Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-22-2020, 09:42 PM   #43
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 View Post
Went to Chevrolet in Udon Thani, Thailand yesterday. What a sad bunch they looked to be. They know Chevy is leaving so their jobs are going away in about 5 years and they look like it. So I asked them about part numbers and the like. They are like nope. We can't get any parts. So I'm on my own. I found the correct Mobile 1 oil, finally. It will cost me about $180 to change the oil. I haven't found a filter here, and I doubt I will. So I'm going to have to ship 2 or 3 of them from the states or Australia to here. They said they carry the diff Fluid, we'll see. I don't trust anything anymore. Time to buy a lift and hope nothing serious goes wrong. That oil pump breaking thread is scary. Cause I'd probably have to do it myself for me to be confident everything is correct, or I'd have to find a mechanic that specializes in specialty cars. I'm just going to have to pray on this one... and not be too brutal on the car (which just isn't me actually).
Oil pump issues are an issue on certain 17-18 models.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:58 AM   #44
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Oil changes cost about $180 here. This car is actually pretty sturdy. Change the oil and diff fluid on time. Order the alignment bolts, oil filters, air filters and you should be good.

It's definitely a risk having a foreign car that is basically unsupported by a dealership, but it will be worth it.
Yeah, especially when the King demands that I pay 3 times the price.... Let's hope so. I think I have the only stock quarter million dollar camaro. And it's not gold plated, LOL. Can't wait to drive her though.
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:00 AM   #45
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Oil pump issues are an issue on certain 17-18 models.
I saw that but I think this car was actually built in late 2018. I'm trying to determine the exact GM build date and not the HSV conversion date now.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:53 AM   #46
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Quote:
Yeah, especially when the King demands that I pay 3 times the price.... Let's hope so. I think I have the only stock quarter million dollar camaro. And it's not gold plated, LOL. Can't wait to drive her though.
Yikes ! That is some serious import duty.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:20 PM   #47
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
Yikes ! That is some serious import duty.
Yep, quarter million dollar Camaro. Unreal, but a Lambo, and a cheap Ferrari are like 900K. And there are many cars that are well over a million USD here. So I'm trying to be cost effective, but still have a badass car with unlocked potential.

On another note, GM has these Rock Guards. Does anybody have them that you know of. Also, this car comes with the side skirts and rear extension dress up body parts (must be where the extra 150K went). Will the rock guards fit with these body parts. And I'm gonna have to rivet these on myself. Cause I'll just take my time and do it right. Even though I've never done this before. I don't think 2 rivets and a screw can be too tough. That is if the flaps fit with the side skirts and rear extensions. I might have to ask the forum on this.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:32 PM   #48
Mark R

I hope you can deduct that duty off your taxable income.

As far as rocks guards, I'm not sure. I think there are fitment issues on the ZL-1 because the side skirts are different from the other Camaro models.
Old 10-23-2020, 01:03 PM   #49
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
I hope you can deduct that duty off your taxable income.

As far as rocks guards, I'm not sure. I think there are fitment issues on the ZL-1 because the side skirts are different from the other Camaro models.
Right..... The US Government is so in debt right now, they wanted to tax my frequent flyer miles. They sure as hell ain't letting me write off a delivery car like this.

As for the rock Guards, I'll wait till I get the car and evaluate. Unfortunately, I will drive first, guards or no guards. I'm not going to be able to hold back once I get my hands on her.... I actually considered garaging her and having KPM Motorsports upgrade her with Hennessey's Exorcist type 1000hp package immediately, and try to sell her for 350 - 400K. It could sell, easily. But I got her to drive her, not to sell so "Phuket" (sounds about right, LOL), I am in Thailand, LOL. I just need to enjoy the break in period, and try to keep her under 4K. Since this car has been around waiting for a buyer, I might change the oil immediately and put in a Dimple magnetic drain plug, and then go 500 miles (to my house in Udon Thani). I'll have to see when I get her; how many Kilometers are on her. I guess I'll end the thread here. I'll post pics in about a month on a new Thread when I receive her. Still trying to decide how to decorate her in subtle American, without being Visually too loud. I'm VERY Excited. I cant phuken sleep!! It's 1 am now
Old 10-23-2020, 01:15 PM   #50
Mark R

Rock on ! We'll be anticipating the pics.
Old 10-23-2020, 01:24 PM   #51
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yep, quarter million dollar Camaro. Unreal, but a Lambo, and a cheap Ferrari are like 900K. And there are many cars that are well over a million USD here. So I'm trying to be cost effective, but still have a badass car with unlocked potential.

On another note, GM has these Rock Guards. Does anybody have them that you know of. Also, this car comes with the side skirts and rear extension dress up body parts (must be where the extra 150K went). Will the rock guards fit with these body parts. And I'm gonna have to rivet these on myself. Cause I'll just take my time and do it right. Even though I've never done this before. I don't think 2 rivets and a screw can be too tough. That is if the flaps fit with the side skirts and rear extensions. I might have to ask the forum on this.
There’s a few out there that work. Cheap side is about $60-70, high side is $200.

Making my own set is one of my planned winter projects.
Old 10-23-2020, 01:51 PM   #52
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
There’s a few out there that work. Cheap side is about $60-70, high side is $200.
I didn't have much luck with them (at least on the front), which ones to do recommend?
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 02:25 PM   #53
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
I didn't have much luck with them (at least on the front), which ones to do recommend?
It was briefly discussed a few days ago in one of the other threads. I think they had the JLP, JLR, ones, something like that. Those seem to be the widest & least expensive, but not a direct fit.

I think AGP? Was the $200 direct fit ones, looked not too bad.

I have the pages saved on my iPad at home & can post links when I get home.

Like I said though, I’m going to try & fab my own as I have a certain look I want to achieve. Either going Aluminum or ABS as I can weld either.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:30 PM   #54
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Right..... The US Government is so in debt right now, they wanted to tax my frequent flyer miles. They sure as hell ain't letting me write off a delivery car like this.

As for the rock Guards, I'll wait till I get the car and evaluate. Unfortunately, I will drive first, guards or no guards. I'm not going to be able to hold back once I get my hands on her.... I actually considered garaging her and having KPM Motorsports upgrade her with Hennessey's Exorcist type 1000hp package immediately, and try to sell her for 350 - 400K. It could sell, easily. But I got her to drive her, not to sell so "Phuket" (sounds about right, LOL), I am in Thailand, LOL. I just need to enjoy the break in period, and try to keep her under 4K. Since this car has been around waiting for a buyer, I might change the oil immediately and put in a Dimple magnetic drain plug, and then go 500 miles (to my house in Udon Thani). I'll have to see when I get her; how many Kilometers are on her. I guess I'll end the thread here. I'll post pics in about a month on a new Thread when I receive her. Still trying to decide how to decorate her in subtle American, without being Visually too loud. I'm VERY Excited. I cant phuken sleep!! It's 1 am now

Can't wait for the new thread.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:59 PM   #55
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

Good luck, Mr. Sleepless in Bangkok

Don't skip the rock guards and/or Xpel even for a few hundred miles of spirited driving, or (depending on road quality and the amount of "daaang son" lifted bro trucks on your streets) you might as well order another set of side rockers.

The GM color matched splash guards do not work with the ZL1, you need to go aftermarket, I used the RPI Designs premium rock guards, ZL1 Addons has an almost identical design, and ACS composites sells a more expensive solution. Mudflap style or not, I don't give a *** what people say, these are at least somewhat effective.

As to visuals, I can wholeheartedly recommend this Decal Concepts quarter window flag, there is also a carbon fiber version if you're so inclined: https://decalconcepts.com/product/ca...ecal-2015-2018. This is how it looks on my car:
Attached Images

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:24 PM   #56
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Good luck, Mr. Sleepless in Bangkok

Don't skip the rock guards and/or Xpel even for a few hundred miles of spirited driving, or (depending on road quality and the amount of "daaang son" lifted bro trucks on your streets) you might as well order another set of side rockers.

The GM color matched splash guards do not work with the ZL1, you need to go aftermarket, I used the RPI Designs premium rock guards, ZL1 Addons has an almost identical design, and ACS composites sells a more expensive solution. Mudflap style or not, I don't give a *** what people say, these are at least somewhat effective.

As to visuals, I can wholeheartedly recommend this Decal Concepts quarter window flag, there is also a carbon fiber version if you're so inclined: https://decalconcepts.com/product/ca...ecal-2015-2018. This is how it looks on my car:
That window decal would probably get him buried under a prison.