Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-24-2015, 04:24 PM   #99
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
You need to be able to close your NPP flaps on start up. M2W will not do this. I've been looking for a controller to do this also.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:24 PM   #100
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Your neighbor has problems tell him to go drive his prius and shut the hell up. And as for loudness a guy one street over in my neighborhood has a straight piped Challenge Stradale I can hear him start the car up in my bedroom everyday he keeps a pair of earplugs inside because over 6k rpm your ears will feel it over a prolonged period of time. Hes had his car for over 5 years and no one has complained ever. My word of advice move out of commiefornia and live in a free state.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:06 PM   #101
Eddie2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
The neighbor should also consider moving. If that is such a problem then put the kid in an environment where he will not have to deal with that ever. I feel sorry for him at school though. My son (2yo) loves everytime I start up my car and says vroom vrooooooom dad. I wouldn't have it any other way. Today I finished installing stainless works header and exhaust 3in. Throughout and my son loved it and so did some of my neighbors that were out when I started it up.
Eddie2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:07 PM   #102
JayV83

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS RS LS3
He said he had 5 letters in total. 3 from hoa and 2 anonymous. That doesn't nessasarily (sorry I'm horrible at spelling lol) mean 5 different neighbors. I would be willing to bet its only one or a couple that keep complaining. Just a couple of yuppy pansies bitching that you aren't driving a prius.
JayV83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:20 PM   #103
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Well in Comufornia high flow cats are illegal. If I were you(I recently moved from Comufornia, thankfully) I would just put your stock cats back on and have a meeting with the HOA and state your car is stock, therefore you should not be bothered or harassed for it.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:24 PM   #104
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
This is the type of person HOA's are designed for, but if you agreed to their terms when you bought the place, you're not going to win here. Put the stock cats back on the car and learn from the mistake of buying in a HOA area.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:26 PM   #105
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
It's best to compromise in these situations. Don't crap where you sleep so keep your foot out of it in your neighborhood. If you park outside, point your tailpipes at your house, so the noise when you start it up fires at your walls not the neighbor's.

I've been around loud vehicles enough to know this should do it for the general masses unless you are just coming and going constantly at all hours.

If this isn't good enough they would just have to piss off, you tried. They won't invite you to the neighborhood picnic anyway.

I would never change my car to appease them, I would change my car if it was illegal and I was getting constant harassment from the cops, in which they are gonna have to pull you over, they can't just come over to your house and start looking at your car's exhaust. You do realize this is a civil matter, right people?
Old 01-24-2015, 05:34 PM   #106
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Black View Post
Had another one of my neighbors talk to me. He told me that I should push my car out of the street because his 7 year old son gets scared. My car only has NPP and high flow cats. His reason was that his son "plugs his ears" when I go by their house. I try to be quite by driving in third or fourth even . He also said that his son went and got his black hotwheels and said he doesn't want them anymore because they are "mean cars". Car part of me felt amused at it, the good part of me felt bad, and my dick part wanted to tell him to teach his son to man the f*** up. But in all seriousness, my car is louder than your average Camry however in no way is it loud enough to have 3 letters from HOA and 2 anonymous letters from neighbors. I know the whole move out of HOAs and California argument but I have to be here for a couple more years. At least the guy came up and talked to me about it not open my mailbox and write an anonymous letter.
If you are the owner of the Condo/House/Townhouse you need to read your HOA bylaws and if your not the owner have the owner read them for you and see what it says about noise and what type of noise. HOA's can be real pains in the ass and can even make legal action against you.

If the bylaws say nothing about noise from vehicles then I would not say a word to them but I would also park my Camaro in the Garage at night because your gonna wake up one morning with flat tires or your Camaro keyed....
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:35 PM   #107
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
I have long tubes no cats and 3 inch XS Power system and it is really loud especially at 5AM leaving for shows. I haven't had a neighbor complain yet and if they do so what it's all part of living in a neighborhood. For every one cry baby there will be five that like the sound so tell him to man up teach his kid not to be a sissy.

Offer dad a pin and a cupcake...
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2015, 05:47 PM   #108
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
It's best to compromise in these situations. Don't crap where you sleep so keep your foot out of it in your neighborhood. If you park outside, point your tailpipes at your house, so the noise when you start it up fires at your walls not the neighbor's.

I've been around loud vehicles enough to know this should do it for the general masses unless you are just coming and going constantly at all hours.

If this isn't good enough they would just have to piss off, you tried. They won't invite you to the neighborhood picnic anyway.

I would never change my car to appease them, I would change my car if it was illegal and I was getting constant harassment from the cops, in which they are gonna have to pull you over, they can't just come over to your house and start looking at your car's exhaust. You do realize this is a civil matter, right people?

If modified cars are a violation of the HOA bylaws, its a bit more serious than just not being invited to a picnic, in most cases they can and will fine you and if the fines go unpaid they can take a lien against your home and foreclose. Sure its a civil matter, nobody is going to jail for it, but you might end up homeless or paying out the ass in legal fees and fines.

I'll never understand why so many people voluntarily agree to live under these conditions but once you agree to it, you're pretty much stuck with following their rules or working within the HOA to change them.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:57 PM   #109
1 bad azz ls3

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ss/rs View Post
I have long tubes no cats and 3 inch XS Power system and it is really loud especially at 5AM leaving for shows. I haven't had a neighbor complain yet and if they do so what it's all part of living in a neighborhood. For every one cry baby there will be five that like the sound so tell him to man up teach his kid not to be a sissy.

Offer dad a pin and a cupcake...
lmfao classic
1 bad azz ls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:00 PM   #110
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Commiefornia man

Glad to be anywhere else
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:02 PM   #111
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Man I would never live in a HOA , Never .
around here if you want to live in a nice neighborhood you don't have a choice. any neighborhood you would want to live in has one.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:10 PM   #112
Dtowndog420

Drives: SBM 09 G8 GT/RH 15 SS 1LE
Sounds like the neighbor is raising sheep!!! What a panzy!!!
Dtowndog420 is offline   Reply With Quote