Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-02-2015, 10:00 PM   #15
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
I'm going to revive this post. I have had the reduced engine power light go on. Took it to the dealer. I was told I had a lot of carbon built up from my cold air inductions intake. The dealer cleaned it all off, everything was fine.
I ordered a new air filter for it but right before I got the new one it has happened again. Do you think I'm the few miles (less than 100 miles) I drove with the dirty air filter this could have happened again?
Were did the dealer say the carbon build up was ?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:51 PM   #16
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
The carbon build up was on the intake I was told. I wish I could remember where I put my receipt. I left for New York a day after they saw it and it happened again within 2 days of returning.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:58 PM   #17
camguynj

Quote:
The carbon build up was on the intake I was told. I wish I could remember where I put my receipt. I left for New York a day after they saw it and it happened again within 2 days of returning.
Hmmm ...ask again if the carbon was on the intake tube or the throttle body ?
Only possible way for carbon to get on the intake tube is from the PCV tube that's connected to it, and IDK if it's at all possible for any/enough carbon to build up that could cause a Reduced Power CEL condition ( unless massive amounts of oil vapor is build up in your intake manifold -due to a gasket leak??) Carbon build up on the throttle is more likely especially if you don't have a catch can. You should really ask the dealer to clarify & confirm where the carbon build up was and how did they clean it? As the " cleaning" could be masking a more serious problem that will happen again.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:04 PM   #18
Haole
2017 SS

I will. I did fail to replace my air filter for my CAI intake and it was very dirty. I have since changed it. But only yesterday when the reduced engine popped up again
Old 10-06-2015, 03:39 PM   #19
Haole
2017 SS

Well I cleaned out the tube part of my CAI intake (just had dust) and checked my MAF. installed new air filter and so far no problem the engine light also turned off.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:32 AM   #20
camguynj

Question

Quote:
Well I cleaned out the tube part of my CAI intake (just had dust) and checked my MAF. installed new air filter and so far no problem the engine light also turned off.
Good for you. Still would like to know where the "carbon build up" was the dealer said they found? and how they cleaned it ?
Old 10-13-2015, 09:12 PM   #21
Haole
2017 SS

Cleaning my car I found the receipt from the dealer. States that they found an excessive amount of carbon build up at the throttle plates. Does not say how they cleaned it just said it was cleaned up adjust the idle reset the DTC. Since I have change my air filter everything is running perfect
Old 10-08-2018, 10:27 PM   #22
jaramrezSS32

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
CEL No codes Cutoffs. CEL goes away once I turn the car back on

I am having troubles trying to figure out my issue.
I have CEL and I tried pulling codes from the car. But no codes at all. At standstill the car will shut off and get a check engine light no codes turn the car back on no CEL. While driving the car will have a CEL and it will seem like it’s going to cut out but it picks back up and CEL goes away.
jaramrezSS32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:45 AM   #23
Badi agha

Drives: Camaro 2010 v6
I found it finally
The answer guys is
Front window it there is water leak it will cause engine power is reduced
Badi agha is offline   Reply With Quote