Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-30-2021, 03:24 PM   #15
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
There are the types of squirter's that go under the main bearings, that cause no clearance issues what so ever. Just a bit of machining / drilling and tapping.
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 03:33 PM   #16
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8One2 View Post
There are the types of squirter's that go under the main bearings, that cause no clearance issues what so ever. Just a bit of machining / drilling and tapping.
Yea, that's just a simple drilling through the main web. There are DIY kits for those too.

That said...no idea what these "M Garage" squirters are like and don't think there has been any detail offered on them ?
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:45 PM   #17
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Those are the ones that I bought. The Get M Garage squirters can work with any stroke/piston. There is a good YouTube video that a guy did putting them in. Brian Tooley also has a brief video on them as well.

I do wish there was some more reviews and long term reliability info on them. But I’m going to give them a shot anyway. Seems like a nice concept.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:48 PM   #18
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Whatever your opinion on them, they do in fact, pull heat out of the combustion chambers. Just because someone, a particular block or shop, doesn't use or like to use them is subjective. It all depends on your build and what you're trying to accomplish. If your running looser bearing clearances, and thicker oil, then I could see there being a potential oil flow / volume issue requiring an oil pump that cant flow enough volume to keep things lubricated. Especially if you have lifters with axel oiling thus exasperating the issue of oil flow. I all depends on what you're trying to do
I did purchase the high volume / high pressure Melling oil pump. For this very reason. I’m thinking I’ll likely have to try a few different weight oils once the squirters and high volume/pressure pump are in to get it right.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 11:18 PM   #19
*_ERIC_*
OMINOUS

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
I did purchase the high volume / high pressure Melling oil pump. For this very reason. I’m thinking I’ll likely have to try a few different weight oils once the squirters and high volume/pressure pump are in to get it right.
Which pump did you go with?