Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-20-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
rarebird

Drives: 2010
some people are just idiots

Got to vent on this one .... my wife drove the camaro to work this morning, which is normally not a big issue for its a secured parking lot that you must have a pass card to enter. Well here comes the idiot part.... someone that works at her facility had the nerve to write HI DARLA in the frost that was on the trunk... manytimes she has drove the beater or the family car but this was the 4th time she has drove the camaro to work and some whack job takes it on themselves to finger paint on the trunk... We have no idea who done it at this point but it makes so flippin' mad I want to chew on hand grenades and spit bullets. on a white car this would not be too much of an issue but black... come on people where are your smarts at... so help me when i find out im going to write on there car with a railroad spike.... grrrrrrrr... its been too cold to actually wash the car and detail it but so help me when we find out there will be some retribution
rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
you're gonna need the junkman...
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Ignorant fools that just don't get it. "DON'T TOUCH"
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I don't think the average person even takes into consideration what kind of paint damage that can cause. it seems harmless enough, someone was having fun.

unfortunately you will not be able to educate the world so you'll just have to deal with these kind of stupid moves for the rest of your life =(

I share your frustration.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
SuperH
Synergized

Drives: 2011 SGM M6 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to SuperH Send a message via AIM to SuperH Send a message via MSN to SuperH Send a message via Yahoo to SuperH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
I don't think the average person even takes into consideration what kind of paint damage that can cause. it seems harmless enough, someone was having fun.

unfortunately you will not be able to educate the world so you'll just have to deal with these kind of stupid moves for the rest of your life =(

I share your frustration.
Yeah, I'm sure it wasn't malicious. My friends know that touching anything aside from my door handle... that's one of my quirks. The door opens and closes by touching the door handle only. They wouldn't dare fingerprint in the frost!

Most people don't realize that even brushing against a dusty car is like sanding the clearcoat!
SuperH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:27 PM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
give that baztard the chair
Old 12-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #7
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Paul View Post
I would give them a thorough Beetle Bailey beat down.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:40 AM   #8
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebird View Post
Got to vent on this one .... my wife drove the camaro to work this morning, which is normally not a big issue for its a secured parking lot that you must have a pass card to enter. Well here comes the idiot part.... someone that works at her facility had the nerve to write HI DARLA in the frost that was on the trunk... manytimes she has drove the beater or the family car but this was the 4th time she has drove the camaro to work and some whack job takes it on themselves to finger paint on the trunk... We have no idea who done it at this point but it makes so flippin' mad I want to chew on hand grenades and spit bullets. on a white car this would not be too much of an issue but black... come on people where are your smarts at... so help me when i find out im going to write on there car with a railroad spike.... grrrrrrrr... its been too cold to actually wash the car and detail it but so help me when we find out there will be some retribution
Childish? Yes, but you seem a bit too angry vs. whats been done. Be thankful no one's put door dings in your car or keyed it. I would be aggravated too I suppose. Maybe someone's trying to get some attention from your wife and her hot car.

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:49 AM   #9
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Paul View Post
yeah!..the "junkman" knows~!.sometimes ya can't even take her outta the driveway!..wow!..screw it!..leave her in the garage,and just "look" at her!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:49 AM   #10
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
There would be an office memo going out regarding the fingerage of cars and writing of messages thereon at wifeys workplace if it was my call. That way the guilty idiot would at least know he was in the wrong to do such a stupid idiotic thing.
If I found out who did it to my car they would get a real ear scorching over their stupidity. A boyfriends kid made a peace sign on my old mazda pickup, and me and lil' daniel spend all day Saturday learning how to wax a vehicle.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:11 AM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
YES it was bad......but at least it was only frost.....I have seen idiots do that on TOTALLY DIRTY CARS and they write WASH ME in the dirt....IF I were to catch someone doing that......you would see me on the 6 o'clock news!! IN CUFFS!
Old 12-21-2010, 04:19 AM   #12
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
One thing I realized a long time ago, when you drive a car, any car, sh*t happens. You just don't pay as much attention to it when you drive a used Honda Civic, but when you drive a Camaro, you notice everything! I about drove myself nuts with my first Z28, then I realized that I wasn't going to let that junk ruin the joys of owning it. Eventually, even though I was still anal with it, I quit reacting to that kind of stuff based on expectations that eventually something was going to happen to it. Easier said than done, but why drive yourself nuts?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:23 AM   #13
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
being a rural area, I see alot of ppls vehicles with 'wash me' written in the dust/dirt all over their vehicles.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:33 AM   #14
Wolverine1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 CGM
Send a message via ICQ to Wolverine1
It sounds like a friendly co-worker thinking they're being cute. Innocent enough and no real harm done. probably just jealous of your nice ride!
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote