Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
angrykiller1

Drives: 2011 2ss inferno orange convertible
lemon law

A lot more folks are asking about a lemon law now. Be aware, most states have requirements you must meet within the FIRST YEAR. waiting around for a better fix is fine if that's what you want to do, but in the case of lemon law, you might be screwing yourself out of meeting the requirements!!! i just wanted to post this for some newcomers.
angrykiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Good advice

Each states laws are not alway the same.

I know that in Florida EVERY new car sold must come with a handbook that clearly explains the state lemon law and the buyer MUST sign a document that they received it.

2 years in Florida.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrykiller1 View Post
A lot more folks are asking about a lemon law now. Be aware, most states have requirements you must meet within the FIRST YEAR. waiting around for a better fix is fine if that's what you want to do, but in the case of lemon law, you might be screwing yourself out of meeting the requirements!!! i just wanted to post this for some newcomers.
That could be why so-called "fixes" take so long and why they try to avoid the "three attempts" necessary to trigger the legal recourse.

If you want WHITE GLOVE CUSTOMER SERVICE from GM, you'll have to buy a Chevy VOLT.
They have their own exclusive OnStar system, a separate Hot Line, parts are overnighted to the dealer of your choice, and engineers/electricians come to your home if your charging system so much as burps.

I mentioned in another thread that a friend ran over his Volt's charging plug with his truck in the garage. His little boy was playing with it and left in on the floor. He crushed it to smithereens and bent it from round to oval. Within two hours a local Chevy dealer (not the selling dealer) was at his house with a new plug and cord.

Depending on which car you own, they'll wipe your butt if you ask them nicely. It looks like the new Stingray will be one of those, too.
But the Camaro? Not so much.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
I would like to say if anyone is thinking of going the Lemon Law route, please read up on your states law. If you have questions, call your attorney general. It is free and usually a 1-800 number. I know I did to make sure I was in the confines of the law here in Minnesota. And for those not knowing what their law may be. Here is the link from the BBB
http://www.bbb.org/us/auto-line-lemon-law/
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
I would like to say if anyone is thinking of going the Lemon Law route, please read up on your states law. If you have questions, call your attorney general. It is free and usually a 1-800 number. I know I did to make sure I was in the confines of the law here in Minnesota. And for those not knowing what their law may be. Here is the link from the BBB
http://www.bbb.org/us/auto-line-lemon-law/
Good info here for all. What ever you do, talk to an experienced attorney that can file a lawsuit in YOUR STATE - and is willing to follow that through to the steps of the courthouse. GM knows all these weak lemon law mill guys, and they know which one's they can jerk around. Find one that is right in your area that has the ability, willingness, and knowledge to file for that court date. There's plenty of 5th Gen lemon's on the books - so odds are high you will find an attorney worth their degree to file a lawsuit.

I fired my first attorney "group" because they were nothing more than a "shell" address in my state with nobody here. That guy is in Florida, and uses paralegals in Michigan to "negotiate" small cash settlements with huge usage fees for miles driven, etc." while at the same time telling you that you will never win in court...etc, etc, etc. So be careful and don't just "Google" and call the first toll free number out there....they are interested in settling and making money - not interested in getting you what you deserve under the law. You want to see this attorney in person - see how they react to that.

And by the way, the BBB has no legal power to represent you and you can and may be giving up your rights to sue by using them. An attorney costs you NOTHING under the lemon law, check with your state statutes -- thus far I have no knowledge of a state that does not require the manufacturer to liable for your legal fees. Your attorney can tell you this up front right on the phone. The plus side is your attorney can take them to court....and trust me, the manufacturer does not want a plethora of public records for lawsuits settled IN COURT in the favor of complainant....it opens doors. Don't let anyone try to get you to settle for a measly couple of grand and a warranty. Heck, they don't even honor the new car warranty! Demand what the lemon law requires. A new car, or a refund. It's cut and dry.

In the end, I grabbed a good attorney right here in my city, and a court date with a complaint filed in court the same week. Cost me nothing but 11 months of aggravation and an absolute disdain for the lack of ethics in this corporate giant - all the way up to those I spoke with at corporate on an email level before having to file a lawsuit.

So, keep your records, and DO NOT wait to have anything fixed - keep giving back to them to get it right. Make sure every single time you take it back to the dealer they start a NEW REPAIR ORDER. Many dealerships try to bury the amount of visits by combining work orders, do not allow it - it is your right.

Happy to mention that GM refunded our purchase price, I refused a replacement vehicle considering their attitudes, arrogance, and lack of performance under the new car warranty. What the hell would I want another headache for. I know the stress this crap causes, and I felt an incredible freedom when I signed that car back over to that company.

Best regards, and good luck to all in your devoutness to hold GM responsible for the warranty on these damn fun to drive and beautiful cars. Such a shame they had to ruin it all with their arrogance. :(
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #6
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
so who was your lawyer?
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote