Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-06-2018, 08:36 PM   #29
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I was just thinking that today... This forum use to be active no matter the time of day. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is kinda sad. Now you just see the same 20 people posting.
I know, right? I used to say any breaking news, I'd see it here first, anything you wanted to know on any topic, you could ask here & get good info quick. Sure miss that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
I came in when this place was busy.. It was full of characters good and bad ..Still enjoy it but its very neutral..I think the push a couple years ago to clean up and make it family friendly, kinda made a model for membership..I'm still here but miss the interaction..bat in the trunk thread probably gets killed quickly..maybe I'm wrong
I absolutely Agree. I was heart broken when the great purge happened without even reviewing the threads. I lost many of my best pics that I had no copies of due to a virus corrupting them on my SD card. I was heart broken to see how that squashed the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
My actual club forum has nearly gone completely dormant because of that very thing, I had NEVER been on FB before, and refused to get on it, I actually hate it, but if I want to be able to keep up or know what is going on in my local club, I had to brake down and get on it, it was either that or quit the club!!

Our club forum also had to move to Facebook for the same reason. Then it was stolen & taken over by a _________(censoring myself). I am pretty much out of the club scene now

Ruby.....thank goodness us diehards will still be around.

Yeah, I check in regularly on certain threads & watching for anything new, & still keep up my build thread even though few are around to look. I still can get some good info but much slower.

(see 1st comment)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
It is a little sad to see the forum post drop so drastically over the years. I know many still have their 5th Gens too, you can see them at Camarofest. But they just don't care to post, or share or converse on the forum anymore. You can get to know the people a lot more if they continue to share their passion for the cars and the group as a whole.
Here Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Ok, and well...this person needs to be banned or something just for making us feel old.
Uh, some of us ARE old. I just retired last week. I was a mental health therapist for kids. I would often look at their dates of birth & think to myself: "My Camaro is older than you & I still think of it as new".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD DAB View Post
I’m still here too. I’ve met some really cool people on this site. I miss how active it was too. I still buy and sell from time to time. Maybe this post will spark peoples interest again. Cant wait for Camarofest.

I am so happy that the guy who sold me my Camaro told me about this forum. I had a blast, met cool people from all over the country, learned a ton & got super support through some really rough times in my life. Sure miss those times though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
More time for the gym you 2....
Not able to do much working out now due to back problems. Now that I am retired I hope to find a new way to keep in shape without aggravating my back or knee problems.

There are a lot of folks I miss conversing with. Glad some of you guys are still around!

RIP Bowtie Belle
Old 06-07-2018, 07:48 PM   #30
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:
Sarah (Bowtiebelle) was actually good friends with the mods. Unfortunately, she's no longer with us. I don't want people spreading false rumors about her. She was very active in the Camaro forum, just pursued other ventures when she moved to Florida and didn't have as much time for Camaro5.

Incorrect. The mods would constantly ban her (temporarily) for arguments and whatnot and eventually she moved to a different forum. She was more active there than here in the later years of c5.

edit: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261049

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5900257

I stand by my statement.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:08 PM   #31
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
How many Camaro5 moderators still own 5th gens? Time to hand over the reigns guys.......
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:13 PM   #32
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
I have been feeling the same way. I think a lot of people moved to the camaro 6 forums. When I first joined in 2014 this site was always very active and it’s gotten less these past couple years. Maybe when the 5th gens become classics, traffic will come back to this forum.
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:56 PM   #33
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
Incorrect. The mods would constantly ban her (temporarily) for arguments and whatnot and eventually she moved to a different forum. She was more active there than here in the later years of c5.

edit: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261049

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5900257

I stand by my statement.
I was personally close friends with her for years vs someone that only knew her on a forum... what do I know?

She is pushed the envelope on the rules many times. She never once left Camaro5 until she persued other ventures.

I’m sure mods can comment here and say that even after she stopped posting, she still regularly talked to forum members and the moderators.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:43 AM   #34
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:
I was personally close friends with her for years vs someone that only knew her on a forum... what do I know?

She is pushed the envelope on the rules many times. She never once left Camaro5 until she persued other ventures.

I’m sure mods can comment here and say that even after she stopped posting, she still regularly talked to forum members and the moderators.
"Hi y'all! I got booted from Camaro5 for reasons that I won't mention. I'm kinda glad, too, 'cause it gets old, tip-toeing around the nazi that runs that place.

Anyway! I'm Sarah, I'm twentysomething and I have an imperial blue RS. I live in Arkansas/Oklahoma (at the border and I bounce between the two).

Good to be here and I hope to make some new friends! "

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/ne...irl-block.html

Strong words for this place eh? Again, she was tired of camaro5 and moved on to other forums. It's as simple as that. I'm sure she did at various times login here to pm friends and post afterwards but the proof is their bud. She DID LEAVE at some point because she was tired of the attitude the mods and admins had at the time as I said in my first post.

p.s. Next time don't call me a liar. I'll wait for my apology.

Last edited by Pi kappa alpha; 06-08-2018 at 09:54 AM.
Pi kappa alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #35
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
I am curious as I am a member of Camaro6. However, I am sure enough an old f@art and try to hang out here some each week. I am more active on Camaro6, but still like the folks here.

Ruby, you were parked next to me at the paddock, at NCM Raceway, at last years CamaroFest. I had the 2016 Camaro 2SS with the 6 speed. I hope to see you at NCM again this year.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:12 AM   #36
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I must have missed the hey day by a couple of years. I still enjoy it for the most part. Hard to believe the 5th Gen is nine model years old and...the 6th is 4!
Old 06-13-2018, 07:41 PM   #37
Moto-Mojo

Guess I’m living proof of the demise. I posted the above early this morning.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:58 PM   #38
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I read more than I post. I still come over and look around. Kinda slow.
This is and can be a great site to check out.
I think a few new moderators would be a refresh.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:12 PM   #39
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Name:  6CABE1A3-EAD6-4ED0-99CE-16F97B38528E.jpeg
Views: 286
Size:  264.9 KB

Here I am with my daughter and buddy at cfest 3
And I’m breaking the biggest rule of all rules.
Im touching Ruby’s bad ass car.
And caught in the act.
I do apologize

Seems like yesterday
Ok. A few yesterdays.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:42 PM   #40
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I agree Ruby. I remember you when i was a greenhorn around here. I was just thinking when i was signing in about how boring it is here now.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #41
Moto-Mojo

I for one would have loved to have read posts that got someone axed. That’s entertainment!
Old 06-14-2018, 09:42 PM   #42
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Iowa thread is so slow it hurts. Most went to facebook. Ruby, see ya in a month. We, more like my wife talked to ya at aoto-x about our daughter who is in the pysch field. Doing NCM again?