow u r right officer i was going 90 so he asks me for my license and registration. I asked him if i can get a warning he says now that u asked me for a warning im going to give u a ticket im like ahh man he leaves and laughs im thinking what an ass right like i was pissed at this officer for laughing at me dude! i call my wife told her what happenned shes pissed im pissed cop is laughing at me it was the worst day ever lmao all of a sudden another officer arrives at scene 2 young guys they start talking and they are both laughing and looking at me i was ready to get out and tell em off!!! ok ok they come over to my window both with smurks on their face and ask me yo what size rims u got 22"s im like what yeah 22"s he told me the right size of the tires i had and all i was confused so he comes out and yells laughing and says dude im not gonna give u a ticket im ****ing with you im liker u serious i thought he was kidding but no he gave me my license and reg and said nice car man i have a mustang but im starting to like the camaro a lot im like yeah well heres my buss card i work for maroone chev of west dade come by sometime and ill make u a great deal on a new camaro he said sure ill call you! and finishes with ohh those radars dont work anymore we upgraded to lazers so the radars wont pick up the guns im like thanks for that info officer and took of with the biggest smile in the whole wide world man it was awesome theres actually cool ass cops out there wee need more of them!!! Bumblee bee rewards me again
Mr.Maro23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #32
BVaughan77
American Muscle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6
I have been driving sports cars all my life and I have been pulled over in all of them! Except for the Camaro, which is by far the fastest. I guess I have learned how the cops operate and when to drive fast and when not to.

Mods: Cold Air Inductions, MTI, Kooks, Borla, Ported and polished TB, Custom Dyno Tune, NGK, Hypertech, PFADT, BMR, DSS, JRE, Hurst, SLP, black out bowties.

GM sure did their homework on the new camaro! I just wish it had better visibility...

"HP sells cars, Torque wins races." -Shelby

"There is no replacement for displacement."
BVaughan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #33
DuhKoDuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Maro23 View Post
well well well! lmao yesterday getting out of work just installed my typhoon intake on my 2010 yellow camaro on my way home was taking it easy and slow when i got to this lonely road took advantage & stepped on it hard sounded and felt amazing little did i know i c this big car with flashing lights far from me coming towards me i freaked and said damn got caught but how i have a cobra radar didnt even beep? Got pulled over cop comes to my window laughing literally out loud and says to me man got u good jajajaja got u man i was like good job officer i just installed and intake and was trying to feel the difference! cop says well it does work fine caught u going 90 on a 40 im like wow u r right officer i was going 90 so he asks me for my license and registration. I asked him if i can get a warning he says now that u asked me for a warning im going to give u a ticket im like ahh man he leaves and laughs im thinking what an ass right like i was pissed at this officer for laughing at me dude! i call my wife told her what happenned shes pissed im pissed cop is laughing at me it was the worst day ever lmao all of a sudden another officer arrives at scene 2 young guys they start talking and they are both laughing and looking at me i was ready to get out and tell em off!!! ok ok they come over to my window both with smurks on their face and ask me yo what size rims u got 22"s im like what yeah 22"s he told me the right size of the tires i had and all i was confused so he comes out and yells laughing and says dude im not gonna give u a ticket im ****ing with you im liker u serious i thought he was kidding but no he gave me my license and reg and said nice car man i have a mustang but im starting to like the camaro a lot im like yeah well heres my buss card i work for maroone chev of west dade come by sometime and ill make u a great deal on a new camaro he said sure ill call you! and finishes with ohh those radars dont work anymore we upgraded to lazers so the radars wont pick up the guns im like thanks for that info officer and took of with the biggest smile in the whole wide world man it was awesome theres actually cool ass cops out there wee need more of them!!! Bumblee bee rewards me again
good detail! and wow thats awesome, thats how id be! ahahah.. so does any radar detector pick them up?

Old 10-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #34
The_Bosnian_Synergy

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark5thGenGirl View Post
I've been pulled over, yes. Once the night I got it for driving like a bat out of hell, the other time just last weekend by a cop looking for drunks. So twice in three months. No tickets, knock on wood. The color and appearance of mine seem to keep it low profile. It doesn't stand out as much as the red and yellow ones do.

Dont forget about the Synergy Green ones too, I got pulled over for doing 73 on a 50 (highway changed from 65 to 50 didnt see it) and it was after owning my car for 3hrs, he gave me a warning because he said "Im getting used to the power of the Camaro" but told me next time he will double my ticket, got pulled over 3 more times by the same cop just to tell me he didn't forget about it and how much he loves the new Camaro's both old and new. We talked for a good 10 minutes and he told me if he wasn't in his trooper 24/7 he would have a Camaro too. As I was leaving he told me "one day I will ticket you, I promise you that, I mean you have the SGM I can see you speeding through a forest 10 miles away, so be careful." I laughed at him and told him yes sir and the went on with my way, so no warning yet, buy plenty of cool cops.
The other day I got a thumbs up from a cop on the highway, I was doing speed limit lol.
You never realize that theres actually great cops out there, when you have a nice car lol, because with my old Focus everytime I got pulled over I got a ticket (3 times), it was just liscense and regiatration heres what you did wrong and heres your ticket. But now the first thing they say is nice car, and talk about it. I like that lol.
The_Bosnian_Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #35
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Not yet!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #36
ScientistMartin

Drives: 2010 Red Camaro 2SS RS M6
Haven't been pulled over yet ( Knock on wood ) but I know the cops are just dying to come up with an excuse to. ( Nashville, TN)
ScientistMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #37
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Twice here, last one was this last monday. I came to the conclusion that my tints are coming off. Im done giving leos the pleasure of pulling someone over.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #38
562TROJAN
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Maro23 View Post
Good ending to the story. I only hope to be as lucky as you if I ever get pulled over. (knock on wood)
562TROJAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #39
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
I've been pulled over once, and I deserved it, but luckily I was let off with a warning to slow it down.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #40
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
Fighting a ticket right now for 70 in a 40 on a long country road (he was sitting behind a tree... Yay lol, but its the first ticket sense ive had the car

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #41
Sidewinder

Drives: 2SS/RJT/A6/Received 09/09/09
No
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #42
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Nope...and I give out alot of warnings to all my Camaro family