Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 02-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
boro62

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Me and my Camaro on Willow Springs Big Track

So sunday, me and some friends ventured out to the middle of nowhere (rosamond, ca) to test out our cars after and the mods we have done to it.

The adventure started on Friday, as we gathered and prepped our cars for the day at the track. Went through and did oil changes, bled brakes, swapped brake pads, some suspension adjustments, checked fluids and tires.

After a long friday night of prepping, we headed out to get our cars aligned and some last minute shopping. (extra oil, fluids, etc. etc.) We finally pack up our stuff (lonnnnngggggg list of stuff) we headed out to lancaster, where we would stay the night at lancaster inn, which is about 10 min. away from the track.

Sunday morning came quickly, and we checked out and warmed up our cars in a cold winter desert morning.

We finally arrive at the track, and went through registration and sat in class since we were in the beginners group. (most of us have been on a track at one point, but we all still consider ourselves extreme newbies and wanted some instruction) Sat through class, as they went through some basic stuff, safety etc. etc.

First session, (since this was the beginners group) we did a few parade laps around the track. The purpose of this was for us to get an idea of the track, and also the lines we should be taking.

After the first session, we sat in again the classroom, and went over a few other things, like lines, etc. etc. and were introduced to our instructor for the next 2 sessions on the track.

The next 2 sessions, my instructor, continued to scream over the engine, FASTER!! BRAKE NOW!!! BRAKE HARDER!!!, and continues to yank my steering wheel in the direction we should be going, at the same time showing us visual cues at where we should be pointing our cars through different turns and lines on the track.

The next 2 sessions, we were let loose to practice on our own, what we were taught for the day.

This track was extremely fun and a bit scary, since its a high speed track, and you can really get some speed on the straight leading into turn 1. I think I caught myself going 130 MPH, before having to brake hard to into turn 1.

Anyhow, here are some pics of my Camaro on the track.

Enjoy!!!

-BC

boro62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Cool. Thank you for sharing!

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I want to get on the Big track with my Beast! I took a FastLane course on the Streets in Dec, and am itching to get on the big track! That's a lot of fun with the motorcycle (I've been on all the tracks with my bikes) and I'm sure as much with the car! Soon After Fontana in May!

Thanks for sharing!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
That looks like a lot of fun! How much did it cost you?
Old 02-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #5
boro62

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
it was through speedventures.com

It cost $170 + $20 for transponder for lap times. BTW, if your looking for something like a high performance driving school, this isn't it. Its more of a fun day at the track with some basic instructions. Still awsome fun and for the price it was pretty unbeatable.
boro62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
FANTA-Z

Drives: 2010 SSRS
Great pics!!!
FANTA-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #7
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANTA-Z View Post
Great pics!!!
Awesome sig!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #8
FANTA-Z

Drives: 2010 SSRS
Thank you sir!! A friend of mine on another board made it for me. He has a knack for doing sig pics.
FANTA-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:10 PM   #9
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Looks like you winning in all the pics!

You beat a pretty impressive list of cars, starting with the three tone Nissan!
Old 02-26-2010, 03:40 AM   #10
ChevyThunder

Drives: pinto
Did you do the turn 8 sweeper flat out Love Willows Springs.... the Budweiser Balcony
ChevyThunder is offline   Reply With Quote