Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-29-2020, 05:56 PM   #1
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
FAST doesn't work with fuel rail covers; anyone altered to fit the MSD before?

Well, found a killer deal on the FAST and saw pics with the LS7 fuel rail covers on with the FAST....turns out, it offsets the connection points so it isn't secure, and you can't modify them to fit properly.
As a result I picked up the MSD to try to alter my fuel rail covers to fit with that since they use the stock fuel rails. Has anyone in the forum with a Z/28 done this before? I assume its just trimming down the intake area of the covers, but wanted to see if anyone had experience doing it.
If I can't mod the covers to work with the MSD, I'll just send it back and skip the extra work to add the MSD intake in place of the FAST intake.
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:11 PM   #2
MrRaZ28
@MrRaZ28

Drives: 2014 Z28 #80
Why not just not use the covers? They are a heat trap anyway.
MrRaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 06:04 AM   #3
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRaZ28 View Post
Why not just not use the covers? They are a heat trap anyway.
+1

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 07:08 AM   #4
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
I prefer the look with the covers, and I was attempting to essentially black out my engine bay as much as possible (down to a black TB and ceramic coated my headers black). The covers hide the heads to cover the last step to black it out as much as possible. IMO the engine looks like shit/a hot mess w/o the covers tbh; the covers complete the look. Its basically my grocery getter though; if I were tracking it, I'd remove them when I removed the drip tray for the run, but the chances of of me tracking it are basically zero.
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:34 AM   #5
MrRaZ28
@MrRaZ28

Drives: 2014 Z28 #80
Tracking it or not, they are still a heat trap. There's a reason non-tracked cars have the paint peeling off the letters. If the engine is running, they are keeping the heat from escaping and with headers even more so. I get it, but sending a much better intake back because you can't use them doesn't make much sense to me... do a coil relocation kit or something if that really is the goal. There's plenty of cars out there that never had these covers that look clean as hell.

MY plan was to cut slots into mine and use mesh to cover the slots, then get them carbon dipped.. but frankly it's a lot of work and I'm not concerned enough to do it. Plus $$.
MrRaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote