Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #15
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8killer View Post
so should I get the rx kit? From what I have been reading in the past months it sound great, but in the past few days it sounds like there is something is fishy
Ipf and Rx are both IMO good companies but if you have to ask then you might want to stay na. Even better pm both and see what work for you. I am hoping this would stay a build thread for future FI section that way we see progress of the a build for once without the controversy of companies.
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #16
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
The IPF kit is a complete kit, CNC brackets and it fits right the first time..
Old 10-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #17
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
The IPF kit is a complete kit, CNC brackets and it fits right the first time..
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #18
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
He Baylor, whats so funny, mine went right in, I was stateing the truth on my system...
Old 10-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #19
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8killer View Post
cool deal, if the 2 kits are making the same boost should they not run the same? I would rather have a cleaner look than not a clean look. How does hour car launch off the line?
Guys,I do not want to get involved in a thread started for another subject from the OP, but figured you would like some input.

The RX and IPF kits do use the same Vortech Si-Trim blower. We are actually starting to use the Paxton 1200-Trim blowers, which is the SAME blower as the Vortech just with a Paxton logo (Hint: Vortech = Paxton, Paxton = Vortech). The only reason for this change is because I am personally loyal to that brand having worked on the Paxton-side for a long time when I was with ECS (And yes we purchased Vortech YSi's for our upgrades), and I personally run the Paxton 2200 on my car. No other reason for the change but to just stay loyal to the Paxton namesake that has been in business since 1939.

More over than that, the systems do have design differences inherent with them just as numerous other S/C systems; A&A vs. ECS (In corvette world), Procharger than Vortech, and Magnacharger vs. Edelbrock! Choose for yourself which kit fits your needs, both have their own great points to them. The one thing that I can guarantee is, you will be HAPPY with your purchase of either!

Quote:
I am hoping this would stay a build thread for future FI section that way we see progress of the a build for once without the controversy of companies.
You will not be seeing anymore of these controversies. I believe that Todd and his staff can join us saying both kits are great... Of course all of us are partial to a particular kit

Ok back on subject

Last edited by Matt @ RX; 10-06-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #20
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Wow, I went to take a shower and the place explodes
Back on track here, it was raining late yesterday here so I of course jump into the camaro to take it out and see how the new tune was going to hold up in humidity. It was noticeably better, I think now its in my head and I'm being overly picky. Now the only small issue I have is the idle dive when coming to a stop and depressing the clutch. I have had one stall in a few weeks but this need to be tweaked. I figure one more tweak then back to the dyno
Being an almost daily driver and I do use the car in the winter (no snow) I need to make sure the tune is usable in all weather.
Just a side note, I am not paid or an employee of IPF. I am just a shade tree mechanic who loves Camaro's and have found a new love for the V6. (Not the ECM :( )
And I do have RX products on my vert and my ls V6 Coupe. In fact my coupe may be sporting an RX SC kit by next summer. Tracy (RX) and Jesse (IPF) have both been a great help to increase my knowledge on these cars !
Oh a shout out to Jim at J&M performance for putting up with me hanging around giving what I think is great advise
Old 10-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #21
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Both of these companys went out of their to put out something for our little v6 nobody else unless you perfer a turbo, they both are quality products. Maybe five years down the road we will see a whipple, but these sc are impressive, even though Paxton was more into the Mustang then anything else, having gas about 490 a gallon I'll take it, so Nuttbutt what AFM are you using? My fuel trim fell off the chart bottomed out. Just waiting for a new tune myself, Enjoy
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #22
Nutbutt

Shout out to the IPF/EDS people on turning around tweaks for my tune. They have gotten me to the point where this is very close to the OEM tune. These people really know their stuff and know how to communicate with a shade tree mechanic like me. Love this kit and the service is great considering time zone differences.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #23
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
What is still not right with the tune? What do you mean by close to oem?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #24
bcperry
Engineer in Training

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
What do you mean by close to oem?
I was just about to ask that, I don't get it.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #25
Nutbutt

There is a slight idle oscillation at hot idle, 100rpm swing. The OEM tune of course is steady but not usable with the kit.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #26
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
My idle always did the little 100rpm fluctuation even when stock
Old 10-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #27
Nutbutt

More than a fluctuation, that I could deal with. Right now it is a sinusoidal oscillation that is continual.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #28
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Wow, if that's all that's off on the tune then it must be really spot on. Mine also does that fluctuation even when it was stock.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote