Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #71
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
There is your problem right there. the NT555R "drag radial" IMO is one of the worst drag radials you can use. I honestly think you would be pleasantly surprised how much a difference a set of ET streets would do.

switching from Nittos to the Mickeys was the best decision I ever made when I was looking to get my best times. the NT555Rs are a fine street tire IMO, but as a drag radial from personal experience...I think there are stickier street tires than the NT555R
I agree with you.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #72
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
GOOD LUCK! 5.0 ARE FAST BUT I HATE THEM!
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #73
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
2015s are only ~80lbs fatter and should have more than enough of a power bump to make up for it. They are sexy nice cars. I love the new interior.

A ET street or NT05r hooks much better than a 555. AGP car was running ~10-11psi when it trapped 136mph.

Get a good tire, some suspension and turn boost up to ~10psi and you have a solid 130+mph car that could be running 10s all day.

I love my mustang. I got $120 in lower control arms and it hooks hard. People want IRS but I wanted the mustang for the solid axle. For straight line it is amazing.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:03 PM   #74
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
A ET street or NT05r hooks much better than a 555. AGP car was running ~10-11psi when it trapped 136mph.

Get a good tire, some suspension and turn boost up to ~10psi and you have a solid 130+mph car that could be running 10s all day.
Agreed about the tires, but my NT555Rs still have a lot of tread. I am now saving for smaller turbos. I wish I knew about them before I added the turbos. I am at 6lbs and a conservative tune. 14 MPH is alot more power. A race fuel tune I imagine? for me to go 10 psi I think I would need a BAP.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #75
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro500 View Post
GOOD LUCK! 5.0s ARE FAST BUT I HATE THEM!
Funny! I like the way you shouted that.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:36 PM   #76
That_Guy

Drives: n/a
You don't need a BAP, you have plenty of fuel pump left. Have you considered methanol injection? Also, see my post in the forced induction subforum about increasing fuel pressure without the adm controller. The 1LE will allow you to raise fuel pressure to at least 66psi, that is as high as I have tried thus far. I would also NOT add smaller tires, an 18x9.5 +25-+35mm offset with a 305/45/18 MT will net you a very good 60ft
That_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #77
Unreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Agreed about the tires, but my NT555Rs still have a lot of tread. I am now saving for smaller turbos. I wish I knew about them before I added the turbos. I am at 6lbs and a conservative tune. 14 MPH is alot more power. A race fuel tune I imagine? for me to go 10 psi I think I would need a BAP.
No race fuel. Just crap 91 arizona fuel. 80lbs injectors that AGP includes with kit and BAP/ZL1 pump.

No need for smaller turbos. They aren't going to help. You need traction, not less power. If anything focus on fuel and traction. Turn them up to 8-9psi and you will gain 80-100rwhp from the extra 2-3psi. That will be a solid 5+mph.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:30 PM   #78
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU.... for a fabulous read/post! If I have to read one more, "Waaaaa,I bought the wrong car what should I do"?, or "Will a CAI void my warranty"?, or "How much will this paint scratch cost to fix"???... I may have to sell my Camaro, buy a 5.0 and beat Fraxum at the track! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-11-2014, 11:17 PM   #79
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
No race fuel. Just crap 91 arizona fuel. 80lbs injectors that AGP includes with kit and BAP/ZL1 pump.

No need for smaller turbos. They aren't going to help. You need traction, not less power. If anything focus on fuel and traction. Turn them up to 8-9psi and you will gain 80-100rwhp from the extra 2-3psi. That will be a solid 5+mph.
Here is my thinking on the smaller turbos. Now my car is stock below 3K. The smaller turbos would come on sooner and give me more torque. Even though peak HP would be a little lower, this greater torque and HP spread would help move this tank of a car.

With my NT555Rs if I heat them up good and run 20 pounds I bog big time when there is good track prep. Traction is just not a problem for my 1LE. I was actually just about as fast as when I just had LTs, a CAI, and DRs. Even with no tune. Of course my MPH is 5-7 mph higher. I am thinking with my turbos at 6lbs on a stock LS3 in a 4,000 pound car, it is just too heavy with weak low end power and the turbos are just too big for this situation at 6 pounds. 6 pounds of boost is way more than you need on the street, but not so much fun at the drag strip.

But, I should explore what I have before I move on. I will get a boost controller. I have a ZL1 fuel pump. I would think with a BAP I would be good to go. Then I get a boost controller and up the boost to 8-9.

I guess my worry would be my tune. I do have an AEM Wideband failsafe gauge, but I have not dug into what it can tell me with data logging. I will do that. And I have a fuel pressure gauge. My tune is conservative. I have work to do.

But also there is a Camaro V. Mustang day at Atco on Sunday and I need to represent. Even though my Camaro is not as fast as it should be, it is faster than most street Mustangs at the track.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:23 PM   #80
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Guy View Post
You don't need a BAP, you have plenty of fuel pump left. Have you considered methanol injection? Also, see my post in the forced induction subforum about increasing fuel pressure without the adm controller. The 1LE will allow you to raise fuel pressure to at least 66psi, that is as high as I have tried thus far. I would also NOT add smaller tires, an 18x9.5 +25-+35mm offset with a 305/45/18 MT will net you a very good 60ft
I am bogging with 305/45/18 NT 555Rs. When I finally wear them out I may get MTs or NT05Rs as long as traction becomes a problem. I had bigger traction problems when I was running LTs and a CAI.

I was looking into that ADM controller. But when I emailed them they said I should refer back to my original tuner and leave them alone. ??? What is different about the ADM controler than a BAP?
Old 07-11-2014, 11:34 PM   #81
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnuyokr View Post
THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU.... for a fabulous read/post! If I have to read one more, "Waaaaa,I bought the wrong car what should I do"?, or "Will a CAI void my warranty"?, or "How much will this paint scratch cost to fix"???... I may have to sell my Camaro, buy a 5.0 and beat Fraxum at the track! Keep up the good work!
Come on down with your new 5.0 and kick a dog while he is down. Or bring your Camaro out and see if you can run with the big dogs.

I am so tired of those posts too. Long ago I stopped looking at them. But every once in a while I do a drive by post just for fun. Those posters are okay, they just need to stop worrying so much. Life is for learning and living.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:44 AM   #82
That_Guy

Drives: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I am bogging with 305/45/18 NT 555Rs. When I finally wear them out I may get MTs or NT05Rs as long as traction becomes a problem. I had bigger traction problems when I was running LTs and a CAI.

I was looking into that ADM controller. But when I emailed them they said I should refer back to my original tuner and leave them alone. ??? What is different about the ADM controler than a BAP?
You should not need either, you command a higher voltage and flow in the tune, and the factory fpcm will do the same as a bap. I raised my fuel pressure to 66 psi with NO extra parts at all. Just a tuning change.
That_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #83
Unreal

Turn the boost up, add meth. There are tons of other things to do before turbos. Get a 2 step. There is no reason to ever be below 3k when racing. I'm just trying to save you money/heart ache/etc. Smaller turbos aren't going to solve the problem you are having. Up the boost, and launch it harder, and you have a solid 10 second car.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:44 AM   #84
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Great thread and specially like how you are such a good sport. I do have to say that I am very disappointed with how low your trap is. 120 should be the trap of a well set up cam/bolt on Ls3 camaro, no?